Author Topic: $700,000,000,000.00  (Read 9346 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: $700,000,000,000.00
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »
That remaining 1%, yes. Most people don't get the chance to abuse the system.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
That remaining 1%, yes. Most people don't get the chance to abuse the system.
It doesn't matter. 1 person is enough to really screw things up.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2008, 05:20:07 PM »

Too bad for the doom & gloom bunch, the world isn't going to end in spite of the democraps best efforts. The super rich will never be affected because some line on their massive balance sheet went down some. It's like having cases of twinkies, who cares it the dog gets into them, there is still more than anyone could ever want or need. The wealthy have more money than they can spend so it don't even matter if their balance sheet goes down millions or billions, they are never going to get wiped out.

all this comes down to for the super rich is yeehaa the peasants are panic selling their stock at huge discounts and the super rich are feasting on cheap stocks and will end up even richer in a few years.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2008, 05:47:14 PM »
Unfortunately for the Democrats, what Johnny posted is the truth.    Obama's economic advisor Franklin Raines (who is a former CEO of Fannie Mae lol)  and Barney Frank headed up the resistance against Republicans that wanted to investigate the books of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.   That really is bad news and it is the truth.    I like it how Democrats are trying to blame this on Bush and the Republicans, when they were the party that wanted to reform this situation years before the crisis we are facing now.   I actually read about that stuff a few days ago, and Hannity was bitching about it on the radio today.   I actually remember hearing about this in 2004 and it didn't even seem to be important back then.  I find it odd that two of Obama's economic advisors are both former CEOs of Fannie Mae.

http://overthehilloracles.wordpress.com/2008/09/09/the-obama-fannie-freddie-connection/

http://people.boston.com/forums/news/politics/general/?p=discussiondetails&activityid=8731153219468243318
:P   Internets are super serious.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2008, 06:20:56 PM »
Unfortunately for the Democrats, what Johnny posted is the truth.    Obama's economic advisor Franklin Raines (who is a former CEO of Fannie Mae lol)  and Barney Frank headed up the resistance against Republicans that wanted to investigate the books of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.   That really is bad news and it is the truth.    I like it how Democrats are trying to blame this on Bush and the Republicans, when they were the party that wanted to reform this situation years before the crisis we are facing now.   I actually read about that stuff a few days ago, and Hannity was bitching about it on the radio today.   I actually remember hearing about this in 2004 and it didn't even seem to be important back then.  I find it odd that two of Obama's economic advisors are both former CEOs of Fannie Mae.

http://overthehilloracles.wordpress.com/2008/09/09/the-obama-fannie-freddie-connection/

http://people.boston.com/forums/news/politics/general/?p=discussiondetails&activityid=8731153219468243318
Sorry, which party in large numbers voted against all this? Not the Democrats. If Clinton was still in charge as opposed Bush, the US would have built up a budget surplus of $5.7tn.

As for economic advisors, take a look at McCain. Not only does he not know at all what he is talking about when it comes to the ecomony (by his own confession, no less), he has hired the people responsible for this mess. Up until recently, his chief ecomonic advisor was a man named Phil Gramm. Look him up and see for yourself.

Looking through the books of Fannnie Mae and Freddie Mac would have made no difference, the mess would have happened anyway, just sooner.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2008, 07:35:06 PM »

Sorry, which party in large numbers voted against all this? Not the Democrats. If Clinton was still in charge as opposed Bush, the US would have built up a budget surplus of $5.7tn.

As for economic advisors, take a look at McCain. Not only does he not know at all what he is talking about when it comes to the ecomony (by his own confession, no less), he has hired the people responsible for this mess. Up until recently, his chief ecomonic advisor was a man named Phil Gramm. Look him up and see for yourself.

Looking through the books of Fannnie Mae and Freddie Mac would have made no difference, the mess would have happened anyway, just sooner.
They both did actually for the most part.    Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lobby on both sides and have contributed to both parties.   Too bad their former CEOs back Obama.   I wouldn't say that he has hired the people totally responsible for this mess.   The blame can be attributed to both parties and not just Gramm.   He was on the committee, but Clinton also signed the bill in question and put it into effect.   Gramm does not work for McCain any more, but the two former CEOs of Fannie Mae do work for Obama still.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »
Well the bill goes into Senate on Wednesday to be voted on, and sequentially to the House of Representatives again on Thursday.

Although pressure from the public alone might see the bill being rejected again, especially since it's an election year, and a lot of Congressmen and Senator are on the vote on November. In fact, the failure of the bill passing on Monday can be partly attributed to people calling their representative and basically telling them, "NO Bailout". So this is proof that until the right circumstances, people can exert a lot of power over the system, and should seize the opportunity.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2008, 05:13:01 AM »

They both did actually for the most part.    Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lobby on both sides and have contributed to both parties.   Too bad their former CEOs back Obama.   I wouldn't say that he has hired the people totally responsible for this mess.   The blame can be attributed to both parties and not just Gramm.   He was on the committee, but Clinton also signed the bill in question and put it into effect.   Gramm does not work for McCain any more, but the two former CEOs of Fannie Mae do work for Obama still.
Most companies under your ridiculous system donate to both parties, it just underscores how corrupt American politics is. Yes Clinton may have signed it into law, but at that point the Republicans had both houses, he had little choice but to sign it in. Gramm is still advising McCain, just because he has resigned does not negate the point. How naive are you?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2008, 05:14:59 AM »
Well the bill goes into Senate on Wednesday to be voted on, and sequentially to the House of Representatives again on Thursday.

Although pressure from the public alone might see the bill being rejected again, especially since it's an election year, and a lot of Congressmen and Senator are on the vote on November. In fact, the failure of the bill passing on Monday can be partly attributed to people calling their representative and basically telling them, "NO Bailout". So this is proof that until the right circumstances, people can exert a lot of power over the system, and should seize the opportunity.
If the US actually used some sense when choosing who got to vote in the first place, then we would not have gotten here. All those people who are phoning up their representatives should be garrotted with their telephone cords.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2008, 06:02:28 AM »
Another fucking wankfest to sling mud at the USA. No doubt we have problems, but your house of cards is no better.
Different, but no better.

Say something new or STFU!

:wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

EDIT:

Sorry, that was way too many wankers to post.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:45:31 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2008, 07:31:08 AM »

it's hysterical to see post like yours, is it good drugs or just plain blindness to the truth or are you just a total sucker or just completely unable to understand what is happening on planet earth ?

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2008, 07:35:45 AM »

A house in the burbs is the new ENTITLEMENT.
I know they will destroy them the same as they destroyed the apartments the government/taxpayers built for them

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2008, 07:58:15 AM »
I'm not asking for communism, only common sense. FFS, it's not rocket science to balance expenses and income. :grrr:
On the balance sheet they were, until all the unexpected write downs occurred. To stop these corporations being ran in such a fashion, you would have to do away with the free market, or massively increase regulation.

All you have to do is stop being overly greedy. There's no need to do away with the free market.

The Government is paid by the people to make sure this crap doesn't happen. If that means more regulation, then that is what needs to happen. As sad as it is, the greed will never stop as long as we have a class system. And it probably still wouldn't stop. Humans are inherently selfish. Most of this selfishness involves survival, but some of it leads to the greed and wanton disrespect for the Environment and fellow members of the species.

Also, Clinton didn't have to work with the Republicans. He could have been like Bush and tried to veto everything. But he was smart enough to know that stepping across the aisle and working with the Republicans on "compromised" legislation was in everyone's best interest. History will show just how good of a president he was and how bad of one "W" is.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2008, 08:04:27 AM »

it's hysterical to see post like yours, is it good drugs or just plain blindness to the truth or are you just a total sucker or just completely unable to understand what is happening on planet earth ?
No, its just you watch way too much Fox News and swallow all its bullshit.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2008, 09:50:58 AM »

No, its just you watch way too much Fox News and swallow all its bullshit.

I don't watch it, so much for your simpleton answer.