Author Topic: $700,000,000,000.00  (Read 9348 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: $700,000,000,000.00
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »
The bailout failed to pass (Thank God)

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/29/news/economy/bailout/index.htm?postversion=2008092918

This is really going to hurt, but in the long run America is going to be much better off. It's time for the free market to truly  be free. Let capitalism reign and the economy clean self out of bad money.

No, the US should be paying the rest of the world an awful lot of compensation for crashing the stocks.

Check your own banking industry first, asswipe.

They fell into the same hole that American moustache twisters fell into. Ours are not the only funds invested in golden geese, dude! Look how many eurowanks are losing their arses here, hence your comment. How could they lose, if they had stayed on the side of common sense and personal responsibility.

Wake the fuck up!
Sorry, which country (a) legalised all this stuff (look up Phil Gramm and his act if you don't believe me) then (b) sold on all this sub prime stuff around the world. Its like saying its the consumers fault if they get food poisoning from the local restaurant.

And 1 Look at what greedy bastard countries embraced it instead of using their own common scene to avoid it
Most other nations have little choice but to use it, the Dollar is the main reserve currency around the world (thanks to irresponsible tax cuts and massive US deficit spending)

So your country has no back bone to stand up to the US?  People have been moving away from the dollar for awhile why do you think it's worth so little.  May by it's time to move on to the Euro.  It was the same as here  politics and bankers getting greedy it's not an exclusively US problem
Its a global effect that another individual country can do little about, sadly the US is the only world superpower. But put it this way, the deflicit spending that has accrued by your successive governments is so bad, either China or Saudi Arabia could destroy your economy by deliberately devaluing the dollar (i.e. giving away their reserves of dollars).

As for bankers getting greedy, at least in Europe we have a decent amount of regulation. The US government on the other hand has spent the past 8-10 years destroying as much regulation as they can. Result: The sub-prime crisis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2008, 01:44:21 AM »

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/29/news/economy/bailout/index.htm?postversion=2008092918

This is really going to hurt, but in the long run America is going to be much better off. It's time for the free market to truly  be free. Let capitalism reign and the economy clean self out of bad money.

No, the US should be paying the rest of the world an awful lot of compensation for crashing the stocks.

They fell into the same hole that American moustache twisters fell into. Ours are not the only funds invested in golden geese, dude! Look how many eurowanks are losing their arses here, hence your comment. How could they lose, if they had stayed on the side of common sense and personal responsibility.

Wake the fuck up!
Sorry, which country (a) legalised all this stuff (look up Phil Gramm and his act if you don't believe me) then (b) sold on all this sub prime stuff around the world. Its like saying its the consumers fault if they get food poisoning from the local restaurant.

And 1 Look at what greedy bastard countries embraced it instead of using their own common scene to avoid it
Most other nations have little choice but to use it, the Dollar is the main reserve currency around the world (thanks to irresponsible tax cuts and massive US deficit spending)

So your country has no back bone to stand up to the US?  People have been moving away from the dollar for awhile why do you think it's worth so little.  May by it's time to move on to the Euro.  It was the same as here  politics and bankers getting greedy it's not an exclusively US problem

Most countries have very little backbone when it comes to standing up against the US. It's a simple reality caused by the US dominance across the world.

However, I completely agree with you and Dawg in that the financial institutions here are just as greedy as their US counterparts. They should have said no.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2008, 01:51:28 AM »
Wake me up when it's time to break out the bondage gear and dune buggies.

Wake up, Peter. It's time.

Post pics!

:laugh:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2008, 03:16:22 AM »
I just hope the U.S. Dollar doesn't get too strong yet, I have more shit to buy from Play Asia.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2008, 05:31:03 AM »

Wake the fuck up!

Most countries have very little backbone when it comes to standing up against the US. It's a simple reality caused by the US dominance across the world.

However, I completely agree with you and Dawg in that the financial institutions here are just as greedy as their US counterparts. They should have said no.
Say no how exactly? It is a global market.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2008, 05:55:37 AM »

Wake the fuck up!

It doesn't take a genius to realise that there's no way to finance some of the healthier bonuses offered to certain "financial officers", to pick but one example. This is true here in Sweden, and most likely true in the UK.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2008, 08:22:56 AM »

Wake the fuck up!

It doesn't take a genius to realise that there's no way to finance some of the healthier bonuses offered to certain "financial officers", to pick but one example. This is true here in Sweden, and most likely true in the UK.
The only way to stop it happening would be for the government to effectively go communist, and destroy the free market. Doing so guarantees an economic mess.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2008, 08:34:23 AM »
I'm not asking for communism, only common sense. FFS, it's not rocket science to balance expenses and income. :grrr:

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »
I'm not asking for communism, only common sense. FFS, it's not rocket science to balance expenses and income. :grrr:
On the balance sheet they were, until all the unexpected write downs occurred. To stop these corporations being ran in such a fashion, you would have to do away with the free market, or massively increase regulation.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »

People have short memories, act upon imperfect information and emotion, and are quick to forget past crises.  Given the freedom to make mistakes, people will make those mistakes again and again, so there will always be bubbles, corporations and individuals will always overextend themselves in search of greater profits and there will always be periodic crashes when reality steps in and smacks everyone around.  At least this time around, Americans are unlikely to suffer from starvation as many did during the Great Depression, and I suspect this current financial snafu will seem inconsequential in comparison to the future oil and dollar crises.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2008, 01:43:19 PM »
On the balance sheet they were, until all the unexpected write downs occurred. To stop these corporations being ran in such a fashion, you would have to do away with the free market, or massively increase regulation.

All you have to do is stop being overly greedy. There's no need to do away with the free market.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »

People have short memories, act upon imperfect information and emotion, and are quick to forget past crises.  Given the freedom to make mistakes, people will make those mistakes again and again, so there will always be bubbles, corporations and individuals will always overextend themselves in search of greater profits and there will always be periodic crashes when reality steps in and smacks everyone around.  At least this time around, Americans are unlikely to suffer from starvation as many did during the Great Depression, and I suspect this current financial snafu will seem inconsequential in comparison to the future oil and dollar crises.

In other words, people never learn.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »

All you have to do is stop being overly greedy. There's no need to do away with the free market.
Wage caps or other anti-greed measures by definition remove the free market.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2008, 02:27:16 PM »

I'm not talking about anti-greed measures, ffs. I'm appealing to whatever little there is left of responsibility and common sense in the people using the system.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »

I'm not talking about anti-greed measures, ffs. I'm appealing to whatever little there is left of responsibility and common sense in the people using the system.
99% of people do abide by it. But the nature of the financial system is that a tiny percentage can scheme so bad that they bring down entire banks. Look at Barings bank for example.