Educational

Author Topic: Remember 9/11  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore

ozymandias

Re: Remember 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 05:26:20 PM »
Remember, yes, bludgeon me with it endlessly..........................NO!   :grrr:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:47:48 PM »
 :laugh: Read the links, Ozy. This thread has nothing to do with two tall buildings.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 05:54:03 PM »
:laugh: Read the links, Ozy. This thread has nothing to do with two tall buildings.

I know, I'm just expressing my inner fed upness with any and all references to 9/11.   :grrr:  We need a crusty old curmudgeon emoticon here!   :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »

Haven't checked the links, yet, but I wish I had printed out this page for the dick at work who made a big deal because we did not observe a moment of silence during our morning meeting, as we were "programmed" to do.

::)

I remember Ringo's escalation, from one of the biographical works on the Beatles (which is listed here, as a BIG event in musical history).

All detractors can fuck off!
The Beatles were the music of my youth and I still love it. The music had as much of an impact on me as Sesame Street did on you punks.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
Do your realise that 9/11 is either the 9th of November or 9 shillings 11 pence?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:15:46 PM »
Do your realise that 9/11 is either the 9th of November or 9 shillings 11 pence?

It's also the telephone number we dial in case of emergencies in this country. All children capable of recognising numbers can dial nine one one.

Oh, and we don't use shillings anymore. You shouldn't either.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »

I know, I'm just expressing my inner fed upness with any and all references to 9/11.   :grrr:  We need a crusty old curmudgeon emoticon here!   :P

Wish we had one!

:hair:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
September 11, 1987 4th MTV Awards: Peter Gabriel wins :thumbup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »

You should be so lucky like me to live within 60 mile of NYC there is a never ending amount of dribble on the radio,tv,and newspapers about it :yawn:

George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 06:52:32 PM »

You should be so lucky like me to live within 60 mile of NYC there is a never ending amount of dribble on the radio,tv,and newspapers about it :yawn:

No escaping from it on the cable channels either.  On the real 9/11/2001 I was hiking Mt. Katahdin in Maine for a blessed 12 hours of isolation from the real world.  See my avatar for where I was when all hell was breaking loose.  I wish I was back there RIGHT NOW! 

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 07:17:32 PM »
Remember 9/11...the day that Bush used to trash what was left of our civil liberties (after Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, George 1 and Clinton got through with them.)

Remember, remember
The 5th of November
The gunpowder treason and plot
I can see no reason why
it should ever be forgot.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 07:45:25 PM »
I was on a bus, coming back from uni, and I heard on the bus driver's radio that there was a security risk and that all buses in the city centre were to return to the depot.  Fortunately we were outside of the city centre by then, so we continued on as normal.  It's pretty pathetic that an incident in the US caused transportation disruption on the other side of the Atlantic; imagine if public transport around the world ground to a halt every time a war broke out or some people somewhere blew themselves up in the name of <insert cause here>.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 07:56:16 PM »
 :zombiefuck:

[attachment deleted by admin]

George Bernard Shaw