Author Topic: ask danlo anything  (Read 3470 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: ask danlo anything
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 09:14:58 AM »
from dunc,
so I had actually done my homework.

so does he pass, or is it another summer spent in school for this one?
Misunderstood.

Offline Danlo

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 12:25:34 PM »
If you had read my post, I have already stated that it was evident that you considered me a "smug little cunt". If you had asked whether or not I realized how I came across to you, you would have had an answer to your question one reply sooner. That you ask the same question after it has already been answered, you all show yourselves to be ignorant to the uttermost. Do you enjoy exhibiting your extreme stupidity and ignorance? As to your questions on the subject on whether I "get off on it", I am informing you that I am ignoring it, so do not expect a reply. I find people who cannot exhibit a trace of rationality and maturity not worth talking to. I shall leave you to your own fantasies, and you can say what you like.
I like you also, McJagger, so I shall answer, and not for the reasons you imply. I enjoy a little bit of attention, to an extent, but the extreme search for it that I pretend to have is just that: a pretense. I am currently building caravans for a living. It's a shitty job, you gotta wear these shitty chemical suits, and in summer it's going to be hell. I intend to join the mining industry in a short time, probably after the summer here ends and I have gotten my HR license and MARCSTA. I have given up on an admin role, as I do not possess the executive functioning required. In any event, the mining industry pays a fair amount more money than admin work anyway. It's not entirely an unpleasing prospect.
I would also ask you the same question, McJ: What do you do for a living?

Eamonn

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 12:29:31 PM »

quoted for truth. so, do you enjoy it?

If taking the piss out of and out-debating ignoramuses that think their limited and self-slanted viewpoint is that of a deity is what passes for smugness then yes, i do enjoy it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 12:34:55 PM »
i am a longshoreman
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 12:36:44 PM »
Heres hoping.....

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 12:37:37 PM »
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 01:59:16 PM »
If you had read my post, I have already stated that it was evident that you considered me a "smug little cunt". If you had asked whether or not I realized how I came across to you, you would have had an answer to your question one reply sooner. That you ask the same question after it has already been answered, you all show yourselves to be ignorant to the uttermost. Do you enjoy exhibiting your extreme stupidity and ignorance? As to your questions on the subject on whether I "get off on it", I am informing you that I am ignoring it, so do not expect a reply. I find people who cannot exhibit a trace of rationality and maturity not worth talking to. I shall leave you to your own fantasies, and you can say what you like.

more semantics. and I generally only enter into rational debate with people who show signs of understanding one.

considering that you re-entered this forum with smug, ill-informed generalisations regarding intensity and its membership and a condescending, superior attitude, my own derisive commentary was justified. I can assume only three things - either you do get off on it, don't get off on it but don't realise that you do appear this way, or don't know any less obnoxious a way to express yourself on message boards. No need to furnish a reply on my account though.  ;D

I possess neither extreme stupidity or ignorance for your info - I suspect I've experienced a fair bit more of life than you have, and tend to be open minded regarding what I haven't. And as someone who tested as being of superior intelligence, is usually good at whatever I turn my focus to, and gained an honours graduate from a decent university,  I'm not exactly stupid. I do however enjoy bluntly insulting people who deserve it. Twat.  >:D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 02:01:27 PM by duncvis »

Offline Danlo

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 02:30:20 PM »
It's not semantics at all, duncvis. Semantics is what you are doing. The facts speak for themselves. I stated that I knew how I came across to you, and then you basically rehashed what I said. I reentered this forum, with the attitude that I knew would irritate you. It has, obviously, been a complete success. If you were as intelligent as you say you are, you would realize that there are nearly an infinite number of things you could assume given the exact same information. Hence you should assume nothing. You know what they say about assumption being the mother of all fuckups. Well you're a complete fuckup, and I guess we know why.
It is amusing, however, that you need to resort to a "testing of superior intelligence" to substantiate your claim to lack of extreme stupidity or ignorance. Your intelligence bespeaks itself in how you write, and when all you can do is whine about "semantics" to claim that your point remains valid in the face of overwhelming logic to the contrary, it doesn't say a lot about your intelligence, and a lot more about your lack of maturity. It does not take any great degree of intelligence to graduate from university, merely a great memory.
I would have to agree to your having experienced a bit more of life than I have, but I did not bring into question the measure of our experiences. Your stupidity nor ignorance are in any great way linked to how much you have experienced, but what you have learnt from those experiences. It is moreso the ability to see what is right in front of you, and see not only what it is, but what it might be as perceived by people from other points of view. You have proven that you cannot read what is right in front of you, that you are severely incapable of differentiating between your own warped understanding of a piece of writing, and what has actually been written. You call it semantics, but only because you have trouble understanding it.

peegai

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »
Do you think video gaming today has gotten crap or has it gotten better?

Can you also speak and write in different languages?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 02:42:30 PM by peegai »

duncvis

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »
lah de fucking dah. fuck your superior logic, knob-end. all you are doing here is cementing my impression of you as a smug, self-righteous little prick.

I'm well aware that my attitude appears immature. This is where I come to be gleefully immature and belligerent, since the rest of the time I'm obliged to behave like a mature adult for the most part. You know jack shit about me - and I was using 'facts' to refute your impression of me as stupid and ignorant, since I am neither. Well ignorant is what you get when its what you set out to provoke, so well done, you pushed my buttons - its not hard, I have a tendency to make cheap cracks when I think someone is being a twat. And my usual response to being told to grow up is to make more cheap cracks. Am I 'owned' yet?

Offline Danlo

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 12:40:57 AM »
lah de fucking dah. fuck your superior logic, knob-end. all you are doing here is cementing my impression of you as a smug, self-righteous little prick.

I'm well aware that my attitude appears immature. This is where I come to be gleefully immature and belligerent, since the rest of the time I'm obliged to behave like a mature adult for the most part. You know jack shit about me - and I was using 'facts' to refute your impression of me as stupid and ignorant, since I am neither. Well ignorant is what you get when its what you set out to provoke, so well done, you pushed my buttons - its not hard, I have a tendency to make cheap cracks when I think someone is being a twat. And my usual response to being told to grow up is to make more cheap cracks. Am I 'owned' yet?
The intent is not to "own" you, dunc. Neither did I tell you to grow up. I just put the ideas out there, and let you make up your own mind. To resort to semantics, I merely said that your writing bespeaks your lack of maturity. Your mind made the conclusion that your maturity was lacking, as the possibilities include that you have no lack of maturity. Smugness is merely self-confidence in one's abilities, so I have no problem with your calling me that, and my self-righteousness is due to a habit of usually being correct. That's the source of your problem with how I present, and that's because you exhibit the same traits yet lack the habit of usually being correct.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 12:54:34 AM »
danlo,
how old are you?
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 03:45:22 AM »

The intent is not to "own" you, dunc.

I know, just pedantry. That was one of those cheap cracks I mentioned - I thought you might pull me up on that one, considering it was one of your criticisms of our happy band of misfits.  ;)

Neither did I tell you to grow up. I just put the ideas out there, and let you make up your own mind.

Yes. This is what ascan does also instead of calling a spade a fucking shovel - its a popular way of making veiled digs among the TOS-dodging community on forums with rules - Imply, leaving the target to go on the offensive so that they can walk away whistling.

I merely said that your writing bespeaks your lack of maturity. Your mind made the conclusion that your maturity was lacking, as the possibilities include that you have no lack of maturity.

This is exactly the kind of bollocks I'm talking about. A reasonable reader can see this for what it is - an after-the-fact denial of the veiled implication.

Smugness is merely self-confidence in one's abilities, so I have no problem with your calling me that, and my self-righteousness is due to a habit of usually being correct.

If you don't mind being smug and self-righteous, good for you. At least you're a sincere prick.  :P

That's the source of your problem with how I present, and that's because you exhibit the same traits yet lack the habit of usually being correct.

Are you an armchair psychologist now as well? Paging Dr. Eamonn, you have competition here...

Ooookay, thats the introductory flaming over with. I'm actually a pretty reasonable [if foul-mouthed] bloke if you don't come here pretending to be better than us.  ;)

So, Danlo. What, if owt, have you seen here that you like? How could we improve Intensity? And are you an AC/DC fan?

Offline Danlo

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 04:55:34 AM »
Are you an armchair psychologist now as well? Paging Dr. Eamonn, you have competition here...
You mean you didn't know that's how you present?

Ooookay, thats the introductory flaming over with. I'm actually a pretty reasonable [if foul-mouthed] bloke if you don't come here pretending to be better than us.  ;)

So, Danlo. What, if owt, have you seen here that you like? How could we improve Intensity? And are you an AC/DC fan?
Who's pretending, dunc? :D In answer to your questions, there's nothing really here that I like, I don't have any feelings one way or another.  I don't have any ideas on how you can improve Intensity, it's just not my type of community. And I haven't the faintest idea what songs are by AC/DC so the answer would have to be no.

duncvis

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 05:10:11 AM »
You mean you didn't know that's how you present?

Touche.  :P

Who's pretending, dunc? :D In answer to your questions, there's nothing really here that I like, I don't have any feelings one way or another.  I don't have any ideas on how you can improve Intensity, it's just not my type of community.

Meh. Pearls of Wisdom are Kevv's department I guess.  :laugh:

And I haven't the faintest idea what songs are by AC/DC so the answer would have to be no.

So are you a music fan in general, or can't you be arsed?