Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123044 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #1935 on: January 06, 2008, 02:55:39 PM »
Am I just slow today,
or are your posts beginning
to resemble flo's?  ::)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1936 on: January 06, 2008, 04:51:24 PM »
Am I just slow today,

Just that one post, or do you mean in general?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1937 on: January 06, 2008, 05:40:35 PM »
That one, particularly.
But another, earlier, had
me a bit dazed, too.

You USUALLY make sense.  :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1938 on: January 06, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »
Am I just slow today,

You are just slow today.

It made perfect sense to me.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1939 on: January 06, 2008, 06:45:10 PM »
EDIT:  Maybe you had to be there/you would have to know him to have this be funny, but it was funny to me because he's been in the doghouse lately with his wife/my friend, so he's been in a lot of discussions where there was nothing he could say that she wouldn't be able to get mad at him for saying; so he might have actually been genuinely glad to hear me (as a female) outright admit I was tempted to ask my boyfriend a question that woudl result in a fight no matter what he said in reply.
Yes, he would have felt better to see someone else in the doghouse for starting an argument!  :lol:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1940 on: January 06, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »
Am I just slow today,

You are just slow today.

So...who is actually a whore?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1941 on: January 06, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »
EDIT:  Maybe you had to be there/you would have to know him to have this be funny, but it was funny to me because he's been in the doghouse lately with his wife/my friend, so he's been in a lot of discussions where there was nothing he could say that she wouldn't be able to get mad at him for saying; so he might have actually been genuinely glad to hear me (as a female) outright admit I was tempted to ask my boyfriend a question that woudl result in a fight no matter what he said in reply.
Yes, he would have felt better to see someone else in the doghouse for starting an argument!  :lol:

Well, I'd not have put my guy in the doghouse.  More like I thought the argument might be fun.  Plus, I missed him a little and wanted an excuse to call.  I ended up not calling though.   :laugh:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1942 on: January 06, 2008, 07:55:44 PM »
This was absolutely priceless, and I was just reminded that I'd not shared it here yet:

A week or so ago, I hung out at one of my friends' houses and watched Moulin Rouge.  I was, of course, a total asshole about how stupid the movie plot was, and afterward, I start getting into a rambling discussion about it.  Somehow this lead to my suggesting that I should call my boyfriend (who was not present) and ask him if, if I were a hooker before he started dating me, would he want me to stop hooking.  I pointed out that it would be kind of funny because I could pretend to be offended by him saying he wouldn't mind (as in, "You don't care about me!") but I could also pretend to be offended by him syaing he WOULD mind (as in, "I'll choose my own damn career, and you knew what you were getting into!"). 

(Next comes the part that was actually funny)

So when I say that, my friend's husband (who has been in the doghouse lately with his wife and has been suffering for it) suddenly looks at me with this expression of triumph and shock and says, "You ADMIT it!"  and I was like, "Huh?"

"Sometimes there really is no way to say the right thing!"  he explained.

:LMAO:

I didn't know it was suppsed to be a secret.  I thought it was self-evident.

I don't think any of that is very funny, at all.

:rofl:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

GalileoAce

« Reply #1943 on: January 06, 2008, 08:04:05 PM »
It's hard being male sometimes :(

ozymandias

« Reply #1944 on: January 06, 2008, 08:09:35 PM »

Tell me about it!   ::)

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1945 on: January 07, 2008, 02:12:52 AM »
Am I just slow today,

You are just slow today.

Nobody is.  Either you missed the "if" or you are just pretending to be dense again.

... Somehow this lead to my suggesting that I should call my boyfriend (who was not present) and ask him if, if I were a hooker before he started dating me, would he want me to stop hooking.  I pointed out that it would be kind of funny because I could pretend to be offended by him saying he wouldn't mind (as in, "You don't care about me!") but I could also pretend to be offended by him syaing he WOULD mind (as in, "I'll choose my own damn career, and you knew what you were getting into!")....

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1946 on: January 07, 2008, 02:39:15 AM »

There are men who do this thing of taking exception no matter how you answer their questions as well. 

I think that it depends on whether the person wants to pick a fight with you rather than his or her gender.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #1947 on: January 07, 2008, 05:33:47 AM »
My ex and I used to have huge fights about crap. I used to say to her "This is going nowhere and I can't be bothered. I am going out. You argue with yourself while I am out and when I get back tell me who won and how it was resolved."

Unfortunately those were some of the arguments that were never resolved and for some reason were actually worse when I got back.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

ozymandias

« Reply #1948 on: January 07, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »

There are men who do this thing of taking exception no matter how you answer their questions as well. 

I think that it depends on whether the person wants to pick a fight with you rather than his or her gender.

Oh I know that well enough.  My female progenitor was a master at it.   ::) 

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1949 on: January 07, 2008, 08:19:59 AM »
Am I just slow today,

You are just slow today.

Nobody is.  Either you missed the "if" or you are just pretending to be dense again.

... Somehow this lead to my suggesting that I should call my boyfriend (who was not present) and ask him if, if I were a hooker before he started dating me, would he want me to stop hooking.  I pointed out that it would be kind of funny because I could pretend to be offended by him saying he wouldn't mind (as in, "You don't care about me!") but I could also pretend to be offended by him syaing he WOULD mind (as in, "I'll choose my own damn career, and you knew what you were getting into!")....

No. I got THAT. It was later on. About the actually admitting it.
I'm not sure whom he was accusing, nor what that was even about.

I got the set up, perfectly well.