Author Topic: What sounds are you hearing now?  (Read 42631 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What sounds are you hearing now?
« Reply #2550 on: October 11, 2017, 06:44:18 AM »
Marilyn Manson-Deep, Six
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2551 on: October 11, 2017, 09:49:17 PM »
A plane, the freezer, and some traffic.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2552 on: October 16, 2017, 03:40:04 AM »
The wind and the bloody backyard gate rattling due to the wind. I have put a brick against it to hopefully stop the rattling  but it didn't work.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2553 on: October 16, 2017, 04:04:05 AM »
Enter Shilari 'havoc' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ZVygijgp8&index=10&list=PLC73B4084B00B8CC2

As for weather, apparently we are in for it one way or the other. Not entirely sure whether we are going to get soaked or we are going to fry, theres a hurricane headed this way, AFAIK itll hit northern ireland although not itself hit british mainland, but as a result sounds like its going to draw very hot air from some of the hotter parts of the continent.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2554 on: October 16, 2017, 09:27:39 AM »
Not now, but I had a dream this morning where a bunch of guys were mowing and edging my neighbor's lawn before 6 a.m.  Quite noisy at an unreasonable hour. Yelled at them and threatened to call the authorities.  Then I guess I went on to another dream.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2555 on: October 16, 2017, 10:04:27 AM »
My stomach is upset so it's making noises. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2556 on: October 16, 2017, 01:36:15 PM »
My stomach is upset so it's making noises. :zoinks:

When your stomach speaks, people listen.   (Based on a tv commercial for an investment firm, E. F. Hutton)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2557 on: October 16, 2017, 05:55:58 PM »
Not now, but I had a dream this morning where a bunch of guys were mowing and edging my neighbor's lawn before 6 a.m.  Quite noisy at an unreasonable hour. Yelled at them and threatened to call the authorities.  Then I guess I went on to another dream.

Maybe you were snoring.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2558 on: October 18, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »

Maybe you were snoring.  :lol1:

My snores aren't high pitched and whiney.  They're quite elegant.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2559 on: October 19, 2017, 08:03:33 AM »
Dreams can be really fucking weird things QV. I've had some real mind-twisters before. Sometimes happens that I seem to be in the dreaming phase of sleep most of the day while I sleep, and after eventually waking up, feel like I've been on a rollercoaster rather than sleeping, with these occasional bursts of really intense dreaming over a day or so, constantly during sleep, and unusually vividly. Not asleep, and those times, it so intense it feels almost like being awake, just not anywhere quite in this world; and its almost exhausting, coming round again after so much expenditure of..well I am not quite sure, but expenditure of something alright, energy certainly, keeping my head above the psychic water in the storm, which is just what it feels like, being buffetted and tossed about like a kite in a storm.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2560 on: October 19, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
Have a game playing on the laptop (X-com UFO defense), and hearing the whining shriek of heavy laser sniper rifles discharging, the resounding echo of bolts being fired through windows and volleys sent screaming down alleyways and being met by the screams of alien creatures melted, blown up by grenades and ripped to shreds by pounding high explosive, armor piercing and incendiary fire from autocannons, the odd rocket launcher being loosed into a building, bringing it down to the ground, along with the quiet, but much more sinister humming sound given off by the engines of a hovertank, hunting around the wreckage, scouting to spot targets for snipers and occasionally the shockwave of its mounted heavy plasma cannon turret loosing off a round and the usual response, in the form of something screaming as the bolt from the tank cooks the fucker.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2561 on: October 20, 2017, 04:23:31 AM »
The horrible sound of zombies from one of Kayleigh's video games.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2562 on: October 20, 2017, 09:56:46 AM »
House of Cards soundtrack.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2563 on: October 20, 2017, 02:08:30 PM »
That proved a damn close call. Had ordered a troop transport bearing ten heavily armored, experienced troops, plus a hovertank mounting a heavy plasma cannon to recover a hostile alien craft after having a fleet of interceptor aircraft outfitted with the latest in heavy weaponry plus a few with mounted very long-ranged and immensely destructive missile weapons for dealing with the very largest, heavily armed and most dangerous threats, whilst able per mounting point able to carry only two warheads, they put nuclear-tipped devices to absolute shame in the massive damage dealt to such craft, to the point where four fighter aircraft are often able to prove enough to down their largest craft, at least if they are not wiped out by a single shot from the huge weapons batteries carried by the enemy craft, which typically results in the interceptor fighter aircraft being destroyed instantly, or if they are lucky just critically damaged.

And it turned out that not only was the craft downed crewed by some of the most exceedingly dangerous enemy of any, physically weak but with immense psychic abilities; able to send troops into a helpless panic, or even to temporarily force them to turn on their own side, if the soldiers targeted are not well-disciplined enough to cast off their influence. Some of the greener troops I was having to order to unload their weapons and proceed with stun batons only of use at point blank range, and making sure that any of the enemy force were taken down fast the moment their position became known.

Got another vessel to neutralize with a ground assault and recover, plus have discovered what seems to be one of their bases. If its crewed by those damn psychic creatures though, and I hope not, that would make one damn tough fight, especially to manage without any of my own troops being killed. Got to get a team inside nevertheless, to fight their way to the heart of the facility and cripple it from the inside, allowing the resources used to build it to be taken, technology, weapons and ammunition as well as alien corpses and potentially take captives for interrogation with stunning weapons since nabbing the commanders of the base ought to give quite a lot of information on operations, before the captive is sent for autopsy.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:15:54 PM by Lestat »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2564 on: October 20, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »
A motorbike going past, a crow and Liam noisily eating his dry food.
Tek'ma'tae