Author Topic: 5 ways to steal gas  (Read 438 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
5 ways to steal gas
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: 5 ways to steal gas
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 10:38:27 AM »
In my area they they area they are putting spikes on jacks and slipping them under SUV's and pick up trucks then collecting the as as it flows out.  My truck takes 35 gallon of well over $100
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:56:38 AM by parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:52:24 AM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »
This is terrible.

Most cars now are more difficult to siphon because the gas caps lock, though.

I guess that may be why people are resorting to even more drastic methods to steal gas.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 12:27:16 PM »
Aparently they also have this any leak thingie so the petrol doesnt spill out when a car rolls in an accident. This also stops the syphon hose from getting in.

Offline ANTON_UBER_ALLES

• King of Drama
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »
The easiest way to be a Gas Rustler is goto an auto graveyard and take off the license plates, then put them on YOUR car, drive up to a gas station where you can fill 'er up before paying inside with cash, fill your tank, and then Speed off and away! :laugh: Its BEST to do it at a rural gas station along a highway. Drilling a hole in a gastank is VERY obvious and if its made of Metal cos drilling metal creates sparks and friction which can ignite the gasoline and result in you getting burned to death :evillaugh:. If your car can run on diesel than trucker stops are also easing pickin's if you have a fuel pump 8). Just pry off the gascap late at night and siphon the fuel! :zoinks:
To tmia pulumchva nac vatieche evistho, aomai nac murinash aule. Thuvas sheronaith themiasa avilchval aomai marashm. Sanshl selace, etanal unialastres thamuce avish fleresh holaiesh sanshl tiur il  :cthulhu:

ozymandias

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »
People in the area have reported gas being siphoned off from their tanks as they leave their cars in the driveway overnight.   We have a garage to put our cars in.    But, I have also read about people puncturing gas tanks to steal gas.  I agree, it would be very dangerous to do so, but, some people seem more than willing to take the risk.  Plus it seems that people who go that route succeed more often than not. 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 05:36:11 PM »
The easiest way to be a Gas Rustler is goto an auto graveyard and take off the license plates, then put them on YOUR car, drive up to a gas station where you can fill 'er up before paying inside with cash, fill your tank, and then Speed off and away! :laugh: Its BEST to do it at a rural gas station along a highway. Drilling a hole in a gastank is VERY obvious and if its made of Metal cos drilling metal creates sparks and friction which can ignite the gasoline and result in you getting burned to death :evillaugh:. If your car can run on diesel than trucker stops are also easing pickin's if you have a fuel pump 8). Just pry off the gascap late at night and siphon the fuel! :zoinks:

Most newer gas tanks are plastic.  Put a sharp spike on a hydronic jack and t will pierce it very easily
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 07:57:57 PM »
Sadly, I don't have a garage, just a parking lot. I always park my car in my parking spot. Luckily no one has tried stealing my gas. I have a lock on it anyway. You have to open the cover from inside my car. My dad said it's tough to steal gas where my car is at.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »
Also petrol vapour is more dangerous, plus you could use an old hand operated manual drill.