Author Topic: Why is it offensive  (Read 4786 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Why is it offensive
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 03:29:24 PM »
multiple pictures would mean several bums
Misunderstood.

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 06:11:31 PM »
add yours here.

...to talk about BDSM in a forum labeld sex and taboo?
Generally speaking...  I think the aversion comes because the fetish goes against basic human instinct.  A little bit of dominance/submission is a natural part of the mating game and society accepts that.  But in the extreme cases where the person actually seems to enjoy being hurt, it goes against human instinct, so for some people the natural reaction is to shun them as being either mentally ill, stupid, fucked up nervous system, defective, etc.  Not that those labels are necessarily true but in most societies the burden of proof would typically be moved onto the person engaging in those extreme behaviors to show that he/she is of sound mind, etc

just one man's theory
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline lazarus

• Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 07:04:17 PM »
add yours here.

Generally speaking...  I think the aversion comes because the fetish goes against basic human instinct.  A little bit of dominance/submission is a natural part of the mating game and society accepts that.  But in the extreme cases where the person actually seems to enjoy being hurt, it goes against human instinct, so for some people the natural reaction is to shun them as being either mentally ill, stupid, fucked up nervous system, defective, etc.  Not that those labels are necessarily true but in most societies the burden of proof would typically be moved onto the person engaging in those extreme behaviors to show that he/she is of sound mind, etc

just one man's theory
thank you alec (trebec), the question is, how are autism and bdsm alike?

bingo.
parallels. twirling hair with finger = stimming = ok. extreme stimming = not ok = something defective, wrong with you, fucked up nervous system.
burden of proof to show autism as indivisual difference vs developmental defect is on the autistic person.

bingo
karma for you, friend.
a wolf in jack's clothing (but not for long)

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »
add yours here.

just one man's theory

bingo.
parallels. twirling hair with finger = stimming = ok. extreme stimming = not ok = something defective, wrong with you, fucked up nervous system.
burden of proof to show autism as indivisual difference vs developmental defect is on the autistic person.

bingo
karma for you, friend.

Interesting, most people would get mad cos I didn't blindly fall in line behind them and start badmouthing me.  Nice to meet someone with a brain
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 04:12:34 PM »
add yours here.

just one man's theory

bingo.

bingo
karma for you, friend.

Interesting, most people would get mad cos I didn't blindly fall in line behind them and start badmouthing me.  Nice to meet someone with a brain
likewise. pleased to meet you.

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 01:24:24 AM »

deep in the heart of the flea market lies the marketplace of ideas...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 01:24:28 PM »

or someone gets so pissed off that they were  opposed (both sides) and they are unwilling to accept that their foe (for lack of a better term) isn't as mature as they are (seemingly).

see my imature debating style is unacceptable to lucifer (i call people names to draw them out).
hers is to me (she uses fancy language, and i spend too much time looking up words).

both techniques are actually acceptable, there is no true formula in the marketplace of ideas, except the fact that people are left alone to be themselves. and they will be challenged by those who disagree or think they are phony.

don't wolves have fleas?
which flea market do you regular?
Misunderstood.

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 03:21:27 PM »

or someone gets so pissed off that they were  opposed (both sides) and they are unwilling to accept that their foe (for lack of a better term) isn't as mature as they are (seemingly).

see my imature debating style is unacceptable to lucifer (i call people names to draw them out).
hers is to me (she uses fancy language, and i spend too much time looking up words).

both techniques are actually acceptable, there is no true formula in the marketplace of ideas, except the fact that people are left alone to be themselves. and they will be challenged by those who disagree or think they are phony.

don't wolves have fleas?
which flea market do you regular?
dogs have fleas. wolves have teeth.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 03:22:48 PM »
Actually wolves have fleas, too. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 03:23:19 PM »
yours might.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 03:28:15 PM »
Hey, it's just a fact. No need to get all defensive about it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 03:30:10 PM »
Hey, it's just a fact. No need to get all defensive about it.
i just don't want the fleas to get offended.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »
They'd choose the dogs rather than this particular wolf?

- Albert Einstein

Offline lazarus

• Incessant Poster
  • nouveau autist
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »
They'd choose the dogs rather than this particular wolf?
since they are all hanging on the dog, i'd say the wolf was too offensive.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 03:35:58 PM »
If not even the fleas like him, who does?

- Albert Einstein