Author Topic: "you gonna get raped"  (Read 1475 times)

thepeaguy

Re: "you gonna get raped"
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 11:30:11 AM »
Too good for Intensity?

(Goes "Pffffft!" at the door immediately after it slams.)

The Werbert thread did it.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »
Um, I wouldn't recommend generalizing to all victims of domestic abuse.

Then what's the point in trying to be sympathetic and understanding towards those who've been in worse situations then me? And why brag about your crap childhood if you're going to keep your work private when you're called out in an argument anyway? It didn't stop her from making unqualified assumptions about us.

Your attitude is fucking cold.

Okay, what?

You said that HG's self-centeredness made you change your attitude towards domestic violence victims. My only point was that just because HG acted like that, doesn't mean all domestic violence victims are the same.

How is my attitude fucking cold?  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 02:39:30 PM »
:popcorn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

thepeaguy

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 12:22:38 PM »

Okay, what?

You said that HG's self-centeredness made you change your attitude towards domestic violence victims. My only point was that just because HG acted like that, doesn't mean all domestic violence victims are the same.

How is my attitude fucking cold?  :laugh:

I thought that the meaning of your last message was that I shouldn't have generalised victims of domestic abuse in the first place, as in I shouldn't take into account of what they've been through and how it affects them psychologically, even though they may act like a twat on a message board or whatever. In other words, showing compassion towards cases like that is naive thinking on my part.

C'mon, you two implied that in late 2006. :P

Although she may be an arrogant fuckwit, fair play to her for doing what she can to help victims of rape or abuse.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 12:47:03 PM by Fisherman Jim »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »
I thought that the meaning of your last message was that I shouldn't have generalised victims of domestic abuse in the first place, as in I shouldn't take into account of what they've been through and how it affects them psychologically, even though they may act like a twat on a message board or whatever.

Ah, but I do think compassion should be shown to victims of domestic (or any other kind of) abuse, even if they're acting like twats on a message board. Right up to and until the point where they get in your way. Letting a rabid tiger maul you is stupid. But so is exterminating all tigers, because they're beautiful creatures.

Naivete is dressing up like a gazelle.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.