Educational

Author Topic: Freedom of thought. Why do people never ask WHY?  (Read 1628 times)

MindOfChaos

Freedom of thought. Why do people never ask WHY?
« on: July 15, 2006, 06:09:02 AM »
I hear so often people saying "I dislike NTs because.... Or aspies are better because...."

I think the real determination between people should not be between one condition and another. It should be between those who think for them selfs and ask "Why?" and those who accept any thing that they are told.

Those who ask why is the system like this? Why do people do this? How does that work? Whats really going on in the world? Should I accept this view just because every one else does?

And those who go. 6 billion people cant be wrong. Lets buy that thats cool. Lets get drunk this weekend. I need to earn some money. That guys cars not very flash...

I think that the thing that seprates humans from lumps of rock floating in space is the fact we have a human mind! Why is there so many people that dont use it? That dont ask why? The education system is one example. They "teach" people to blindly memorize information and not really think for them selfs or create interest. And any one who questions this system not that many people seem to really question it are labeled as hypocrites or as trouble makers. When the people giving the labels are the real hypocrites.

People are too content with there day to day lives and fail to question or find out things that are really important.

The only way that this factors into the Aspie VS NT thing is because some aspies are not afraid to ask why? And the way alot of aspies minds work drives them to figure stuff out. It is mearly a side effect. It is not because aspies are actually any better than NTs. Its not really about that. There is also ALOT of aspies who are just like NTs in the way they accept things as they are and never ask why?.

I hope this makes sense.

My point was more that people follow what they are told with out questioning it. No matter how dangerous it really is and how it will effect them and others in the long runthey dont seem to care.

all they focus on is there daily lives and do not care about any thing remotely deep or actually important.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Freedom of thought. Why do people never ask WHY?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 08:28:06 AM »
X-posed from the neurolands, seeing as this was x-posted, too:

Two things.

1. How is "I need to earn some money." a comformist statement??? I want to expound on this but can't even imagine how. I need to know what you meant by that first.

2. You started off saying AS and NT aren't really seperations. Then go on to say that this is an example of a true seperation between As and NT. Which is it??? "Some people with AS" buck the system, but some NTs buck the system. Some ANYTHING buck the system and some don't! It is NOT a way that AS and NT are seperated!
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Eamonn

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 09:07:40 AM »
Quit being so EMO!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 09:32:42 AM »
there is a distinct difference.

most people spend their lives being brainwashed.  the 6 billion people are wrong, wrong, wrong.  its just that they have been conditioned to think a certain way.  they are sheep.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 09:53:18 AM »
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars,
compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good
health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed
interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your
friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a
three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics.
Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning.
Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing
game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose
rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable
home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up
brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

duncvis

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 02:18:55 PM »
Its a poem, used in Irvine Welsh's novel.

Care to define decadent for us all, o ascetic one?

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 02:33:43 PM »

I think that the thing that seprates humans from lumps of rock floating in space is the fact we have a human mind! Why is there so many people that dont use it? That dont ask why? The education system is one example. They "teach" people to blindly memorize information and not really think for them selfs or create interest.

I don't know what it's like where you are, but in England there is too much emphasis on getting kids to "think for themselves" and not enough emphasis on learning facts. What good is thinking when you don't have the knowledge to make anything of it?
The progressive idiots who have meddled with Britain's education system think there's something snobbish about teaching kids about spelling and grammar, or about teaching them subjects like Classics. The result: thousands of kids who leave school barely able to read and write, and who think there's nothing more to life than soap operas and rap music.

As Confucius once said, "To learn without thinking is fruitless;
To think without learning is dangerous. "
"Someday a real rain will come ..."

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 02:39:56 PM »
20 years of schooling then.

teach them to be well rounded
Misunderstood.

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 02:40:29 PM »
Its a poem, used in Irvine Welsh's novel.

Care to define decadent for us all, o ascetic one?

Too late. I deleted the post you are referring to.  ;D

I ain't the most cultured person in the world or nuffin. I just think that much of popular culture is trash.

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 02:45:40 PM »
20 years of schooling then.

teach them to be well rounded

Well, things are going that way. Our government wants to get more and more young people into University, as if University was just an extension of high school.
Most of them will just end up being fed Marxist propaganda.

duncvis

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 02:49:33 PM »
oh no, I am now teh pwned.  ;) serve me right for not quoting you.

much of popular culture is trash. there is plenty worth picking up in among the shite like Pop Idol and Coronation Street if you look for it though.

Regarding youre last comment, I sincerely doubt it, since more and more courses are vocationally inclined these days, and sadly few students seem inclined to think for themselves beyond doing whatever is necessary to secure them employment when they get off the treadmill.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 02:51:30 PM »
yeah, the treadmill.

seriously, it has very little to do with government.  it all has to do with big business and old money.
Misunderstood.