Educational

Author Topic: These fucking ants  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
These fucking ants
« on: May 31, 2008, 11:53:33 PM »
This is the second time my room is infested with ants. This time there not just any ants but there fire ants! They sting and burn and i hate them. i have laways loved bugs and have been fascinated by them but if ants are biting me in my sleep and biting my rats, wood beetles chewing inside my walls at night and THOSE FUCKING FRUIT FLIES. They just have to HAVE TO be in your face.  I find dead wolf spiders in the bathtub and it's a shame becuase the eat all the annoying bugs and wold spiders are beutiful creatures. Bugs that live in colonies are invasive and do any thing they can to invade your space.
Park.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: These fucking ants
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 12:49:17 AM »
Yes ants are annoying. I put my jumper on a wooden post while doing some gardening. I put it on again when I felt cold and then I did the ant dance. Ants all over my neck.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 12:52:52 AM »
/shudders.

i bloody hate ants.   :grrr:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 03:24:20 AM »

I was moving a huge pile of timbers I use for landscaping details yesterday. I had left them untouched all summer last year and they had become bound together by ivy overgrowth, but I needed to use the space. I looked down once and realized that I was covered in hundreds of fire ants from my feet to my chest and arms.

I brushed them off and just as what usually happens with me and most insects, I was not bitten or stung once (ants can do both, although they have no poison in their bite).
Not sure why they don't attack me to defend their nest.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 03:40:04 AM »
 :o  Ants, I hate ants
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 06:26:06 AM »
Lucky we are going into winter here so there are less, but this summer was MAD for ants, the fuckers were everywhere no matter how clean the place was. It's meant to be the weather that we are having, more ants around and all, same with roaches. We never have roaches, but this summer, we had about half a dozen. sickening.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 06:49:19 AM »
I have just two words for ants, Boric Acid....
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:11:08 AM »
good gracious - everyone's agreeing on something.

:jawdrop:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »
Hate ants, stepped in two nests already gardening.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »
the consensus grows...

:eyebrows:

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 02:09:16 PM »
Ever have ants invade your kitchen cabinet and get into all the food?  That happened to my parents a couple of times.  The only way I can imagine it happened is that they came up through the floor from the crawlspace.  (Would that have happened if there was a finished basement down below instead?)

Another honorable mention is once when I was at a bonfire with some of my Trekkie friends.  I helped gather firewood and, when turning over one log, suddenly there were hundreds of big, red ants scattering in all directions (the size of carpenter ants, though I had always thought carpenter ants were black).

And then, the time a wolf spider made an appearance in the break room at work.  I've never seen so many adults act like such wusses in all my life.  They were all trying to kill it but (good for it) it went inside the tubular steel frame of one of the tables.  Lunchtime was over and everyone had to go back to their desks, so the spider was spared.  (I mean, come on!  About half those people were engineers.)

One more thing worth mentioning... the time a huge beetle got on a friend of my brother's.  It was big like one of those black beetles, but its shell was pale green with spots like a ladybug.  (Never seen anything like it before or since.)  My brother's friend was no wuss, third-degree blackbelt and been in many fights, but this thing scared the shit out of him, to the point where I was like "All right!  Hold still for a minute." while getting this creature off his sock.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 02:16:32 PM »
I have just two words for ants, Boric Acid....

Don't we get enough of that for you in the rainwater, already?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 02:32:17 PM »
Ever have ants invade .....

It happens to us, sometimes. Pretty bad last year, but they aren't after our food.
I am convinced that they have a nest where they overwinter under my garage, which is on a concrete slab nexxt to the house.
House sits on pylons with a crawlspace. When they first hit the surface, after being underground for three or four months, they are looking for water. I try to deny them that and it works.

I have found that I can reap the benefits of their hard work all summer long, if I can just keep them out of the house in the spring. The way I do this is to keep all water dried up in the house, when they first appear. They look elsewhere and leave the house to find the water I leave outside for them. Hey, it works.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »
Interesting....
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 03:22:07 PM »

I guess someone will call me a fucking ant whisperer now, too.

:D