Author Topic: For Fuck's Sake......  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
For Fuck's Sake......
« on: July 13, 2006, 07:19:52 AM »
unfortunately, this was the best link i could find for a news item that i heard about on the telly today:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-07-13T094822Z_01_L13359262_RTRUKOC_0_UK-BRITAIN-PANTS.xml

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

understandably, the people responsible for this patronising trash have come under criticism from the authorities that regulate how tax-payers' money is spent.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: For Fuck's Sake......
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:49:36 AM »
and apparently they are being censored.

i assumed that they were questioning the powers that be.  and it seems like the powers that be are now censoring the internet, for proper spin.
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »
and apparently they are being censored.

i assumed that they were questioning the powers that be.  and it seems like the powers that be are now censoring the internet, for proper spin.

I dont think so, the stories everywhere with no attempt to censor it. Why would they censor their own campaign? Anyway, i think it's a good idea to remind young women of the dangers of getting drunk while out. I have seen worse things to spend taxpayers money on.

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 09:16:52 AM »
Anyway, i think it's a good idea to remind young women of the dangers of getting drunk while out.

how does telling women to wax their intimate areas prevent them from being attacked?!!  ???

Eamonn

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 09:20:55 AM »
Anyway, i think it's a good idea to remind young women of the dangers of getting drunk while out.

how does telling women to wax their intimate areas prevent them from being attacked?!!  ???

It's a smartass way of telling them that if they arent responsible with their drink and/or choice of clothes, that they might fall over and reveal their touche and possibly be taken advantage of. Im not a fan of that style of advertising but apparently smartass and (excuse the pun) beating round the bush is the way our culture is going and the authorities are pathetically trying to keep up.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 09:22:43 AM »

I think the waxing comment was ill-thought out and diminishes the real point of the campaign.  I personally feel the binge drinking culture leads to both men and women putting themselves in potentially dangerous situations and its something that needs drawing attention to. 

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 09:42:32 AM »
i think it allows people an excuse to do what they would want to do when they are sober but are either too afraid to do, or won't due to guilting from society. 

being stinking drunk is a convenient excuse to fall back on, for both the girls and the guys.  i mean if it weren't for beer goggles some women would have to actually be forced to ask for sex.  and we all know that its not very lady like to do so, and not the natural progression of the mating game.

oh yeah one more thing.  apparantly, the guys better beware. it might just land them in jail.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 09:50:21 AM »
I've always used a little booze to 'medicate' my shyness when I go out (a pretty rare occasion now though), rather than as an excuse for behaviour I wouldn't do when sober because of fear of what people would think of me.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 11:14:55 AM »
For fuck sake?

You called?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!