Educational

Author Topic: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity  (Read 7826 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2008, 11:05:26 PM »
I'm a bridge builder by nature.

might help if you adopt a less confrontational style to do that, if you don't mind the advice.

Hey, some appreciate it, and it's something I'm good at.

Still can't read you well enough to figure out whether you do or not. I'd probably lay off you if you didn't play guru so much though, and if others didn't buy it. Some of the easiest targets are those who pretend to be more than they are.

that's very interesting.  i get this "guru" thing a lot, and it's not something i've ever put myself forward as, more a role which has been assigned to me, although the title is usually more along the lines of "wise woman" (with all its connotations, undoubtedly).  have been since i was a kid.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2008, 11:52:14 PM »
How do you define interesting, anyway?

I don't know about putting it forth intentionally, but you do seem to take pride in it - the whole Granny Weatherwax conversation comes to mind.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2008, 01:06:35 AM »
How do you define interesting, anyway?

I don't know about putting it forth intentionally, but you do seem to take pride in it - the whole Granny Weatherwax conversation comes to mind.

"interesting" as in it excites my curiosity or, er, interest.

yep, i do rather enjoy the whole granny weatherwax thing, but probably more so as i don't actively seek it out.  i find it amusing.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »

might help if you adopt a less confrontational style to do that, if you don't mind the advice.

Still can't read you well enough to figure out whether you do or not. I'd probably lay off you if you didn't play guru so much though, and if others didn't buy it. Some of the easiest targets are those who pretend to be more than they are.
This site is supposed to be intense.   Confrontation should be a part of that intensity.

:agreed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2008, 05:23:24 PM »

This site is supposed to be intense.   Confrontation should be a part of that intensity.

:agreed:

It's on the introductory page, IF I recall correctly. It doesn't actually happen much, because those who seem to want this type of confrontation almost invariably underestimate the resources of their potential opponents.

Those, like us who have already enjoyed our fair share (and that of a few others who needed help) of this type of confrontation, are mostly bored with it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:26:57 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2008, 02:51:42 PM »
I was thinking of confrontations with a tad more substance than our usual drama.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »
i s'pose we could try and find somewhere the US hasn't invaded, and invade them. 

:LMAO:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »
That's the spirit (of Intensity)! :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2008, 03:38:14 PM »
I was thinking of confrontations with a tad more substance than our usual drama.
Hey, I argued in favor of torture and even in favor of not taking prisoners at all in war (butchery, for the most part) lol.   I just might have been acting as a troll purposefully and choosing an extreme opinion just to make a thread do something other than say "Oh my, that is so wrong" in horrific response with every post esentially.  Have someone that wants more horrible things to happen to humanity, instead of the carebear shit. That kind of stuff is fun for me, especially on NFL boards concerning injuries.

Site politics are interesting to some as well.  I would rather argue about art, music, war, death, sex, etc; than the inner workings and politics of an internet site I don't pay for, run or contribute to (just post, like I do on plenty of other sites).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:39:45 PM by Alex179 »
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »
i s'pose we could try and find somewhere the US hasn't invaded, and invade them. 

Still a  pretty good selection of candidates to choose from.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2008, 04:00:55 PM »

So let's do it while we still have a selection. ;D

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2008, 04:05:29 PM »

So let's do it while we still have a selection. ;D

Oh, baby, Lucifer could invade me anytime!   :laugh:   (just kidding, I know your O-man's Witch/goddess!)   ;)

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2008, 05:22:56 PM »
I would rather argue about art, music, war, death, sex, etc; than the inner workings and politics of an internet site I don't pay for, run or contribute to (just post, like I do on plenty of other sites).

:laugh: Can you do it with as much fervor as the drama queens around here do when an admin looks at them the wrong way?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »
... is it that or is it an understood circumnavigation of that globe she is asking for in an effort to increase conversational efficiency?

Something like that.

It just seems like something that's come up a lot here. Maybe we should have a smiley for it. "Yes, I hear you, but I still think you're full of shit. Got any more to share with us?"

I shouldn't be calling the place a haven anyway. It's too easy to misconstrue that.

Can you generate one?

It would be like a smash hit around here.

Not quite what I meant to make, but here's a different one, in honor of Cal, Odeon, the ignore function, and far, far too many callouts.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2008, 06:10:39 PM »
... is it that or is it an understood circumnavigation of that globe she is asking for in an effort to increase conversational efficiency?

Something like that.

It just seems like something that's come up a lot here. Maybe we should have a smiley for it. "Yes, I hear you, but I still think you're full of shit. Got any more to share with us?"

I shouldn't be calling the place a haven anyway. It's too easy to misconstrue that.

Can you generate one?

It would be like a smash hit around here.

Not quite what I meant to make, but here's a different one, in honor of Cal, Odeon, the ignore function, and far, far too many callouts.

OK, try : calodeon : without the spaces.

:calodeon:

:-*