Author Topic: Religion or death  (Read 634 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Religion or death
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 10:40:40 PM »
That's so sad, because the daughter could have been saved if they had taken her to the doctor sooner.

Maybe if they had taken her even the day before she died, she would have been OK.

Offline Taimaat

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »
I think you also have to consider what medical care costs now days.  Sure you don't want your kids to die of something easily treatable, but California is pretty expensive state to live in.  A lot of people do not have health insurance now, and even if they do it is still expensive.  Furthermore, there are plenty of doctors and treatments that can make whatever condition someone has, worse rather than better.  I know I've had tiredness and various things and seen doctors for it, and really, they were not able to find anything or do anything for it.
I think espeacailly when you have a large family like that you have to consider the well being of everyone, not just one person. 
The law of nature threefold
thou do unto others three times
what they have done unto thee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the Law, Love Under Will.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 11:53:26 PM »
Yes, but diabetes could have been treated with insulin injections and/or other medications and careful attention to diet.  Yes, life-long treatment could be expensive, but the alternative would be to just let your child die.

My perspective may be different from yours, because I have a child who needed extensive medical intervention when she was a baby and from my point-of-view she was worth it.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 12:38:07 AM »
wtf Taimaat? you'd rather save a few bucks?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Sophgay

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 05:28:30 AM »
I found this site last year:
http://www.childrenshealthcare.org/victims.htm
it's sad

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 05:34:14 AM »
What if the one person who die because of lack of money who have gone on to do something great?
There was a time I was written off as a moron by by school because of my problems
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »
wtf Taimaat? you'd rather save a few bucks?

What's wrong with THAT?
Hell, we spend way too much on
expendable humans, as it is.

Offline Taimaat

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 10:44:09 PM »
I went through a time recently where we didn't have medical insurance, and my husband just had a contract job. We were not making enough to keep up with the cost of where we lived really, because he saw himself as being less than he was and thought he needed the experience.  Well, yeah initiation is certainly an experience, it shattered all my illusions of how I though the “real world” was. 

I would take my child, (or my pet, my husband or myself) to the doctor if I thought it would be more likely to heal than harm, but in some cases, I think it would defiantly create more issues than it would solve.  I know some people have the luxury of being taken care of, but you have to think of all those children in poor countries who don't get basic medial care who probably die of diseases like that all the time.

America (where I live) becomes more like that every day, because we really don't have much for our lower classes to do anymore (like the old factory jobs that went overseas to china), except go over and fight the war in Iraq, and you can only do that if you are healthy. Sure they have service sector jobs, but those don't really pay the standard of living people used to here.  I hear my husband bitch day in and day out about this, because I think he misses the security of the world his parents grew up in, but those days are no longer here, and we have to accept that if we want a better life.
The law of nature threefold
thou do unto others three times
what they have done unto thee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the Law, Love Under Will.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »
There's also an issue of quality of medical care. If you go into
the emergency room, with some ailment, as many of those without
insurance do, quite often you're going to see a lesser level of care
than you would seeing a family doctor who's used to you.