Author Topic: Personality Types in our DNA? What's your type?  (Read 2937 times)

Offline orbit

• Fresh Meat
Personality Types in our DNA? What's your type?
« on: July 08, 2006, 11:26:21 AM »
I just read a bunch about chimeraism and microchimerism and organ transplants and a bunch of other stuff that got jumbled in my mind that I wanted to throw out there...

What if our personality traits aren't necessarily contained in the developed brain, but reside more so in our DNA?  Microchimerism is when someone has the DNA of another person in their body and it lives there without conflict - the articles I read said it is different than an organ transplant BUT if the person ends up getting some of the blood mixed up in their body and goes elsewhere than it counts...  It also happens to mothers and their unborn babies.

A Chimera is someone who has equal or nearly ammounts of differing DNA in their bodies, and can happen artificially when scientists do it in a dish, or when two fertalized eggs combine together and develop into one person. Most times it isn't discovered until the person has to have genetic tests, or if the different organs are obvious - such as two different colored eyes or having one ovary and one testical.

If the personality traits are contained in genetic markers in the DNA then perhaps this microchimerism might explain why some people have personality changes when they get organ transplants or have kids and some don't... if the blood that is mixed goes somewhere or does something that is important (yet to be discovered)...

I'm an INTJ based on this test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp  And I'm curious what others of you here are.  On an asexual board I used to go to a lot, there were a lot of aspies and there were a lot of people there who also ended up being INTJ.  (32% when typical in the population is in the single digits).

It's just a possible theory - anyone care to take the test?

I know I'm not presenting this very clearly - I'm not saying I have any conclusions I believe, I'm just looking at the information and wondering if there is a pattern....  right now there is chaos in the other room and I'm in a hurry to post before I run out... so I'm going to end this here.

Orbit.

duncvis

Re: Personality Types in our DNA? What's your type?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »
Interesting. I came out as INTJ as well, I wonder if there is a correlation between ASDs and this type of profile? I'm sure I've seen this discussion before, but I can't remember it so meh.  ???

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 12:00:56 PM »
i got ISTJ.

Eamonn

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »
Im an alpha male, prototype.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 01:21:17 PM »
I'm a Me.

Eamonn

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 01:35:45 PM »

Offline orbit

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 10:41:13 PM »
I would tend to think most Aspies would have I & T combinations - but it seems the other two would probably be able to switch around.

"I" stands for Introvert as opposed to the "E" for Extrovert - which is primarily the definition of AS, isn't it? But not ALL Introverts have AS, of course...

"T" stands for thinking as opposed to the "F" for feelings. Not that feelings aren't there, they just aren't the primary consideration.  I'm not sure about this one, I have met/observed a few on line aspies who seem to rely on their feelings more than their thinking.

"N" stands for iNtuitive as opposed to "S" for Sensing, which means the diference between someone who can jump around in their thinking or thinking outside the box, and an "S" goes from point a to b to c in a step by step process. This seems like it could go either way pretty easily...

And I'm going to quote for the difference between the J and P types - and I have no clue if Aspies would fall into one or the other more... 

"People with judging temperaments are not necessarily critical. They just like to have things decided and acted upon. They evaluate, make their decision and go on. If they have to rethink something, they will, but they don't like waffling or bullshit.

A distinction between perceiving and judging:
Perceiver: We haven't had peaches in three months.
Judger: We should have peaches for dinner.

The point being the distinction between straight observation and a value added statement. Judgers tend to evaluate things far more than Perceivers. Perceivers don't want to overlook a possibility. Judgers want to know the importance of something."

There is more to personality than these 4 markers though... I would love to hear some ideas of what other people think some of the personality/genetic markers might be... I'm going to think about it some more.

Orbit

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 11:36:42 PM »
I'm an INTJ close to the border with INFJ.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 12:01:25 AM »
I'm an ISFJ.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 02:53:47 AM »
Your Type is
ENFJ
Extroverted   Intuitive   Feeling   Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44   25   25   67
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 04:23:47 AM »
i am a bmf
bad mutha fucker :o
j/k, ill take the test now.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 04:38:20 AM »
INTP

You are:
very expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 05:58:40 AM »
INTP

You are:
very expressed introvert

'Moderately' is just a euphenism for 'little'. I say you've got a NPD personality. WHat little personality you have, that is.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 07:42:30 AM »
INTP

You are:
very expressed introvert

'Moderately' is just a euphenism for 'little'. I say you've got a NPD personality. WHat little personality you have, that is.

No Cupcake, the euphemism for 'little' is 'slightly expressed'.   :P

Mine was:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Eamonn

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 07:48:13 AM »
INTP

You are:
very expressed introvert

''moderately expressed perceiving personality

No Cupcake, the euphemism for 'little' is 'slightly expressed'.   :P

Mine was:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

So according to your logic, dear, there is no difference between the site saying 'slightly expressed' and 'moderately expressed'? Surely 'slightly' is slightly less than 'moderately'? I cook my steak at a moderate heat, would you suggest i cook it at a slight heat unless you wanted me to catch a stomach bug?