Educational

Author Topic: YOUNG REPUBLICANS UNITE!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
YOUNG REPUBLICANS UNITE!
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:59:31 AM »
this is from the TV show The family Guy

what young rpublicans endorse.

we help those who already have the means to help themselves, also we perpetuate the ideal that Jesus chose America to destroy non believers and brown people.
Misunderstood.

McJ

Re: YOUNG REPUBLICANS UNITE!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 01:28:27 AM »
Oh Yeah

That's why i don't watch TV

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 05:43:02 PM »
I hate the pompous right-wing attitude of "we only help those that are willing to help themselves". I mean what is the point in helping people who can already help themselves - its nuts!! If they could help themselves, they wouldn't be asking for help in the first place.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 05:45:49 PM »
your right robert.

it was a quote from a TV show making fun of the republicans.

they don't need help, they simply take what they want.
Misunderstood.

Offline NeantHumain

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 12:00:38 AM »
Heil Bush, &c.
Now they're calling me "the Wal-Mart of starry-eyed romantics, always rolling back standards for women," and "a most malodorous new breed of pugly American capitalist swine."

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 04:57:53 PM »
this is from the TV show The family Guy

what young rpublicans endorse.

we help those who already have the means to help themselves, also we perpetuate the ideal that Jesus chose America to destroy non believers and brown people.

I've never watched Family Guy all the way through, but I saw the episode of South Park that dissed it.  ;D

Anyway, that quote helps illustrate why lame satire can be so subvsersive. A joke doesn't have to represent the truth, but if it makes people feel self-satisfied for laughing at it, and if it is repeated enough times, people start to accept it as the truth anyway.

We get this in Britain. Thanks to the lousy "alternative comedians" of the 80s people still blame Margaret Thatcher for all the country's woes.

IMHO, one of the problems with Bush is not a low opinion of certain "brown people", but an unrealistic one. This is why he thinks that if he sends troops off to Afghanistan and Iraq and roots out a few "extremists", the true "peace of Islam" will reveal itself. Well, Islam has been at war with the world for 1,400 years, and bombing caves in Afghanistan isn't going to change that.

Of course, it could be that Bush realises that the problem is Islam and not "extremism" and that diplomatic pressures prevent him from saying so, but his refusal to guard the USA's borders against the Mexican reconquista suggests that he really is as idealistic as he seems.
"Someday a real rain will come ..."

duncvis

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 06:51:56 PM »
The policies of the Thatcher administration are responsible for many of the country's woes including many of the ones you deplore, whether you'd like to acknowledge it or not.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »
also, bush is idea of ideology is to help those who al;ready have the means (money) to help themselves.  at the expense of those that actually create the wealth through hard work.

is thatcherism anything like reaganism?
Misunderstood.

Triste

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 07:01:43 PM »
Weren't they sleeping together?

duncvis

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 05:40:24 AM »
also, bush is idea of ideology is to help those who al;ready have the means (money) to help themselves.  at the expense of those that actually create the wealth through hard work.

yes - both governments were similar in terms of ideology, combining ruthless free-market economic doctrine [including assaults on workers rights and protections at work] with curbing individual rights and freedoms at home, with a nasty moralising edge. twisted cunts.