Author Topic: How to be a pussy  (Read 20205 times)

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: How to be a pussy
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »
i just think it's stupid for humans to drink milk that was designed for a baby sheep or goat or cow's digestive tract. If man was meant to drink milk his entire life, women would never stop lactating. And we men would never hear the end of it.  :P

OK, but those who actually have diffficulties digesting the massively beneficial quantities of available proteins and fats from so-called, "dairy products"  are actually in the minotiry.
You can not expect those who enjoy such things to give up ice cream, extra sharp cheddar, provolone, feta, mozzarellla ( and on and on and on ...) cheeses, fruit yogurts and sherbets, nor suspect the many ways to combine dairy with spices and other proteins, creating such culinary wonders as Alfredo sauce.

Consider yourself "rickcheese rolled."

Never gonna give it up!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »
I like milk and cheese.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2008, 04:11:53 PM »
i just think it's stupid for humans to drink milk that was designed for a baby sheep or goat or cow's digestive tract. If man was meant to drink milk his entire life, women would never stop lactating. And we men would never hear the end of it.  :P

OK, but those who actually have diffficulties digesting the massively beneficial quantities of available proteins and fats from so-called, "dairy products"  are actually in the minotiry.
You can not expect those who enjoy such things to give up ice cream, extra sharp cheddar, provolone, feta, mozzarellla ( and on and on and on ...) cheeses, fruit yogurts and sherbets, nor suspect the many ways to combine dairy with spices and other proteins, creating such culinary wonders as Alfredo sauce.

Consider yourself "rickcheese rolled."

Never gonna give it up!

Actually, there may be lots of undiagnosed cases of lactose intolerance -- perhaps millions -- whose symptoms are not severe enough (yet) to warrant attention.

It's none of my business what other people eat. I like pizza myself; I try not to eat it very often. It just struck me one day that it didn't make a whole lot of sense for humans to drink cow's milk. Humans aren't cows. Although they may be sheep.  :sheep: Recollect the 1960s when women were told they didn't have to breastfeed their kids--that formula was better. Or that circumcision was necessary for baby boys. A lot of mothers--esp. those of the hippie persuasion--asked the all-important question: "Why?"

Why would a formula be better for infants than mother's breast milk? Isn't it possible there's something in breast milk that is beneficial for newborns?
Why does a piece of my baby's anatomy have to be removed? And why does he have to be strapped down? And why is he crying like that? Haven't humans gotten on perfectly well for centuries with foreskins?

I don't want to get off on a rant here...oops, too late.  :P
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:14:57 PM by wandrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »
I like milk and cheese.

And no one's going to take them from you, Kev. Now put down the gun and slide it towards the nice officers.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Online DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »

I don't want to get off on a rant here...oops, too late.  :P

I don't mean to rant, either, pal.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »
Ranting here is better than in real life less consequences rant away.
Just don't expect us to read it all :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2008, 05:27:49 PM »
JA! JA! YOU VILL READ EVERY VORD! UND ADMIT ZE HOLOCAUST VAS A DIRTY LIE!!!! I AM ZE WRITER! YOU ARE ZE AUDIENCE! I OUTRANK YOU!

Oops...guess I was channeling Franz Liebkind there for a minute. I'm better now.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
JA! JA! YOU VILL READ EVERY VORD! UND ADMIT ZE HOLOCAUST VAS A DIRTY LIE!!!! I AM ZE WRITER! YOU ARE ZE AUDIENCE! I OUTRANK YOU!

Oops...guess I was channeling Franz Liebkind there for a minute. I'm better now.
:lol:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Online DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2008, 05:33:09 PM »

Yep, it's probably a good thing that most of my posts go unread.

:D

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2008, 12:29:58 AM »

Yep, it's probably a good thing that most of my posts go unread.

:D

Unanswered is not the same as unread.  I have read nearly all of your posts.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2008, 01:39:16 AM »
Same.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2008, 10:38:09 AM »
I like milk and cheese.

And no one's going to take them from you, Kev. Now put down the gun and slide it towards the nice officers.
I'll think about it.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2008, 02:12:06 PM »
Milk does a body good. Unless they're allergic. Or they're a human drinking fluid designed for another animal's digestive system. Actually, come to think of it, milk sucks.

My wife has a mild lactose intolerance, and it runs in her family.  My brother in law has it really bad.

I always wondered what made severe lactose intolerance different. Since about 85% of the human population is unable to produce the enzyme beyond infancy/toddler years that breaks down lactose, so technically the vast majority of humans are lactose intolerant. But just wondering why some people are more sensitive and hence the ones usually labeled "lactose intolerant"...

One of those questions I ask myself on occasion but am always too lazy to go and look up.
Flibbit.

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2008, 02:16:59 PM »
Ah, finally got off me ass and went and looked it up:

Quote from: Wiki
Lactose intolerance is the inability to metabolize lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products, because the required enzyme lactase is absent in the intestinal system or its availability is lowered. Some people also mention pasteurized dairy products as a cause (raw milk contains small amounts of lactase). It is estimated that 75% of adults show some decrease in lactase activity during adulthood worldwide. The frequency of decreased lactase activity ranges from nearly 5% in northern Europe to more than 90% in some Asian and African countries.

So it sounds like it's just a matter of severity.
Flibbit.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »
Ah, finally got off me ass and went and looked it up:

Quote from: Wiki
Lactose intolerance is the inability to metabolize lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products, because the required enzyme lactase is absent in the intestinal system or its availability is lowered. Some people also mention pasteurized dairy products as a cause (raw milk contains small amounts of lactase). It is estimated that 75% of adults show some decrease in lactase activity during adulthood worldwide. The frequency of decreased lactase activity ranges from nearly 5% in northern Europe to more than 90% in some Asian and African countries.

So it sounds like it's just a matter of severity.

I found this:

What causes lactose intolerance?

Some causes of lactose intolerance are well known. Primary lactase deficiency is a condition that develops over time. After about age 2 the body begins to produce less lactase, though most people will not notice symptoms until they are much older.

Secondary lactase deficiency occurs when injury to the small intestine or certain digestive diseases reduce the amount of lactase a person produces. These diseases include celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and Crohn’s disease.

Researchers have identified a genetic link for lactose intolerance. Some people are born with a likelihood of developing primary lactase deficiency because it has been passed to them genetically (inherited from their parents). This discovery may be useful in developing a diagnostic test to identify people with the condition.

Who is at risk for lactose intolerance?

Between 30 and 50 million Americans are lactose intolerant and certain ethnic and racial populations are more affected than others. Up to 80 percent of African Americans, 80 to 100 percent of American Indians, and 90 to 100 percent of Asian Americans are lactose intolerant. The condition is least common among people of northern European descent.

Babies that are born prematurely are also more likely to be lactose intolerant, because lactase levels do not increase until the third trimester of a woman’s pregnancy.