Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 124298 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #9330 on: March 03, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »
really good. i am taking my dog to the park again after over a year I think :) first half of last year I stopped coz I was ill, then from august onwards coz of my seizures. Now I've started taking her again - opportnity to take pics AND work on my social skills (with the other dog walkers I mean, not the dogs lol)

also got 6 packets of space raiders so FUCK YEAH!

People with pets or young kids are easier to talk to, because they don't mind you looking at what they adore themselves, instead of looking at them I think.

And it can be just good to meet some dogs, kids or cats.

One of my favourites in my rounds died alas. He was such a gorgeous, huge, mildly clumsy dog.

:( That's the shitty thing about non-human animals. Most of them don't live long compared to us and it's painful when they go

Worth the pain though

And that's exactly it, yeah - I love how I can just watch the dogs playing , while occasionally looking at them as they speak. Instead of having to awkwardly look around and make myself seem suspicious

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9331 on: March 03, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »
really good. i am taking my dog to the park again after over a year I think :) first half of last year I stopped coz I was ill, then from august onwards coz of my seizures. Now I've started taking her again - opportnity to take pics AND work on my social skills (with the other dog walkers I mean, not the dogs lol)

People with pets or young kids are easier to talk to, because they don't mind you looking at what they adore themselves, instead of looking at them I think.

One of my favourites in my rounds died alas. He was such a gorgeous, huge, mildly clumsy dog.

Aw man.. :-\

I am sad to hear that. There's something about big goofy dogs...one of my favorite dogs ever was a great big lovable klutz.  :(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9332 on: March 03, 2011, 09:06:09 PM »

I am sad to hear that. There's something about big goofy dogs...one of my favorite dogs ever was a great big lovable klutz.  :(

Yeah, that's sad. We used to live next door to the stupidest Red Setter when I was young, but he was lovely and gentle and used to exitedly run around or stay loyally close by us at the fence if we were playing in our yard.

Ocassionally he used to get out and try and follow me after I'd left to walk to school. He got hit by a car one day out the front of my school. I didn't find out until I got home from school that day and he wasn't there. I can't imagine how my Mother felt telling me that, but I guess she was trying to soften the blow by making me feel like he loved me so much, but not nice for a little kid to know their big, lanky friend died because they wanted to hang out with them.  :'(

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9333 on: March 03, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »

Yeah, that's sad. We used to live next door to the stupidest Red Setter when I was young, but he was lovely and gentle and used to exitedly run around or stay loyally close by us at the fence if we were playing in our yard.

Ocassionally he used to get out and try and follow me after I'd left to walk to school. He got hit by a car one day out the front of my school. I didn't find out until I got home from school that day and he wasn't there. I can't imagine how my Mother felt telling me that, but I guess she was trying to soften the blow by making me feel like he loved me so much, but not nice for a little kid to know their big, lanky friend died because they wanted to hang out with them.  :'(

Awww...  :'( :heart:

MY big lanky friend, rest in peace:

http://www.cafepress.com/reikishamanic.369122938

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9334 on: March 04, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »
Headachey. Sore throat. Achey joints.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9335 on: March 04, 2011, 05:00:15 PM »
I've never had a dog before Lily so haven't had one die yet. I've had cats die though. Horrible

I still wish I had closed flo's eyes before I left when she died. She still had her eyes open when I left. I just kissed her on the head

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9336 on: March 05, 2011, 04:22:41 AM »
Kinda headachey. The coffee didn't fix it :orly:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9337 on: March 05, 2011, 04:40:24 AM »
My fire salamanders can live for over 30 years.  The axolotls only live for around 10 years.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9338 on: March 05, 2011, 05:18:23 AM »
OK-ish but my eyes are bothering me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9339 on: March 05, 2011, 05:43:26 AM »
I'm still feeling vague discomfort about one of my OCD fixations, though the meds I'm on have lessened the anxiety
to the point where I can reason my way through it instead of staying stuck in anguish as I would have done in the past.

People forget.

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #9340 on: March 05, 2011, 08:05:44 AM »
Was worried because my mother was out for 4 hours and it's midnight, but much better now that she's walked in the front door.
If she disappears, there is noone to stop my father from becoming physically violent rather than just verbally/emotionally abusive.

I'm still feeling vague discomfort about one of my OCD fixations, though the meds I'm on have lessened the anxiety
to the point where I can reason my way through it instead of staying stuck in anguish as I would have done in the past.

Sorry to hear about the discomfort. OCD sucks.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:10:46 AM by PuppetSockPenguin »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9341 on: March 05, 2011, 08:11:54 AM »
Was worried because my mother was out for 4 hours and it's midnight, but much better now that she's walked in the front door.
If she disappears, there is noone to stop my father from becoming physically violent rather than just verbally/emotionally abusive.

Physical violence sucks worse! Have you ever called the police on your father?  ???

People forget.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9342 on: March 05, 2011, 08:18:56 AM »

Physical violence sucks worse! Have you ever called the police on your father?  ???

He hasn't been physically violent yet, so no. I'm sure he would, though, if there were noone to stop him.
During my teenage years, he'd get into arguments with me and end up making death threats against me.

I think OCD sucks worse; I've had more worry from my OCD than from my father being a dick.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9343 on: March 05, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »

He hasn't been physically violent yet, so no. I'm sure he would, though, if there were noone to stop him.
During my teenage years, he'd get into arguments with me and end up making death threats against me.

I think OCD sucks worse; I've had more worry from my OCD than from my father being a dick.

OCD really does suck, yes. It is hard to function when your brain keeps punishing you for tiny offenses.
My current meds have made it a lot easier to deal with, but I still remember what I was like before.
How is the OCD for you these days?   :(

People forget.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9344 on: March 05, 2011, 08:29:13 AM »

OCD really does suck, yes. It is hard to function when your brain keeps punishing you for tiny offenses.
My current meds have made it a lot easier to deal with, but I still remember what I was like before.
How is the OCD for you these days?   :(

Not too bad. It tends to flare up whenever I have something important to lose. The last time it was really bad was over the possibility of losing Daniel, and before that it was my uni graduation that it zeroed in on. I'm expecting it to get worse in a few months when the course I'm doing comes toward an end.

It's good that your medication helps you.