Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 124517 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #9045 on: February 08, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
Trying to read the ingredients out loud would either kill or cure your throat.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9046 on: February 08, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
Enraged and cheated. :grrr:

What's wrong?

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9047 on: February 08, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »

What's wrong?
I heard my mother on the phone telling some random "friend" of hers loads of personal secrets about me and my siblings. That and she stank of alcohol, which she said she quit ages ago. She has a history of being a real bitch but I thought that had changed  :-\. It'd be alright if it was a friend who was doing this to me, but I'd expect a level of trust and respect from a parent.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9048 on: February 08, 2011, 03:42:16 PM »

What's wrong?
I heard my mother on the phone telling some random "friend" of hers loads of personal secrets about me and my siblings. That and she stank of alcohol, which she said she quit ages ago. She has a history of being a real bitch but I thought that had changed  :-\. It'd be alright if it was a friend who was doing this to me, but I'd expect a level of trust and respect from a parent.

I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks! Do you have to live with her?  ???
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9049 on: February 08, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »
Worried a bit about hospital and bothered by some other stuff, trying not to let it get to me though

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9050 on: February 08, 2011, 03:49:12 PM »

What's wrong?

I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks! Do you have to live with her?  ???
Unfortunately so, for at least 4 years. I feel more sorry for my younger siblings, they're 16 but they're taken less seriously for being younger. I hope to save up money and escape to Ireland to live with Schleed as soon as.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9051 on: February 08, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »

What's wrong?

I agree with you about how horrible it is to have a parent betraying you in this way, but I think it would also be a bad thing for a friend to do as well.

One time I got really angry with my mother for telling a best friend of hers something I told her in confidence.  She was a very good mother otherwise, though.  I think the excuse she gave was that she was concerned about what I told her and she needed to talk it over with her friend.  

I have no idea what your mother's excuse might be, but she did the wrong thing on at least two different counts.

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9052 on: February 08, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »

What's wrong?

I agree with you about how horrible it is to have a parent betraying you in this way, but I think it would also be a bad thing for a friend to do as well.

One time I got really angry with my mother for telling a best friend of hers something I told her in confidence.  She was a very good mother otherwise, though.  I think the excuse she gave was that she was concerned about what I told her and she needed to talk it over with her friend.  

I have no idea what your mother's excuse might be, but she did the wrong thing on at least two different counts.

I spoke to my mother earlier about it and she apologised, though it was far from genuine. I'll just leave it for now because I need to stay in this house or else I'm homeless, but I'll be more careful what I share with her in future. It's gonna be quite awkward on Saturday, as mum has invited this mystery friend over for dinner so I'm definitely gonna stay out the way. I can just imagine it now, "Oh hi Emma, I've heard so much about you!"...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9053 on: February 08, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »
This is the best cough syrup there is in Sweden, though you need a prescription, and all doctors won't prescribe it either.

That's a HUGE bottle! Is it formulated for giants?  :zoinks:
:indeed: If it works on giants then it should work on odeon.

I'm a giant of a man. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9054 on: February 08, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
I feel OK, not really sick, but the congestion and cough remain. I don't seem able to tolerate any indoor heat this winter.  :dunno:

When it is freezing outside you will be safe to moisten the air in your room without enabling fungi. If you want to be sure you don't make your room too wet, you could get yourself a hygrometer. There are very affordable ones. And having the air a bit less dry will be a blessing for your nose and throat.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #9055 on: February 08, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »
Depressed and alone! I hate being alone in a hotel on travel for work and the snow has me stuck here and unable to go out and do something to make the time go faster. One day housekeeping will find me in a hotel room dead of natural causes or an accidental overdose like Heath Ledger.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9056 on: February 08, 2011, 11:19:28 PM »

What's wrong?

I spoke to my mother earlier about it and she apologised, though it was far from genuine. I'll just leave it for now because I need to stay in this house or else I'm homeless, but I'll be more careful what I share with her in future. It's gonna be quite awkward on Saturday, as mum has invited this mystery friend over for dinner so I'm definitely gonna stay out the way. I can just imagine it now, "Oh hi Emma, I've heard so much about you!"...

I was thinking about this a while ago and I wondered if you recently lost your gran, did your mother lose her mother or her mother-in-law?

Either way, she might be going through a lot of turmoil right now as well, so it's probably best to forgive her and move on but not to forget. To be honest, I was a lot more careful with what I shared with my mother after she betrayed my confidence as well, even though I did forgive her.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9057 on: February 08, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »
A bit disappointed as I won't be going out now after all. Today was gonna be the day I got up with absolutely NO reason to since september (that doesn't sound good but it would be :P )

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9058 on: February 08, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »
A bit disappointed as I won't be going out now after all. Today was gonna be the day I got up with absolutely NO reason to since september (that doesn't sound good but it would be :P )
I didn't feel like getting up today either. But I have to or else my mum will be on my case. As long as I get up, have breakfast and a shower I am ok.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9059 on: February 08, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
I went downstairs to make a pizza and ended up needing to pee desperately, so I have got up and had a shower now. But it was only about 4 or 5am so I didn't get dressed and I've gone back to bed instead lol

I shower every day though as I go to the toilet every day