Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 124570 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #2235 on: July 08, 2009, 12:56:28 AM »
I try, and fail. If I don't fail, I completely embarass yourself. I am envious of most the other females here. They don't have this sort of problem.

O rly?  I loath myself.

Well I don't know you very well, but from what i've gathered the majority of the other female posters don't have this problem. You're also younger than me so it's not really a problem.

TheoK

« Reply #2236 on: July 08, 2009, 12:57:42 AM »
:eyebrow:

Blasted

« Reply #2237 on: July 08, 2009, 12:59:03 AM »
I try, and fail. If I don't fail, I completely embarass yourself. I am envious of most the other females here. They don't have this sort of problem.

O rly?  I loath myself.

You're also younger than me so it's not really a problem.

Oh how nice  ::)

Offline TheOtherWindow

• Constant Poster
« Reply #2238 on: July 08, 2009, 01:06:29 AM »

O rly?  I loath myself.

Well I don't know you very well, but from what i've gathered the majority of the other female posters don't have this problem. You're also younger than me so it's not really a problem.

???

I'm off to bed, but just wanted to point out that many women, as a whole, suffer from self-image issues and self-loathing, and this goes doubly so for groups of people who've typically experienced bullying, such as aspies. So it would be a safe assumption that many female posters here DO actually experience these problems.

Also, being younger certainly doesn't make the issue any less severe or real.

TheoK

« Reply #2239 on: July 08, 2009, 01:10:45 AM »
Fiono is a fox - and a supp socket!  :P

GalileoAce

« Reply #2240 on: July 08, 2009, 01:18:07 AM »
O rly?  I loath myself.

Yes...Because no one else has any problems their lives are full of rainbows and unicorns... FFS seriously?

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2241 on: July 08, 2009, 01:27:08 AM »

O rly?  I loath myself.

Oh how nice  ::)

The problem is not "loathing yourself".

Sorry if you thought thats what I meant. Loathing yourself is a problem no matter what age you are.  

It's not really something which I feel comfortable making public though, as i'm not sure who to trust.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:46:15 AM by Fionæ »

Blasted

« Reply #2242 on: July 08, 2009, 01:35:42 AM »

O rly?  I loath myself.

Oh how nice  ::)

The problem is not "loathing yourself".

Sorry if you thought thats what I meant. Loathing yourself is a problem no matter what age you are. 

It's not really something which I feel comfortable making pubic though, as i'm not sure who to trust.

Now that's different  :)

I'd like to say you could trust me since I could relate to a lot of the things you feel but then again, we haven't had the best track record when it comes to discussions about body issues.  I hope you do eventually learn to trust people more.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2243 on: July 08, 2009, 06:33:59 AM »

Oh yes we do! At best, we might have a bit more experience at pretending that, *ahem* Oh yes! I planned to do that all along! Make a mistake? Moi? :green:

We all screw up at some point in our lives. We all repeat the same errors over and over until we've learned better. If we didn't, we wouldn't be human. A certain amount of self-criticism is inevitable. It helps, also, to see the funny side and to laugh at your own absurdities. If you are depressed, get help; that shit can kill you if it's left untreated.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2244 on: July 08, 2009, 06:43:30 AM »
Most of the women I know have (or have had) pretty bad body issues.
And tbh it's usually the ones who ARE actually attractive.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2245 on: July 08, 2009, 09:11:41 AM »
Anxious
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2246 on: July 08, 2009, 09:33:21 AM »
parts, this is the ladies' body issues thread - take your anxiety somewhere else :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2247 on: July 08, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »
I'm feeling like I wanna go to the beach. celticgoddess's pics make me wish I lived near a good beach. Goddamm crappy Inglund! :nerdy:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2248 on: July 08, 2009, 04:52:17 PM »

Oh yes we do! At best, we might have a bit more experience at pretending that, *ahem* Oh yes! I planned to do that all along! Make a mistake? Moi? :green:

We all screw up at some point in our lives. We all repeat the same errors over and over until we've learned better. If we didn't, we wouldn't be human. A certain amount of self-criticism is inevitable. It helps, also, to see the funny side and to laugh at your own absurdities. If you are depressed, get help; that shit can kill you if it's left untreated.

:plus:

:indeed:
being a little forgiving towards yourself, and laugh about absurdities does help.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2249 on: July 08, 2009, 04:54:16 PM »
Itchy, bloody musquitos.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!