Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 124612 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2008, 03:45:16 PM »
no-one's forcing you to stay, pyraxis.

/shrugs.

???
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2008, 03:46:32 PM »
why do you assume my choice of title/avatar/whatever is that much of a reflection of who i "claim" to be?

Why shouldn't I? Everything we do and say is in some fashion a reflection of ourselves.

or one of our personae, fantasy or real.

And such personae, fantasy or real, are also a reflection of ourselves. How does that change what I said?

you said it was i claimed to be.  a reflection and a claim are not the same thing.

i suspect you do, all of the time.  but there's the jaganari window (or whatever it's called), and no-one gets past that.

Google's not being much help. Care to elaborate?

i may have the name wrong (i often get that wrong, for some reason).  it's the four part "window", which refers to what parts of us are able to be seen, and by whom, and runs thusly:

i see, you see.  i see, you don't see.  i don't see, you see.  i don't see, you don't see.

there are only two options where we can see ourselves.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2008, 03:50:43 PM »
you said it was i claimed to be.  a reflection and a claim are not the same thing.

Depends on your locus.

i may have the name wrong (i often get that wrong, for some reason).  it's the four part "window", which refers to what parts of us are able to be seen, and by whom, and runs thusly:

i see, you see.  i see, you don't see.  i don't see, you see.  i don't see, you don't see.

A form of classification, then? All well and good, I suppose, but offers no help with the criteria used to categorize.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »
I know and you know, and I know that you know, and I know you know that I know, but what you don't know is that I know something you don't know.

Er...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2008, 03:52:07 PM »
I know and you know, and I know that you know, and I know you know that I know, but what you don't know is that I know something you don't know.

Er...

you daft pillock.  :P

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2008, 03:53:32 PM »

Er...

:lol:

That's pretty much the problem.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »

Depends on your locus.

my point exactly.

A form of classification, then? All well and good, I suppose, but offers no help with the criteria used to categorize.

i thought you said you'd studied jung?  think subconscious, unconscious and Shadow.

maybe that underpins my point, too - if you can't see how or why it works, then you're questioning/examining the wrong thing when you observe your own projection.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2008, 03:58:52 PM »
Depends on your locus.

my point exactly.

Holy shit, we agree?  :zombiefuck:

i thought you said you'd studied jung?  think subconscious, unconscious and Shadow.

maybe that underpins my point, too - if you can't see how or why it works, then you're questioning/examining the wrong thing when you observe your own projection.

Well, considering I'd never heard of the jaganari window before you mentioned it, I'm going only based on what you said. Which means I have no idea if it's Jungian or Martian, and hence don't know what criteria to cross-reference it with.

I understand how such a thing might work, but I don't know what your understanding is, so I can't compare them.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2008, 04:11:14 PM »
Depends on your locus.

my point exactly.

on the occasion, no, sadly.  if your locus is inside your own head, filtering the actions of others through what you yourself would do, then... well, it's a pretty good description of "projection", wouldn't you agree?

Well, considering I'd never heard of the jaganari window before you mentioned it, I'm going only based on what you said. Which means I have no idea if it's Jungian or Martian, and hence don't know what criteria to cross-reference it with.

I understand how such a thing might work, but I don't know what your understanding is, so I can't compare them.

why is my understanding of it relevant to you understanding it?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »

on the occasion, no, sadly.  if your locus is inside your own head, filtering the actions of others through what you yourself would do, then... well, it's a pretty good description of "projection", wouldn't you agree?

It's a pretty good definition of "internal".

Where's yours?

Er, for having a conversation?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »

It's a pretty good definition of "internal".

Where's yours?

depends where it's most needed, to be effective.

sounds like a cop out to me.  almost cal-esque in its evasiveness.

/shrugs.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »
:popcorn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »
Where's yours?

depends where it's most needed, to be effective.

At what?

sounds like a cop out to me.  almost cal-esque in its evasiveness.

/shrugs.

I don't see why. If we're talking about a thing, it helps to at least look for a common language by which to discuss it.

Blasted

« Reply #238 on: June 03, 2008, 05:06:38 AM »
Interrupting this discussion,

I feel swell!

Plus I have a bad case of wanderlust.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »

Like a failure.

Nothing I can control brings me anything but anxiety. Only when I let go of the string I'm holding my mind by and watch it float away in the currents like an overfillled balloon do I enjoy my life.

I lose.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.