Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 124350 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2008, 02:21:52 PM »
Precisely, Pea.

Oh joy, everybody's safe in their ivory towers. You all observe with interest then, while I accumulate a bigger charge.

But I've been warning people since the days of fucking WrongPlanet that I can't carry a site alone. Unless you really did take this place over in order to ride it to the ground, Odeon, somebody's going to have to venture out of their little hole in the sand first.

again, projection.  you won't believe it, because you can't see that others don't have the same motives as yourself, but i don't know of anyone on here who's into any sort of power trip.  i mean, on a relatively small internet discussion board?  puhleese - have you no ambition, girl?

ozymandias

« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2008, 02:22:11 PM »
Drama? This? :yawn:

(This is not working, people; you'll have to work harder.)

Sorry, I don't do freebies, time is money and I expect a handsome fee for my work!   As a registered nurse I can make anywhere from 20-50 dollars an hour.  Depending upon circumstances.  But, since I like you, I'll only charge you 13 dollars an hour.   :P

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »
again, projection.  you won't believe it, because you can't see that others don't have the same motives as yourself, but i don't know of anyone on here who's into any sort of power trip.  i mean, on a relatively small internet discussion board?  puhleese - have you no ambition, girl?

Paradox, psycho hell vixen goddess witch fallen angel. So long as you keep claiming one side or the other, they're both meaningless.

You can psychoanalyze me to death, but that doesn't negate my motivations any more than it negates anyone's. I have substance behind my Jungian twists. How's yours?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2008, 03:20:36 PM »
No, I didn't take over this site to "ride it to the ground". I took it because Dunc didn't want it anymore.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2008, 03:24:28 PM »
Cool. I hope it doesn't happen inadvertently then. I know every time there's drama, people claim sites will die, and they just keep plugging along anyway. I don't know what it takes to actually kill one, though near as I can tell, it's a gradual leech of members and interest. That's what seems to have happened to OTS and Fractalus. I worry that's happening here, but I don't know if the worries are unfounded or not.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2008, 03:25:52 PM »

Paradox, psycho hell vixen goddess witch fallen angel. So long as you keep claiming one side or the other, they're both meaningless.

why do you assume my choice of title/avatar/whatever is that much of a reflection of who i "claim" to be?  projection, again.

You can psychoanalyze me to death, but that doesn't negate my motivations any more than it negates anyone's. I have substance behind my Jungian twists. How's yours?

ah, but that's where you start off completely wrong - i've never felt the need to psychoanalyse you, ever, and never have.

seriously, and i'm not joining in with your attempt at a pissing contest, but have a look - a good look - at your projection, pyraxis.  some of your reponses and reactions on here, wp and everywhere else i've seen you are such classic examples they're practically textbook (one of the reasons i don't bother analysing you).

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2008, 03:28:34 PM »
Cool. I hope it doesn't happen inadvertently then. I know every time there's drama, people claim sites will die, and they just keep plugging along anyway. I don't know what it takes to actually kill one, though near as I can tell, it's a gradual leech of members and interest. That's what seems to have happened to OTS and Fractalus. I worry that's happening here, but I don't know if the worries are unfounded or not.

I worry about that often, and for a time, I thought the place would die. This was around the time I finally blabberized Cal.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2008, 03:32:14 PM »
why do you assume my choice of title/avatar/whatever is that much of a reflection of who i "claim" to be?

Why shouldn't I? Everything we do and say is in some fashion a reflection of ourselves.

seriously, and i'm not joining in with your attempt at a pissing contest, but have a look - a good look - at your projection, pyraxis.  some of your reponses and reactions on here, wp and everywhere else i've seen you are such classic examples they're practically textbook (one of the reasons i don't bother analysing you).

Okay, seriously, do you think i don't monitor them myself? I don't see a problem with running parallel threads like that. It's been quite effective in terms of rewriting the past, in a way that's both cheaper and more fun than holing up with some guy with a clipboard in an office somewhere, and inventing a sterile language for a process that at its heart is quite artistic and compelling.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »
Oh, and let me add that I still believe I2 is what its members make it to be. For a time, it was turning into emo haven. I think we are past that now, but I do believe that would have killed the site.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2008, 03:38:27 PM »
why do you assume my choice of title/avatar/whatever is that much of a reflection of who i "claim" to be?

Why shouldn't I? Everything we do and say is in some fashion a reflection of ourselves.

or one of our personae, fantasy or real.

Okay, seriously, do you think i don't monitor them myself? I don't see a problem with running parallel threads like that. It's been quite effective in terms of rewriting the past, in a way that's both cheaper and more fun than holing up with some guy with a clipboard in an office somewhere, and inventing a sterile language for a process that at its heart is quite artistic and compelling.

i suspect you do, all of the time.  but there's the jaganari window (or whatever it's called), and no-one gets past that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2008, 03:39:15 PM »
Oh, and let me add that I still believe I2 is what its members make it to be. For a time, it was turning into emo haven. I think we are past that now, but I do believe that would have killed the site.

Fair enough. It probably would have if allowed to run rampant. I'm certainly not sorry to see the emos go. I'm just worried that the backlash towards distance has gone too far, so I'm trying to see if it can be recovered. At the same time, if there isn't enough to recover, I'm preparing to bail myself. There aren't many left on here worth fighting with.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2008, 03:42:22 PM »

or one of our personae, fantasy or real.

And such personae, fantasy or real, are also a reflection of ourselves. How does that change what I said?

i suspect you do, all of the time.  but there's the jaganari window (or whatever it's called), and no-one gets past that.

Google's not being much help. Care to elaborate?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »

Fair enough. It probably would have if allowed to run rampant. I'm certainly not sorry to see the emos go. I'm just worried that the backlash towards distance has gone too far, so I'm trying to see if it can be recovered. At the same time, if there isn't enough to recover, I'm preparing to bail myself. There aren't many left on here worth fighting with.

Again, it's what you make it to be. Your choice. Stay and try to make it into something you can live with, or bail out and leave it to others. /shrugs

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »

no-one's forcing you to stay, pyraxis.

/shrugs.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #224 on: May 31, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »
Again, it's what you make it to be. Your choice. Stay and try to make it into something you can live with, or bail out and leave it to others. /shrugs

:)