Author Topic: I am disassociating myself from this section of I2.  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: I am disassociating myself from this section of I2.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 12:04:41 AM »
And why, exactly, is that an inconvenience for the likes of me? I find it quite amusing that these boring tards have gone through all the trouble of trying to "own" this site.

The likes of you? Not sure--are you bothered by page upon page of Atomika posts if you want to browse unread posts since your last visit? Many of us are, and the Atomika posts made the site nearly unusable for every one of us.

To me, the solution is simple: ban and delete that kind of spammers, and their posts (and no, that doesn't include Cal--for all his tired bullshit, he believes he has a point). These spammers are not here to contribute to anything, they are here to disrupt, and I don't give a fuck if that upsets someone's idea of what free speech is about. I have to keep this site running, they don't.

Is there some sort of ignore user feature here or at least a module that can be installed? That could be a workable solution that would piss of less ppl (read calendale). I mean if said users are really wreaking shit with the forum, sure ban them, but if a simple ignore feature would work out easier, that would be better, no? I'm just making suggestions is all.

It would be like, sure ppl can say whatever the hell they want and if we need help ignoring them because the sight of them annoys us or the fact that we know we cant help outselves sometimes getting bent out of shape and responding to ppl we know we are better off ignoring. I'm just saying its worth a trial at least, of course that's if its possible or something.

duncvis

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 04:03:01 AM »
i think the blabberizer mod would be better than an ignore function. and funnier.  >:D

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 04:04:11 AM »
let's do it!  :belly:

duncvis

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2008, 04:05:27 AM »
Better talk to The O-Master. I don't work here any more. :woohoo:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 04:10:56 AM »
oh, no - i'll have to let him do sex at me again...  ::)

sigh...

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 04:13:05 AM »
i think the blabberizer mod would be better than an ignore function. and funnier.  >:D

But doesnt that make all that users posts look like that to everyone?

I can see how that would be funny, but it wouldnt solve the problem.

I'm being serious about a solution to the problem, It would be better if no one wanted to do anything about to just say so in plain english so a retard like me can understand it :insane:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 04:13:59 AM »
actually, come to think of it, how will we be able to tell cal's posts have been blabberised?

duncvis

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 04:19:29 AM »
being serious then, the ignore mod has been debated several times already - have a peek in the voting booth phlexor. in the past it was generally felt such a mod was not very intensity, but things change. might be worth starting another poll - its entirely possible that calandale shitting all over the site has changed some opinions.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 04:26:23 AM »
being serious then, the ignore mod has been debated several times already - have a peek in the voting booth phlexor. in the past it was generally felt such a mod was not very intensity, but things change. might be worth starting another poll - its entirely possible that calandale shitting all over the site has changed some opinions.

Agreed. I think it is one solution that solves many problems, plus it puts the power in the hands of the individual user. You can decide to use it or ignore the fact that the mod is there at all.

I'd rather that the ignore feature was forced on to us than having ppl banned cos they are disrupting the site too much and messing with the no banning ideal around here.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 05:22:10 AM »
Yeah, if the choice is between banning someone because that someone is an annoying twunt, and installing an ignore mod, I'd choose the latter.

EDIT: I don't think an ignore mod is "un-intense". I'm pretty sure many here would welcome the freedom such a mod can offer them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:23:46 AM by odeon »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 06:22:14 AM »
Yeah, if the choice is between banning someone because that someone is an annoying twunt, and installing an ignore mod, I'd choose the latter.

EDIT: I don't think an ignore mod is "un-intense". I'm pretty sure many here would welcome the freedom such a mod can offer them.

Well that way you can INTENSLY ignore someone!

thepeaguy

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 12:41:36 PM »
And why, exactly, is that an inconvenience for the likes of me? I find it quite amusing that these boring tards have gone through all the trouble of trying to "own" this site.

The likes of you? Not sure--are you bothered by page upon page of Atomika posts if you want to browse unread posts since your last visit? Many of us are, and the Atomika posts made the site nearly unusable for every one of us.

My stance is this: If they feel the need to disrupt this site by means of spamming the place, then they are weak and laughable in my eyes and hardly worth acknowledging.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2008, 12:45:38 PM »

My stance is this: If they feel the need to disrupt this site by means of spamming the place, then they are weak and laughable in my eyes and hardly worth acknowledging.

Yes, they are weak and laughable, agreed, but there's no way I'd let their shit fuck up the site for its members.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2008, 12:46:22 PM »

QFT

thepeaguy

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »

Yes, they are weak and laughable, agreed, but there's no way I'd let their shit fuck up the site for its members.

Odeon, take a leaf out of Vivi's Magick Grimoire of Revenge Spells and concoct a cruel retribution which will disrupt their precious shit.

More hilarious and rewarding than just banning them.