Author Topic: Where/who do you want to be right now?  (Read 7401 times)

Sophgay

Re: Where/who do you want to be right now?
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2008, 05:16:44 PM »
i know of a few people who would mind :laugh:

Persona

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »
I for one, wouldn't be able to watch the season finale of the L word  :zoinks:

Persona

« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2008, 01:02:28 AM »
Warsaw at night.

I love sleeping cities.  Everything is so peaceful and empty.

Feel like sneaking out again.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2008, 03:54:25 AM »
me too.  i love wandering around places in the dark.  can't do it very often, of course, cos it still ain't safe.

Reclaim The Night!

Sophgay

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2008, 05:22:42 AM »
dont ever wander round manchester in the middle of the night

i love it when its dark
if i get rid of my social anxiety, i'd be tempted to go out all the time at night

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2008, 07:02:29 AM »
dont ever wander round manchester in the middle of the night

i used to, years ago, when i was a student there.  piccadilly at 4 in the morning is bloody great  the architecture round there and its environs is stunning.

Sophgay

« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2008, 07:04:24 AM »
if it weren't for the people, i would want to. but i'm too much of a coward to go out round here at night :laugh:

haven't been to piccadilly in ages
i'm always on oxford road because of university
when i go back, i'm going to try and walk up to the end near central library one day and see where i end up - my social anxiety isn't as bad now

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2008, 07:06:59 AM »
if it weren't for the people, i would want to. but i'm too much of a coward to go out round here at night :laugh:

haven't been to piccadilly in ages
i'm always on oxford road because of university
when i go back, i'm going to try and walk up to the end near central library one day and see where i end up - my social anxiety isn't as bad now

are you studying at what used to be manchester poly?  cos that's where i went!  :cheer:  john dalton building, scientist that i was...

Sophgay

« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2008, 07:10:58 AM »
yeah that's where i am :orly:
lol i think i've been in John Dalton once (that sounds weird... obviously i mean the building :P )
but i am in Geoffrey Manton building. i think that was only built in 1992 though
i love being at this uni though for history, because we have a shitload of old books in our library, and loads of the Manchester Guardian to go through. you see it on some historical programs sometimes, because we have such a large local image collection. which is all good for me because i think i want to focus on Manchester in third year (still stuck between that and WWII)

i will shut up about history now though :laugh:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2008, 07:12:26 AM »
yeah that's where i am :orly:
lol i think i've been in John Dalton once (that sounds weird... obviously i mean the building :P )
but i am in Geoffrey Manton building. i think that was only built in 1992 though
i love being at this uni though for history, because we have a shitload of old books in our library, and loads of the Manchester Guardian to go through. you see it on some historical programs sometimes, because we have such a large local image collection. which is all good for me because i think i want to focus on Manchester in third year (still stuck between that and WWII)

i will shut up about history now though :laugh:

i always tried to use Central Library, cos it's beautiful and old and smells of books.  the new-fangled ply library left me completely cold.  horrible, modern thing.

Sophgay

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »
i love old building
with modern ones, it depends which
i like the one i'm in at uni know, but some of them i really hate. especially when they tear down old buildings to replace them with fucking awful modern monstrosities that look like shite.
what i hate though is buildings built in the 70s
they make me feel ill sometimes. a psych told me it's to do with AS and how autistic people can feel differently about places, but i think i just hate anything from the 70s :laugh:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2008, 07:20:29 AM »
you should've been there, in the 70s, that is.  it wasn't any better the first time round, believe me.  :laugh:

i just like old things.  as much of my furniture as poss is antique oak.  i was born in the wrong century, so i'm told.

Sophgay

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2008, 07:24:02 AM »
i like old things, or new things. nothing in between.
btw i know that doesn't make sense ^ :laugh: i mean either REALLY old things, or really new things

i like collecting old stuff
i have postcards, maps and prints mainly. and a couple of old newspapers and stuff

Persona

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
me too.  i love wandering around places in the dark.  can't do it very often, of course, cos it still ain't safe.

Reclaim The Night!

However weird it may sound, I feel safer at night.  It relaxes me  :laugh:  Whenever I feel stressed, I take a night walk to blow off steam.

Usually meet interesting people as well.

Was only scared once, in Croatia but that was because to get to the town you had to walk through a forest/beach area and that freaked me out  :zoinks:

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »
The beaches in Croatia do look spooky, so close to the woods like that.  I have friends who vacation there.

I actually prefer loud and busy cities at night, like Madrid. There's something about having things going on around me while I'm asleep that makes me feel safe and secure.  I also love the idea of going out at 2:00 am and seeing lots of people out drinking and having a good time.  When I know an entire city is asleep, that's when I get depressed and claustrophobic.  I hate holidays, when stores are closed and no one is out and about.
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn