Author Topic: Ahayes  (Read 6063 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Ahayes
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »
It is a very sad that people do not know about Steve Vai.   Next thing, I will find out people don't know who Joe Satriani is.

I always did the best I possibly could for them.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
It is a very sad that people do not know about Steve Vai.   Next thing, I will find out people don't know who Joe Satriani is.

I always did the best I possibly could for them.

I see that you did, its just they seem to miss your recommendations on great guitarists.   The masses aren't into guitar solos.   That is why Mr. Tony Macalpine is so underappreciated as well.

:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2008, 07:31:29 PM »
This shows how is is also badass at piano/keyboards as well.   

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2008, 07:50:46 PM »
Tony Macalpine and Steve Vai jamming.    I am spamming this thread with guitar wanking.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2008, 11:56:55 PM »

HELL, keep it up! I have not seen these (it takes me forever to load vids -   :'( ).

Not many know of this master, either (I remember him from M.A.R.S.). Anyone who has followed Siro should also know this guy, though. They are awesome together.

Sadly, I don't have much of his own music. I only have  Eyes Of the World  and  Madness,  plus some taped jams.

I meant that they both inspired me to do my best with my sound gear, back when I was touring. It was through doing Whitesnake concerts that I first worked with Siro (SV) and later met Giuseppe (JS).

It was not all killer rock shows though, on the road (proving I was also in it for the money). I did lots of commercial bands, too, like towards the end of Tears For Fears, KC and the Sunshine Band (my ALL TIME favorite funk band, until the shitty frontman and his acre of backing vocalists show up on stage, FFS), some glam metal, like Stryper, GnR, Winger but also some really COOL (!!) shows, too like Quincy Jones, Brecker Brothers, and (believe it or not) John Williams and The Boston Pops Orchestra (ever heard the Star Wars theme played live, through a powerful PA system? :D).
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2008, 12:13:35 AM »
The whole series of the 60th anniversary for Carvin guitars/amps is just Tony Macapline and Steve Vai jamming it seems.   Fucking badass.
same show:

Devil's Slingshot with Billy Sheehan on bass

Tears of Sahara:

him just playing piano:

Tony doing some Chopin:Etude#4 Opus#10

I actually have his entire discography btw... same goes for Vai and Satriani lol
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:35:02 AM by Alex179 »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2008, 12:30:42 AM »

I actually have his entire discography btw... same goes for Vai and Satriani lol
Carver were once the little amps that you carried as spares (without cases - you just tossed them somewhere) in case something fucked up.
:D
You mean "Carvin," right?

OK, now you've inspired me. Actually I'm fucking jealous. I need to complete my collection of Tony MacAlpine!!!

SO MUCH MUSIC! SO LITTLE TIME!

I do have all of Siro and Giuseppe and some you've never heard, I'll bet.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:32:13 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2008, 12:34:34 AM »
I meant Carvin lol.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2008, 12:44:16 AM »
Robert Fripp
Adrian Belew
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Reeves Gabrels
Glenn Phillips
Phil Manzanera
John Fahey
Zoogz Rift
Jeff Beck
Dave Mustaine
and those are just the first 10 that came to mind...
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2008, 12:49:18 AM »
Fripp and Belew were both awesome in King Crimson.

SRV was a blues powerhouse.   Jeff Beck is a fave as well as far as bluesy stuff goes.

I love Megadeth so of course I like Mustaine.

I like Tony Macalpine because he is better than almost everyone on guitar and piano/keyboards lol.   Just flawless, tons of speed and grace.  The guy has impeccable phrasing and tone when he plays slow and deceptively simple stuff.   Fully capable of playing every style and genre.   Definitely not a one trick pony, if you listen to all of his stuff, he is a true virtuoso.

Alan Holdsworth is a super beast.   John Petrucci is awesome as well.  I don't care for Michael Angelo Batio's songwriting, but he is amazing too.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2008, 02:16:11 AM »
Fripp and Belew were both awesome in King Crimson.

They still are.

I like Tony Macalpine because he is better than almost everyone on guitar and piano/keyboards lol.   Just flawless, tons of speed and grace.  The guy has impeccable phrasing and tone when he plays slow and deceptively simple stuff.   Fully capable of playing every style and genre.   Definitely not a one trick pony, if you listen to all of his stuff, he is a true virtuoso.

Alan Holdsworth is a super beast.   John Petrucci is awesome as well.  I don't care for Michael Angelo Batio's songwriting, but he is amazing too.

QFT. Holdsworth is stunning. As good as John McLaughlin.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2009, 02:21:41 PM »
I wish ahayes came back, was fun annoying the stupid nigger-nosed cunt. I remember how I constantly bullied him on ZOMG. :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »
I wish ahayes came back, was fun annoying the stupid nigger-nosed cunt. I remember how I constantly bullied him on ZOMG. :zoinks:
Ah the good old days.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »
Is he gone from there too?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2009, 05:24:41 PM »
He occasionally posts now and then there, but he seems to be keeping his head low as of late. He knows once he peeks from the trench, he's going to be shot at. :zoinks: