Educational

Author Topic: Castro resignation  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Castro resignation
« on: February 19, 2008, 10:12:10 AM »

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Castro resignation
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:24:37 AM »
About damn time.   I have heard nothing positive from Cubans that have moved here about him.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
About damn time.   I have heard nothing positive from Cubans that have moved here about him.
:zoinks:

Yeah, of course not. Those who left, fled.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 10:36:49 AM »
:zoinks:

Yeah, of course not. Those who left, fled.
It isn't like he held actual elections that weren't rigged.  There was great respectful about the guy and his methods of wealth redistribution.

The people that fled have varied in how well they have done over here.   My fraternity brother's family did very well after they came here, and would freely talk about how you are limited income wise in Cuba.   Basically you can get paid for being a lazy ass who is unmotivated, while the hard workers earn the same.   They get paid now for their hard work in the US. 

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:41:56 AM »
Some aren't capable of seeing that there
is something more in life than money.

That's why capitalism persists.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »
Some aren't capable of seeing that there
is something more in life than money.

That's why capitalism persists.
The world is run off of currency, always has been.   Either that or a bartering system for goods and services.   Doctors work technically should earn more than a janitor, either in currency or in traded goods or services.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
janitors are as important as doctors. without the cleaners and trash caretakers and all these invisible people that take care of other people's shit, we'd be fucked up the ass with a mayfuckingpole. i can't say enough how much i appreciate people who do that work.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 11:09:03 AM »
janitors are as important as doctors. without the cleaners and trash caretakers and all these invisible people that take care of other people's shit, we'd be fucked up the ass with a mayfuckingpole. i can't say enough how much i appreciate people who do that work.
They don't have to go through the training required to do the job.   My father has a client that is a neurosurgeon, and that guy should be paid more than the person who does roofing.   He operates on the human brain, you have to have beyond steady hands and proper training to do that.   It isn't the same as a trade or just cleaning.   Doctors can save lives.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 11:13:38 AM »
and without cleaners people would die. :toporly:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 11:16:01 AM »
and without cleaners people would die. :toporly:
They would clean shit themselves.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »
not public shit. you think people would take their trashbags all the way to the ...place they take trash bags... themselves? or clean public buildings? or clean public toilets after they made a mess? people only have time for themselves.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 11:23:43 AM »
not public shit. you think people would take their trashbags all the way to the ...place they take trash bags... themselves? or clean public buildings? or clean public toilets after they made a mess? people only have time for themselves.
Of course not, it is a job nobody wants to do but most people can do.    Most people can't be doctors, and would fail miserably if they were to even try.

People are selfish, you should realize this by now.   That is why everyone won't be treated the same, and why even in a supposedly communist system... people will still be treated differently according to their importance.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 11:33:46 AM »
 :'(

:P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 11:34:31 AM »
i have OCD so cleaning would be the hardest job for me. i guess i take it personally. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

richard

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »
wow. i guess i need to watch the news more, last time i heard about him he was gonna die or something