Author Topic: People Who Choose To Not Be Vegetarian.  (Read 8648 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: People Who Choose To Not Be Vegetarian.
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »
OK, now I'm interested. Tell me more.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2014, 01:12:52 AM »
It's been pretty quiet here, lately. :-\

Is that why we are elevating eight year old threads to the forefront?

I passed over this many years ago because of it being so lame.

Not only do I eat lots of meat, I (only recently have I become so hunterly, again,  but) kill the things I eat.

I guess it IS quiet here.

I get the feeling that people are lurking.

I know that I'm very busy, in real life, and so I don't have the time to post as much as I would like.

Me too.   Way too busy.

I wish I had more time. I have so much to share.
That pic looks like a small boy killing a Canadian goose.  I am sure I am wrong. I have (wished I had, but never had the guts to have) broken the law a few times and taken Canadian geese. They are delicious (as I have been told) and NOT endangered as some profess them to be. There are literally hundreds of thousands in our area. It is no different from taking a tame chicken for the frying pan.

You just walk up with a cracker in one hand to entice and a knife in the other. Toss the head out for the fish which you want to keep close to the shore for the spring when fishing is better. I eat meat.  All kinds.

EDITED to preserve legal deniability.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 02:03:38 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »

This applies is two ways to the thread
1  It is indeed quiet here lately
2  I have been recently reintroduced to just how good fresh ducks and geese taste after getting them from my brother the great white hunter.  I liked it so much I promised him I would take the coarse to get my hunting  license and go with him in the fall when the season opens again, something he has been bugging me to do for years.
Since CBC is not online, and Semi is not here to channel her:

Parts, you could have made two posts out of this one.

Two posts?  He could have posted the picture and each point separately!  :hamsterwheel:  He could even describe the guns for PPK.  :cbc:

I will pray for his soul.  :M
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2014, 12:48:02 AM »

Not only do I eat lots of meat, I (only recently have I become so hunterly, again,  but) kill the things I eat.

I know that I'm very busy, in real life, and so I don't have the time to post as much as I would like.

I haven't seen many occasional regulars stop by, with the recent exception of Eclair. I have seen lurkers. :ninja:

I suspect that some of the traffic is going to ASDC and AFN. :GA:

We could start some AFF drama to entertain you. :zoinks:

That would be quite a feat, considering that it's been a while since they closed it down.

AFF was around for a long time, and a lot happened on it.

Perhaps I could threaten to reveal the many secrets of AFF, such as the Gareth/Amy/Bloke love triangle. :zoinks:

This would interest me too :P

It interests all of us. Perhaps that's the secret of the Aspie Overlord, and the source of all AFF drama. :tinfoil:

OK, now I'm interested. Tell me more.

If you want the juicy details, you should ask Sir Les. :P
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2014, 06:38:16 AM »
I've had the opportunity to try both goose and duck. Didn't like either of them. They both have a similar gaminess. Real heavy livery taste to em.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »

Me too.   Way too busy.

I wish I had more time. I have so much to share.
That pic looks like a small boy killing a Canadian goose.  I am sure I am wrong. I have (wished I had, but never had the guts to have) broken the law a few times and taken Canadian geese. They are delicious (as I have been told) and NOT endangered as some profess them to be. There are literally hundreds of thousands in our area. It is no different from taking a tame chicken for the frying pan.

You just walk up with a cracker in one hand to entice and a knife in the other. Toss the head out for the fish which you want to keep close to the shore for the spring when fishing is better. I eat meat.  All kinds.

EDITED to preserve legal deniability.

My ornithology professor in college use to joke about harvesting Canada geese with a loaf of bread in one hand and a sickle in the other :2thumbsup:  The only bird he hated more was mute swans which in North America are an introduced species and aggressively push out native ones.  The breast meat from a Canada goose is dark meat that has the texture and taste of London broil :drool: I have one in my freezer now

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2014, 07:44:21 PM »
In my opinion, whatever helps you escape the throttle and control of the destructive "system" is a wise choice.

For some people eating meat is best (esp if they live up in the arctic or poor soil areas where growing vegetables is extremely difficult or impossible). There are hunting techniques which actually improve the habitat --- "predator hunting" is NOT one of them btw. The techniques I speak of are watching a herd and hunting the slowest or most vulnerable one. This helps the herd stay strong and is the way wolves, lions, and other predators hunt. Humans learn to hunt from predators, and by imitating their strategies we do not harm the balance of life. In the past when we have over-hunted animals it was generally due to a change in climate and thus change in habitat altogether, or a change in technology which we "over-did"...

For some people growing veggies is more helpful, especially when coupled with habitat restoration or forestation, such as the planting techniques in the amazon and other forest communities. Reforestation can also be achieved with good ranching/herding technique, esp in places like Africa and middle east where over grazing is a common side effect of forcefully settling normally nomadic herders.

Again, when we domesticated herds of animals, we watched how they would graze and imitated it albeit with a bit of breeding and taming. By imitating natural grazing patterns we did not change the landscape in terribly dramatic or harmful ways. Nowadays keeping large herds in limited spaces and allowing the animals to over-graze the area we do manage to change the landscape in harmful ways.

Now throughout history, there have been people who prefer not to eat meat for various reasons...a common reason is that they do not prefer to kill animals. I don't think this type of compassion is abnormal... but there are people who also compassionately eat animals....seems like an oxymoron, but it isn't when you consider the picture it paints in terms of nature and balance of life.

:flyingbat:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2014, 10:55:29 AM »
I eat meat because I simply couldn't exist on a vegetarian diet. I can't tolerate vegetable foods for sensory reasons partly, and partly because everything else about them just makes me retch.

I remember being forced in my lfa school to eat some of that vegetable-based crap, and immediately rushing to the shitter to throw up. It was quite literally less traumatic coming back up than going down. Even the thought makes me shudder and my stomach do backflips.

If my folks are cooking veg, especially brassicas, then I can't stay in the kitchen while its cooking, the stench is hideous.

Fruit is fine, except for pitahaya, horned melon (tastes EXACTLY like tomatoes) and dragon fruit. Not too fond of sharon fruit either, although I can eat them if hungry and its what is there in front of me, but I wouldn't buy any for myself.

But I'll eat bananas, passion fruit, and especially their larger relative, the grenadilla like no tomorrow. And fresh oranges. My old man just brought back a big bag of oranges from his shopping. Took me probably less than 5 minutes to scoff the entire lot. And lemons/limes, I'll eat those fresh too just like an orange, I like citrus in general. I have a pretty voracious appetite when it comes to fruit in general. But I do love a nice big fat juicy slab of fried dead cow, saturated in soy sauce, tabasco, brown sauce and liberally covered in a mixture of black pepper, peppery boletus (A poroid mushroom that grows in association with silver birch trees, and has a quite potent degree of fiery heat, thats unique and quite different to chilli peppers or black pepper, unfortunately not at all a commercially sold species, although quite common here in the UK; so if people want any they must harvest their own. And powdered fly agaric mushroom. An essential in chilli (having that tonight) and on steaks for my taste.

Or best of all, a fiery spice-saturated gravy made with morels. Very, very expensive to buy and not easy to find either. But they get my vote, dried or fresh as one of the very best of the best of all edible fungi, at least all that I've tried, which is saying something considering how many weird, and occasionally wonderful oddball mushrooms I've tried munching on.

Whilst I care very little for store-standard bland Agaricus spp. I'll eat  them, but I have an absolutely huge appetite for wild mushrooms, my favourites being morels, parasol mushrooms, giant puffball, some other puffballs, esp. the genus Calvatia and some of the larger Bovista spp., sulfur polypore, Edible boletes, waxcaps....there is a very long list of other, less impressive but still very tasty stuff out there waiting to be picked and munched on. Not to mention though a few truly disgusting ones. I won't forget the time I tried stinkhorn eggs. I was up all night, sick as a dog,  throwing up repeatedly. Never, ever again. Those are edible IMO, only on the technical fine distinction between actually containing poisons, and merely awful beyond belief and horrendous on the insides.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:42:19 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »
I like a good steak. If people want to limit themselves to vegetables, fine, as long as they leave me in peace.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2014, 04:30:52 AM »
The more veggies there are, the better (as long as they don't start going out and discovering my favourite mushroom harvesting spots that is....keep away from my parasol and chanterelle patches yeh bunch of anaemic, broccoli-munching gits!!! If I catch some 7-stone vegan organic fairtrade fruitcake making off with my puffballs there will be murder afoot and my next (saprobic) mushroom grow efforts will be using some suspiciously high-protein substrate additives...............)

That just means all the more steaks for me :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2014, 07:41:51 AM »
The more veggies there are, the better (as long as they don't start going out and discovering my favourite mushroom harvesting spots that is....keep away from my parasol and chanterelle patches yeh bunch of anaemic, broccoli-munching gits!!! If I catch some 7-stone vegan organic fairtrade fruitcake making off with my puffballs there will be murder afoot and my next (saprobic) mushroom grow efforts will be using some suspiciously high-protein substrate additives...............)

That just means all the more steaks for me :)

:lol1:

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2014, 07:03:48 PM »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »
 :santa:

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2014, 05:03:26 PM »

Hi EBM, did you only fly by for this one post, or will you be around a bit more?

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2014, 10:53:17 PM »
He should come back. I like his posts.

- Albert Einstein