Author Topic: What's the brattiest thing you did to your grandma?  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What's the brattiest thing you did to your grandma?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »
I honestly don't remember  :LOL:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 09:21:40 PM »
I don't remember doing anything to my grandma either.  :dunno: It's totally possible I was just bratty by default.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 03:54:53 AM »
Aside from the bubble-bath bathroom holocaust I once caused (it was one hell of a mess and she was NOT pleased about it) as a little 'un, the only thing I can think of, is perhaps, and its clutching at the thinnest of straws, bringing back huge sacks of mushrooms to her place to sort through and separate the edible from the liberty caps that grew in profusion out on the yorkshire hills in the village she used to live in.

Used to use the visits as opportunities to pick shrooms, lots of shrooms, although she never expressed any interest in trying them, if she knew what they even were. And brought back (and had to use her tables to sort through and pick out the tastiest species and most prime specimens) bags upon bags of waxcaps (Hygrocybe, and some Hygrophorus genus), mushrooms that have, as the name suggests, a waxy feel to the cap, especially when moist, in almost all species. There are one or two toxic ones, although not dangerous. Upset stomach level of poisonous, many vividly colored ones and quite a few, such as the meadow waxcap, Camaryllophorus pratensis syn Hygrophorus pratensis, and H.cocinnea, H.punicea, the scarlet waxcap and scarlet hood, respectively, all three of which grow to a respectable size with a view to going into the cooking pot, and are excellent eating. H.punicea and C.pratensis especially, fried in butter with just a pinch of sea salt are delicious. The closest to bratty, bathroom filled with foam aside, that I got with her, was either the sheer quantity of waxcaps and other delicacies that I had to sort through and clean and in the meantime, stack her kitchen table with, or not faking gratitude and not giving a bogus 'oh how wonderful' when one of her xmas gifts to me as a kid was a britney fucking spears CD. NOT my cup of tea when it comes to music. About as far from it, bar gangsta rap about bitches niggers bling turf war shootings and hoes, as it is humanly possible to ever get, as far as my taste in music goes. Not her fault, she had no idea. Just tried. But all the same, I couldn't fake enjoyment of that. Put it in my portable CD player, headphones on, headphones on head, and didn't bother putting batteries in or playing it. Wouldn't do it in front of her, but it got snapped in half and binned when I got back home. She tried, she just failed utterly. But I did wait until she was no longer present to dispose of the offending article in question. For something old school, if needed, something like blue oyster cult, steppenwolf or black sabbath would have been more like it.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 10:43:42 AM »
Nicking her cane, and then walk her walk, using that cane, mocking her. That is what my brother and I did now and then as young kids. She would in return now and then ambush us, using that same cane as a pretend rifle.

My other gran, there was no need to be bratty there. She had the coolest chores for us, like burning the rubbish.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »
LOL hyke. xD.

Sounds like your first gran, the cane one, didn't take it badly at all, if she returned the fuckabout in kind.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
LOL hyke. xD.

Sounds like your first gran, the cane one, didn't take it badly at all, if she returned the fuckabout in kind.

They both had a good sense of humour.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »
I don't remember doing anything to my grandma either.  :dunno: It's totally possible I was just bratty by default.  :zoinks:

All I remember was her getting really mean when I told her I didn't like Smoked Ham.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »
I was a pretty insufferable brat to my grandma at times. We used to bake birthday cakes together. She taught me how to bake and ice cakes. But when she got older and I was a preteen/early teen, she wasn't as on the ball anymore, she got slow and dithery. I was rude to her about it, interrupting her and practically pushing her out of the way when we were working "together" on cakes. My mother was even in the room and didn't stop me, which kind of amazed me at the time. I never got told off for rudeness or impatience and my grandma just kind of gave up and sat out.

:-[
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 05:56:00 AM »

All I remember was her getting really mean when I told her I didn't like Smoked Ham.

She worked all day cooking that ham, young man!  :rollingpin: :sandmage:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 06:00:23 AM »
I was a pretty insufferable brat to my grandma at times. We used to bake birthday cakes together. She taught me how to bake and ice cakes. But when she got older and I was a preteen/early teen, she wasn't as on the ball anymore, she got slow and dithery. I was rude to her about it, interrupting her and practically pushing her out of the way when we were working "together" on cakes. My mother was even in the room and didn't stop me, which kind of amazed me at the time. I never got told off for rudeness or impatience and my grandma just kind of gave up and sat out.

:-[

Dementia sucks.  It's hard to see the person you knew fading away.  :hug:

My mother sassed her grandmother once, and got the back of her mother's hand.  Old-school!  :slap:

People forget.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »

Um no.... she was going through severe hearing loss, and memory issues then.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2017, 06:26:10 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that.  Dementia sucks.  My father was very deaf in his last years, that sucks too.  :(

People forget.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 01:13:06 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that.  Dementia sucks.  My father was very deaf in his last years, that sucks too.  :(

Dad is going through hearing issues, as well as having a 4th stent on his heart. Surpisingly enough he is only going to be 58.