Author Topic: 7th Generation Console Wars  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: 7th Generation Console Wars
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2008, 02:19:50 PM »
Fun fact, I live down the road from Nintendo Australia. (You may worship me now)

Depends, can you get me in?

Yup! They got doors and everything there.

Man that Nintendo, they thought of everthing! :insane:

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »
I know everyone likes to quote Goldeneye64 as the 1st console game that got FPS right on consoles, but I like to cite Turok on the N64 that got the controls right. If you used the control scheme of Turok on Goldeneye (forget what that setup was called), then it was awesome. Used the yellow C buttons for strafe left/right and forward/back, with the analogue stick as mouselook.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »
Anyhow, here's some Probotector:
As I said; flashy, glitzy and devoid of character.
Biased muppet.  :wanker:
Why don't you try coming up with a good case before you act like an indifferent tosser who thinks his opinion on computer games is fucking gospel.
I played both systems, and I don't favour one over the other. You're missing a lot of priceless gems that way.

I've played both systems too.  I played on a friend's Sega Mega Drive sometimes while I was in primary school, and at one point, a friend of my sister, who was studying for his exams at uni, lent me his Sega Mega Drive so that he wouldn't be distracted by it.  I played it on and off for a few months, and I found the games in his collection to have an arcade feel to them, with an emphasis on fancy graphics, fast paced action and quick gratification, which didn't appeal to me at all.  I've always found Sega games very forgettable.  While the SNES also had bad games, only a minority of the games I've played for the SNES have been what I'd consider severely lacking and many have been highly enjoyable and memorable, while all the games I've played on the Sega Mega Drive have failed to hold my interest.  If Sega games are your thing, good for you; I've yet to find one that does anything for me.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
I think the SNES suffered the same fate as the PlayStation 1&2 and Possibly now the Wii. Being the popular System at the time, they are subject to being littered with a ton of crap quickly made games just to cash in on the said systems popularity. Doesnt mean those systems didnt have their gems.

Super Mario World FTW!!!  :green:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »
When my PS2 stops working, I'm getting a PS3. Not worth getting the second one again if the third one plays DVDs and the first two playstation games.

I downloaded my first game on Wii. It was Mario Kart 64. I have been wanting to play it but at one of the stores here, it was 29.99 and I thought forget it if I can get the game on Wii for ten bucks since it costs 1000 points to download it and it costs ten dollars to buy that many points.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »
Depends, can you get me in?

Yup! They got doors and everything there.

Man that Nintendo, they thought of everthing! :insane:

:laugh:

Asshole.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 09:13:44 PM »
Master System FTW.

Did anyone have an MSX?
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »
When my PS2 stops working, I'm getting a PS3. Not worth getting the second one again if the third one plays DVDs and the first two playstation games.

I downloaded my first game on Wii. It was Mario Kart 64. I have been wanting to play it but at one of the stores here, it was 29.99 and I thought forget it if I can get the game on Wii for ten bucks since it costs 1000 points to download it and it costs ten dollars to buy that many points.

If you PC is good enough, you could download Project64 and then download the ROM of Mario Kart 64. I bought myself a wired XBOX 360 Controller (Has normal USB connector) and set up the emulator to use that. I found a torrent of every Nintendo64 ROM ever (about 5gig) N64-full I think it was called, unpacked to like 40gig.

I also have VisualBoyAdvance, which emulates Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance. I also have a shitload of ROMs for that as well, pretty much all except the really latest, cos i haven't got off my lazy arse and downloaded them yet.

Then there is Snes9x which obviously emulates a Super Nintendo. Got a bunch of ROMs for that as well.

And all these run off my XBOX 360 Controller  :green: