Author Topic: 7th Generation Console Wars  (Read 2021 times)

The_P

Re: 7th Generation Console Wars
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 09:12:25 AM »
I remember playing a Rainbow Six title on the Playstation, and it was effing shite.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 09:15:11 AM »
I am enjoying my Xbox360 quite a bit.   Mass Effect was awesome.   The Devil May Cry 4 demo is fun, and Lost Odyssey comes out next month as well.   I am eagerly awaiting the release of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, as are my friends.   The PS3 is alright, I will buy one eventually.   I am not sure when I will get a Wii, I thought I would buy one when Mario Galaxy was released, but I have held out thus far.

The red lights of doom are bad, thankfully MS sent me a new 360 pretty quickly when it happened to me.
Do you ever use the marketplace to rent movies?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 09:16:07 AM »
I remember playing a Rainbow Six title on the Playstation, and it was effing shite.
Back then I wouldn't be caught dead playing a FPS on a console.  It has always been a PC franchise to me.   They changed the control scheme with Vegas though and included a cover system.   Every other version of Vegas is just a port of the 360 version.   The PS3 and PC versions of RS: Vegas are shitty and glitchy compared to the 360 version.   It is a shame they fucked up the PC version, because that is where they got their start.
:P   Internets are super serious.

GalileoAce

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 09:17:20 AM »
I am enjoying my Xbox360 quite a bit.   Mass Effect was awesome.   The Devil May Cry 4 demo is fun, and Lost Odyssey comes out next month as well.   I am eagerly awaiting the release of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, as are my friends.   The PS3 is alright, I will buy one eventually.   I am not sure when I will get a Wii, I thought I would buy one when Mario Galaxy was released, but I have held out thus far.

The red lights of doom are bad, thankfully MS sent me a new 360 pretty quickly when it happened to me.

I too am looking forward to RB6V2. I'm one of the lucky few to have never gotten the RROD.

The_P

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 09:17:34 AM »
Back then I wouldn't be caught dead playing a FPS on a console.  It has always been a PC franchise to me.   They changed the control scheme with Vegas though and included a cover system.   Every other version of Vegas is just a port of the 360 version.   The PS3 and PC versions of RS: Vegas are shitty and glitchy compared to the 360 version.   It is a shame they fucked up the PC version, because that is where they got their start.

I enjoyed playing Duke Nukem and Quake on the Saturn though.

But yeah, FPS should be exclusive for PCs only.

Think of the loss of profits, man! The profits!

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »

I did a couple of times, and it worked well enough.  My dad has Blockbuster Total Access, which kind of renders it obsolete in a way since he gets unlimited rentals and has such a gigantic selection.  

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »
Back then I wouldn't be caught dead playing a FPS on a console.  It has always been a PC franchise to me.   They changed the control scheme with Vegas though and included a cover system.   Every other version of Vegas is just a port of the 360 version.   The PS3 and PC versions of RS: Vegas are shitty and glitchy compared to the 360 version.   It is a shame they fucked up the PC version, because that is where they got their start.

It is all about the accuracy of aiming with a mouse versus using a analog controller for aiming.   Nothing beats a good optical mouse for headshots.

The_P

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 09:19:48 AM »

It is all about the accuracy of aiming with a mouse versus using a analog controller for aiming.   Nothing beats a good optical mouse for headshots.

Not when you're left-handed. Everything is catered to the righties these days.

GalileoAce

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »
Australia doesn't even get the Video Marketplace. Nor have we got that Inside Xbox news thingy recently launched.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »
Australia doesn't even get the Video Marketplace. Nor have we got that Inside Xbox news thingy recently launched.
You aren't missing out on that much imo.   Its all about the games for me.   IPTV though looks like it will be hot shit.   IPTV for 360 launches in Europe first from what I read.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »

There are mouses that are for lefties, you know.   That and ones that are designed to be ambidextrous.   

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 09:27:34 AM »

I did a couple of times, and it worked well enough.  My dad has Blockbuster Total Access, which kind of renders it obsolete in a way since he gets unlimited rentals and has such a gigantic selection.   
HAve you just gotten regular movies or HD?

GalileoAce

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 09:31:59 AM »
You aren't missing out on that much imo.   Its all about the games for me.   IPTV though looks like it will be hot shit.   IPTV for 360 launches in Europe first from what I read.

Yeah I know, but the region-locking and NA-centric nature of M$ pisses me off sometimes.

The_P

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 09:35:53 AM »

There are mouses that are for lefties, you know.   That and ones that are designed to be ambidextrous.   

I know. I'm just being awkward.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2008, 09:45:11 AM »

I did a couple of times, and it worked well enough.  My dad has Blockbuster Total Access, which kind of renders it obsolete in a way since he gets unlimited rentals and has such a gigantic selection.   
HAve you just gotten regular movies or HD?
Both and the HD versions are worth it to a degree.   The HD stuff is 720p though and not 1080i/p from what I remember.   I don't like how you only get the movie for a day really, but at least you can watch it more than once.   Stuff like Netflix and Blockbuster Total Access are better imo.   I would rather have the actual disk in hand and not have to pay extra to watch the movie on a different day.   When I was downloading movies, it made me wish I had the 120GB HD and not the 20GB that came with my 360.   I bet the IPTV functionality is only for the 120GB Elite 360s.

My dad has an upscaling DVD player that does the job fairly well.   I still haven't convinced him to get a Blu-Ray player for his 1080p HDTV.   The 1080i set upstairs just has a progressive scan DVD player, but it works fine for most of our movie watching purposes.   He just has an insane home theater setup for sound, we covered the walls in soundproofing foam to make it even better.