Educational

Author Topic: 7th Generation Console Wars  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
7th Generation Console Wars
« on: January 29, 2008, 03:29:33 AM »
I ordered my Play station 3 on Saturday. it comes with Ghost Recon and rainbow 6 and a stupid Spiderman Blu-ray movie. I have a whole whack of other money I'm gonna spend on other games like Resistance Fall Of Man, Oblivion, Ratchet and Clank:Tools of destruction.

I can't wait until Home comes out in the spring! it's totally free right from the PS3 and has Sims like gameplay. I can invite my freinds from the Beatles forums to my virtual home and we can party to Beatles music!
thats just how cool the PS3 is.

To me Nintendo Wii is a novelty and has too much baby games and the Xbox 360 doesn't apeal to me because I had the original Xbox and was not very impressed by it.

I know theres a lot of bitching over the internet to what console is the best but I just think it's all opinionated.

PS3 has a free online network as long as you have an internet connection but with Xbox live you have to pay. The Wii is lots of fun but Nintendo is having problems with the shortages. Everyone is more exited about The Wii because it has the new revolutionary sensory remote but and its the CHEAPEST system out of the 7th generation consoles and appeals more to kids and parents can afford the system and have a choice of E rated games to buy for their kids.

In my opinion, PS3 will own. Not right now it will, l but when more amazing things like Home come out for it and the whole wii cabbage patch craze goes down yes the PS3 will be the best but still there will be many loyal 360 plays mainly because of the Halo trilogy.
Park.

The_P

Re: 7th Generation Console Wars
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:33:57 AM »
I refrain from getting involved into petty console zeal -- it bores the shit out of me.

I grew out of that phase since I turned 14.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 03:38:52 AM by Bullseye »

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:36:18 AM »
I refrain from getting involved into petty console zeal -- it bores the shit out of me.

I grew out of that phase since I was 14.

*agrees*
!!Super atomic enema!!

The_P

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 03:42:06 AM »
Benoit hates Sony with a passion, so I'm going to invite him over for teh lulz.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 04:50:34 AM »
I remember when it was Nintendo vs Sega.  Sega had crap games; flashy, glitzy and devoid of character.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 04:52:08 AM »
It had the monsters wrecking the
city one. I liked that.

The_P

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 05:11:25 AM »
I remember when it was Nintendo vs Sega.  Sega had crap games; flashy, glitzy and devoid of character.

Clearly you haven't played Streets of Rage 2, Shining Force II, Phantasy Star IV, Gunstar Heroes, Probotector (aptly titled "Contra: Hard Corps" in Japan & US), Alisa Dragoon, or Alien Soldier. If you did, you would retract that statement.

And Thunder Force IV was a Floly shoot 'em up.

Anyhow, here's some Probotector:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:15:12 AM by White Men Don't Hump »

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 05:18:23 AM »
Anyone who says The Wii a Novelty and has baby games is immature. Enough said on that one.

Fact is, I'm 35 and I own the Nintendo Wii. The control system isnt a novelty, its bringing gaming back to human terms, you use movements instead of non-intuitive button mashing. Now its non-intuitive arm thrashing  :green:

But seriously, you dont have to keep your hands cramped up together like with regular controllers, you can have them at a natural distance from each other.

The supply prob isnt that bad here is Australia, but as usual, advertising is crap and retail catalogues as usual are pushing sony and xbox and forgetting nintendo. Same with media.

Fun fact, I live down the road from Nintendo Australia. (You may worship me now)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 05:57:16 AM »

As I said; flashy, glitzy and devoid of character.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

GalileoAce

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 06:07:01 AM »
I own numerous game systems. I would own a PS3, but they're too damn expensive with little games. Maybe when MGS4 is out I'll look into it. But it's online is pathetic at the moment too. That's why I own a 360.

The_P

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:08:20 AM »

Biased muppet.  :wanker:

Why don't you try coming up with a good case before you act like an indifferent tosser who thinks his opinion on computer games is fucking gospel.

I played both systems, and I don't favour one over the other. You're missing a lot of priceless gems that way.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:13:29 AM by White Men Don't Hump »

GalileoAce

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 06:16:16 AM »
Why don't you try coming up with a good case before you act like an indifferent tosser who thinks his opinion on computer games is fucking gospel.
I played both systems, and I don't favour one over the other. You're missing a lot of priceless gems that way.

WTF?

The_P

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 06:22:10 AM »

WTF?

My point is that a super-duper console might have a shit collection of games, while an inferior console has some fun titles to play.

So while the Mega Drive has its share of bad apples, so does the Super Nintendo.

Soph

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 06:36:58 AM »
I have a Nintendo Wii

GalileoAce

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 06:37:58 AM »
Was your "biased muppet" comment referring to my comments on PS3 or Peter's on Probotector?