Educational

Author Topic: Who do you admire?  (Read 883 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Who do you admire?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 02:21:29 AM »
Stephen Fry.  :M
I watched him deal with depression while he was making his documentary, The Secret Life of Manic Depression. And of course he is great on QI.

I also admire Kayleigh's dad. He is among the most personable people I have ever met.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 02:27:39 AM »
Erin Pizzey, Christopher Hitchens, Karen Straight, Milo Yiannapolous. Audie Murphy, Simo Hayha, "Atticus Finch" and my daughter. (and plenty others)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 04:50:45 AM »
My father (who passed away 14 years ago), my two sisters but also chaps like Stephen Fry, Ray Mears, Jamie Oliver, Rick Stein, etc..

(have to have a longer think about it)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »
My father (deceased twenty years ago), my mother (still raising farm animals at seventy eight), my three uncles who were war veterans, my wife who works harder than I do and still keeps going, my kids who struggle every day and still keep trying, Benjamin Franklin, James Madison, Abraham Lincoln, John Muir, Theodore Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, John Lennon, Khalil Gibran, PIXAR, Maya Angelou, John Irving, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash (so many  more artists, poets and philosophers - too many to name, but I have hit a few at the top) ...

Way too many seems the same as having no one to admire, but FUCKK!!  we are who we are and we are made up of those who have influenced us, now and forever.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:30:30 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2016, 04:46:05 PM »
The number one person I admire is Eleanor of Aquataine.  One BAD ASS woman.  I admire her so much I named the PR after her. 

(The PR got tired of the way we said "Eleanor" when we were exasperated with her.  So she picked the nickname Nellie when she went from homeschooling to regular school after Katarina.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2016, 08:10:27 PM »
Come back and admire them here, CBC!

I did!  And here's the smiley! :heisenberg:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection