Educational

Author Topic: Custom tag requests  (Read 44404 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Custom tag requests
« Reply #645 on: March 30, 2011, 11:17:26 PM »
I just figured out who PM is and he won't be getting the job any time soon after that long rambling Moderatorgate YouTube unless Alex is smoking crack, but I bet leejosepho would be happy to take the job again.

Maybe he would do a better job this time and wouldn't erase people's entire post history again.

:evillaugh:

Who is PM?

Here's his profile:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums-profile-viewprofile-u-40617.html

From what he says in his profile, he lives somewhere near Phenix City, Alabama.

He started a couple of threads in the WP discussion forum like, "Am I a Nuisance to the Mods?" and "Moderatorgate" where he volunteered in a YouTube video (which he has already taken down, unfortunately) to be a mod and suggested that there be some sort of mod supervisor basically because he thought that the current mods weren't doing a good enough job to suit him.  He has less than 200 posts on WP, by the way, and he's trying to endear himself to the current mods by functioning as a sort of hall monitor.

He basically asserts that WP needs a "strict mod" to replace Quatermass.  That QM's retirement caused the place to go to hell and that the only way to save it was to replace him with someone else who is strict (as he doesn't feel Sallamandrina and I fit the bill).  He states that the WP TOS is his "special interest" and as such we should give him the job.

He believes that the parakeet incident would not have occurred under QM's watch as the "trolls" would have been trembling in fear.  Les should have a select comment on this assertion ;)

To this day, all of I2 trembles in fear and hides when anyone even mentions QM. :hide: :orly:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #646 on: March 30, 2011, 11:18:04 PM »
He even wrote us a script:

Some examples of responses from the two types of mods. THEY ARE JUST EXAMPLES.

Someone makes a post that violates the TOS.

Strict Mod: I am deleting your post and locking the thread. Violate the TOS again and I will take further action. Consider this a warning to you all, RULE-BREAKING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Friendly Mod: Would you please edit your post, because it is not within the rules.

I would use each option on a situational basis. As for helping people through meltdowns, that would require tactful thinking and careful judgement.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #647 on: March 30, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »
He even wrote us a script:

Some examples of responses from the two types of mods. THEY ARE JUST EXAMPLES.

Someone makes a post that violates the TOS.

Strict Mod: I am deleting your post and locking the thread. Violate the TOS again and I will take further action. Consider this a warning to you all, RULE-BREAKING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Friendly Mod: Would you please edit your post, because it is not within the rules.

I would use each option on a situational basis. As for helping people through meltdowns, that would require tactful thinking and careful judgement.

Tactful thinking: for when your thoughts are too offensive to yourself for you to contemplate. :laugh:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #648 on: March 30, 2011, 11:31:56 PM »
I just figured out who PM is and he won't be getting the job any time soon after that long rambling Moderatorgate YouTube unless Alex is smoking crack, but I bet leejosepho would be happy to take the job again.

Maybe he would do a better job this time and wouldn't erase people's entire post history again.

Who is PM?
He is an annoying teachers pet butt kisser POS.

I was a teacher's pet when I was a child. There's nothing wrong with that!   :bigcry:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #649 on: March 30, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »

Who is PM?

I was a teacher's pet when I was a child. There's nothing wrong with that!   :bigcry:
But I would not have hit you. :hug:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #650 on: March 30, 2011, 11:44:36 PM »

Who is PM?

But I would not have hit you. :hug:

It would have been fun to go to school with you.  :hug:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #651 on: March 30, 2011, 11:51:19 PM »
I would have had to fail about 6 grades for that to have happened.   :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #652 on: March 30, 2011, 11:53:39 PM »
I would have had to fail about 6 grades for that to have happened.   :zoinks:

You would have been a 20-year-old high school freshman. That would have been awesome!   :headbang:

People forget.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #653 on: March 31, 2011, 02:21:54 AM »
I just don't get the appeal to being a 'mod' anyway -  what is the attraction?  you don't get paid, or do you?
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #654 on: March 31, 2011, 03:04:35 AM »
I just don't get the appeal to being a 'mod' anyway -  what is the attraction?  you don't get paid, or do you?

There is no attraction. But, someone has got to do the job.

When people are attracted to wielding the tools of power, they should not be a mod IMO.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #655 on: March 31, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »

No, you don't get paid.  Not at WP anyway.  The attraction for me was an opportunity to implement change.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #656 on: March 31, 2011, 09:09:27 AM »

The mods don't get paid, and people on WP who ask for the job are never given it because of the fear that they would be too enamoured with the "power" of being a mod.  Some people actually get off on having the ability to delete posts and/or ban people they don't agree with and apparently it's PM's wet dream to be more like his hero, the "strict mod" Quatermass.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #657 on: March 31, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
The Parakeet incident would have happened with a strict mod. The only chance of avoiding it would have been with a lenient mod. At first I only wanted to go onto WP and make some insinuations about his sexuality, while remaining largely within the TOS. The reason I ended up going way over the top, and created all the fake profiles was because Lee was acting as his personal bodyguard and not allowing me to say anything that Parakeet would dislike.

For anybody that hasn't seen any of the fake profiles, this was my favourite. It was placed on a swingers site.

BenJakiFournier

Christian couple in Minneapolis with own bondage chamber, looking for likeminded souls

Hi. We're a Conservative Christian couple who live our lives for Our Lord Jesus Christ, who remained virgins until our wedding night. We've both realized that we would like to push the bouderies of our sexuality to the absolute limits. We've recently installed a bondage chamber in our house, complete with a full size crucifix.
We're looking for fellow Christian couples who like, or are interested in trying bondage.
We also enjoy watersports, swinging and swapping, and love bible play. For those of you unfamiliar with the term it means dressing up and pretending to be various characters  from the bible. Last month my wife dressed up as The Virgin Mary, while I dressed up as Jesus and some of our guy friends dressed up as the disciples and we took turns at fucking her senseless.

We believe that Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a valid form of love.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:03:50 AM by Butterflies »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #658 on: March 31, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »
 :lol:

I just received another accusation today.  A member used the word "butterflies" in a post.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #659 on: March 31, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
OMG. That is just too paranoid. It's got nothing to do with me. Since I realized that Parakeet was not a worthy opponent I've stopped annoying him. I've actually made an effort to be nice to him. I just feel sorry for him now. Unless he provokes me, I have no intention of causing him any more trouble.