That

yes
3 (21.4%)
no
3 (21.4%)
in the ass
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Better drunk or sober?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Better drunk or sober?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 04:13:19 PM »
i have fun talking serious stuff too. i mix and match. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »
i prefer you in person. drunk or sober
I am the Steppenwolf who never learned to dance.

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 07:26:32 PM »
I read that as prison.  :laugh:

So, my posts suck that bad?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »
I read that as prison.  :laugh:

So, my posts suck that bad?

Yes, pack your bags it off to the brig with ya :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 03:54:24 PM »
Busted for friggin in the riggin.

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »
i'm sure we would all love a real Calandale in our homes. :-*
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 06:49:28 PM »
If you learn how to shoot pool drunk, then whenever you shoot pool, shoot pool drunk.  :M

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 12:33:38 AM »
i'm sure we would all love a real Calandale in our homes. :-*

Or a real lemon.  :lemon:   Where did you go?  Come back and call me an egg again!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 11:33:25 AM »
I like you best when you're not here.
:laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 06:13:20 PM »
  I'm an idiot when I'm drunk.  I'm better sober.  :M :angel:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 06:58:13 PM »
I just fall asleep. I'm an exceedingly boring drunk.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »
Not really all that much of a drinker generally speaking. Not of primary/sec. alcohols. I.e ethanol, propanol (never tried ingesting n-propyl alcohol, have had very little ever to do with it in fact/ isopropyl is far more common than  n-propanol. but propan-2-ol is said, to be both more potent than ethanol and to result in an absolute thundercunt of a hangover, plus fruity breath from the acetone metabolite.

FAR better, as alcohols go, are tertiary ones, such as tert.pentanol (pentyl=amyl=five carbon chain aliphatic tertiary alcohol formally derived from pentane.) aka 2-methyl-butan-2-ol or (1-)1,1,1-trichloromethyl-propan-2-ol, the latter being similar to chloral hydrate, and about THE easiest of any drug bar alcohol production via fermentation of sugar with Saccharomyces yeasts, to perform. Bar perhaps ring opening of gamma-butyrolactone to yield GHB, which takes only mixing of the y-butyrolactone with a water solution of an alkali metal hydroxide, like caustic soda, to open the lactone ring and result in GHB-sodium saltm or K-GHB if caustic potash be used instead, etc. likewise Mg, Ca salts etc.

Thats just add A to B, heat on the stove and evaporate off the water, as long as there is not exessive caustic soda/caustic potash added, so long as the stoichiometric quantity is used, one cannot fail really. I did balls it up the very first time, as a pre-teen age kid, doing one of his very first synths ever. Didn't know about boiling stones, and the entire thing went on the exotherm and did a mini krakatoa, right smack bang in my face. Although most of the G and unreacted lactone, solvent etc went on the kitchen ceiling, a decent enough portion went right in my eye. Never had good vision in that eye since. Everything is a blur from more than a foot or two away from that eye, but the other one compensates just fine for regular vision.

Spent quite some time that night with my face under the sink, washing the mixture of y-butyrolactone, NaOH, THF  and MeOH out of my eye, then much longer swearing profusely, in terms I should not even have known at that age, thanks to having to scrape a couple of kilograms of GHB off the fucking kitchen ceiling, the walls, the fittings, windows, appliances, as well as vent the solvent fumes, clean the caustic soda out of my tender young face and try to swab down any and every surface affected before either unreacted lactone, caustic, or THF could start stripping paint, melting plastic, dissolving bits of my folks' kitchen.

Thats about as easy as it gets though as long as one isn't so inexperienced as to have no clue how to start. Otherwise, chlorbutol, or chlorobutanol as its often known, can be made by anyone, no training or kit needed. Haloform reaction using hypochlorite bleach on acetone gives one chloroform. Base-catalyzed condensation of chloroform with more acetone gives chlorbutol, a long, long acting sedative/hypnotic most similar in character and chemistry to chloral hydrate.

Unusually, I'm drinking ordinary ethyl alcohol atm, got a LOT of beer, very, very very cheap indeed. Less than 50p a bottle of some really quite tasty brown ale that was going short dated and marked right down to the very limits, so I cleaned the shop out of their entire stock. Lasted me months, just finishing off my last few bottles of ale, can just barely sense an effect from the alcohol, even on chlormethiazole, the old-school sedative-hypnotic agent I take for seizure control (it MASSIVELY potentiates alcohol), generally I find it quite difficult to deliberately get drunk on beer of any kind because it comes out as fast as it can be put in, Ie..rushing for a piss every half hour if drinking lots of beer.

Why I prefer tert. alcohols for consumption is that they cannot undergo metabolism into toxic, nasty hangover causing aldehydes like acetaldehyde from regular drinking alcohol, ethanol. Healthier by far and less to consume too, a gram or two, weighed out of 2-methyl-butan-2-ol proved quite enough to reach a significant and pronounced state of intoxication, and a mere half gram of 1-ethynyl-cyclohexan-1-ol is enough to reduce most anybody to a heap of boneless jelly its that strong.

All one needs do for the chlorbutol though is to react first, acetone and hypochlorite bleach, a haloform reaction, to yield chloroform; then that chloroform is reacted with a further equimolar quantity of acetone under the catalytic influence of a strong alkali to give chlorobutanol, and this purified by virtue of sublimation.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 10:28:58 PM »

Just finishing off my last bottle of that bishop's finger. Quite tasty, not my favourite ever, but still, pretty good. I liked the other offering the shopkeeper had marked right down, a guinness pale ale. Don't usually care for guinness much, not the original kind but that stuff was quite drinkable.

*cuts loose with a gigantic beer and diethyl ether-flavoured belch* (if  I do drink ethyl alcohol, I'd far sooner it had undergone a quick and easy intermolecular dehydration/condensation w/ a bit of fuming sulfuric, as ethyl ether is not metabolized as ethanol is, to first, acetaldehyde, that foul smelling, noxious hangover inducing metabolite of (EtOH) alcohol thence on to the benign acetate and eventually, CO2. it tastes better than regular booze, and doesn't result in a bastardly hangover, although it does however, tend to give its presence away quite well, having such a strong, strong smell.
Not an unpleasant one, just a very pronounced odor. I love the smell of EtOEt but I cannot honestly deny that the smell does carry. Lol in my teens I once had a friend come up to my place in the middle of the night, chucking pebbles up at the window to get my attention. Because he'd followed his nose on the trail of ether vapor right down the road back to the lab (of course though, he knew me, and to a very rough extent, the kinds of things I like to occupy my free time in the doing thereof. So he kind of put 2 and 2 together, got 4, just by pinning me down as prime suspect for the source of any and for that matter, every, plume of strongly smelling anything at all around the site of my home. To be fair, he probably wasn't too far wrong. I hadn't expected it to get out QUITE so far as that though:P

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 05:22:53 PM »
I just fall asleep. I'm an exceedingly boring drunk.

You and me both!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant