Author Topic: 100% criminal detection  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
100% criminal detection
« on: December 20, 2007, 08:54:38 AM »
If someone invented a technology that allowed for 100% detection of crimes and automatically created a huge database of every crime committed by every person in the world, what would happen to society?  Given the enormous numbers of drug users, would the prison system implode?  Would drugs be legalised once their huge popularity and the extent of their use by respected members of society was revealed?  Would the world's politicians be decimated by a vast wave of arrests and popular uprisings as their crimes were revealed?

If such a technology ever was invented, I suspect the people in power would keep it very tightly under their control, to be accessed and used by them only.  It might help them to destroy political opponents, but it would be useless for controlling the population unless it was used very selectively, as there would be too many people to arrest otherwise.

It would be interesting if multiple countries possessed their own global crime detection systems and could publish the crimes of each other's leaders.  Would the public care enough to do anything about it?  If France published a list of the crimes committed by US politicians, how many Americans would even believe it?

What penalties would you be liable for if there was a database file of all your crimes?  I suspect I could get at least a few years of prison time.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: 100% criminal detection
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:42:47 AM »
they would have to legalize weed at least. and prolly codeine and valium.

8)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »
I would probably have to pay fines for some speeding tickets.

;D

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 12:15:05 PM »
And I have a few parking tickets, in addition to the speeding tickets... :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:47:08 PM »
I'm not listing them all. THEY might be watching. :ninja:

Soph

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 02:30:43 PM »
i've never been naughty.  :orly:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 02:34:59 PM »
I would hate to go to prison, and that would be my fate if everything I ever did was detected lol.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Soph

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 02:38:59 PM »
i would hate to go to prison as well. i don't want someone shoving their hand up my arse to see if i'm hiding drugs and phones.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 02:40:04 PM »
Everyone would be locked up. There would be no-one out there.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 02:42:05 PM »
i would hate to go to prison as well. i don't want someone shoving their hand up my arse to see if i'm hiding drugs and phones.

crazy to shove a phone up your butt.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 02:43:05 PM »
very crazy. they have a chair now that detects if you have a phone up your arse.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 02:44:33 PM »
very crazy. they have a chair now that detects if you have a phone up your arse.
lololol thats awesome

I must have that chair.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 02:45:24 PM »
does it stick a hand in there?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
i think it detects metal inside you or something lol
i saw it on the news yesterday

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
5 years from now it will be detected to give ass cancer.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar