Author Topic: What you don't want to be eating!  (Read 201 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
What you don't want to be eating!
« on: December 09, 2007, 11:47:48 AM »
Fair Haven, Vermont - December 7, 2007

A Fair Haven man is suing the company that owns Rutland's Burger King, claiming he found a condom in his burger. Van Miguel Hartless, 24, says he visited the restaurant last June. The condom was underneath a slice of lettuce in his Burger King's Southwest Whopper.

"It was just disgusting. 'It's gross is putting it mildly," said Hartless.

Hartless says he doesn't know why anyone would put a condom in his burger, but admits he did have an argument with an employee at the restaurant about the toppings on his burger.

Hartless is now suing the company that owns the restaurant. In the lawsuit, his lawyer says the burger has caused Hartless pain, suffering, nightmares, distress, and medical expenses.

"It sounds silly now, but I'd be doing something in my dream and whatever I was holding and whatever I was doing would either turn into a condom or a burger," said Hartless.

Hartless was tested for HIV and STDs and those tests came back negative. He says he also submitted to a polygraph test which he passed.

"From the beginning it was never about money. I made that very clear. All I wanted was if I contracted something I wanted them responsible for it," said Hartless.

But he is now seeking unspecified damages because he says Burger King continues to deny any wrongdoing, aside from a letter telling him the company is sorry he had an unpleasant experience. A manager at the Rutland Burger King declined to comment, and Carrolls Corporation, the company that owns the restaurant, did not return our calls.

Keagan Harsha - WCAX News

Yuck I'll never argue with someone who prepares food I'll eat :eh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What you don't want to be eating!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »
ew. well, i don't eat out anymore.

hahaha

""It sounds silly now, but I'd be doing something in my dream and whatever I was holding and whatever I was doing would either turn into a condom or a burger," said Hartless."

yes it sounds silly. :)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 08:34:34 PM »
Nonetheless, the franchise should suffer for this.
And such gimmicks are just how one manages it,
in the US.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 04:16:10 AM »
yes indeedy tweety.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: