Politics, Mature and taboo > Political Pundits

Money to third world nations

(1/1)

Parts:

--- Quote --- UNITED NATIONS - Helping the world's poor adapt to more floods, droughts and other changes from a warming planet will cost the richest nations at least $86 billion a year by 2015, an expert panel warned Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

"They must have help from the rich world," said Claes Johnasson, a co-author of the report commissioned by the U.N. Development Program. "Climate is forcing people into human development traps."

Half the cost, $44 billion, would go for "climate-proofing" developing nations' infrastructure while $40 billion would help the poor adapt how the live to cope with climate-related risks, says the panel's report. The other $2 billion would go to strengthening responses to natural disasters.
--- End quote ---
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071127/ap_on_sc/un_climate_change;_ylt=Ai71AEvDYU1NpW5KQuJRUKWs0NUE

So they need money I really don't have a problem with that but how much of it do you think will be siphoned away in corruption and "administrative costs" and who much will actually go to helping the people who need it.  I just don't feel that way about third world countries I  believe it   is widespread in almost every government and large organization.

Pyraxis:
Maybe they should save themselves trouble and spend the $86 billion preventing the planet from warming in the first place. I know it's not going to happen though.

Parts:

--- Quote from: Pyraxis on November 28, 2007, 01:57:22 PM ---Maybe they should save themselves trouble and spend the $86 billion preventing the planet from warming in the first place. I know it's not going to happen though.

--- End quote ---

Your right on that.  Even in the US the amount of that money going for what it's supposed to would probably be less than half after politicians get their hands on it.  This disgusts me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version