Author Topic: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again  (Read 6269 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 02:51:45 PM »
It would prove that you insulted a person who then overreacted. You need to work on your logic.

I insulted their religion, not them personally.   I insult those who overrreact specifically to the image of Mohammed being used.   They have people who fucking name themselves Mohammed, and dress and have a beard.   They practically imitate the guy, yet naming a stuffed animal that is wrong.

The problem is that every time something like that comes up, we have an overreaction.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »
You need to read up on Islam, and you need to get your facts straight. If you don't understand why some Muslims react the way they do, you're not helping anything.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 03:00:17 PM »
You need to read up on Islam, and you need to get your facts straight. If you don't understand why some Muslims react the way they do, you're not helping anything.

I understand, and their reasoning is based on false pretenses.   Its like a Christian getting mad at Penny Arcade (or South Park) for making fun of Jesus, they sure as hell don't kill anyone over it.   Mohammed has had nothing done to his image that compares to what we do to our own religious figures.   I have read up on Islam, all you can say is get your facts straight over things when people have a point and you have none of your own.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »
You're arguing on beliefs, on behalf of some Christian interpretations of Islam, and yes, some of them say Islam's based on false pretenses. Muhammed is a false prophet, according to some, and he is found in the eight circle of hell by Dante, etc, etc, etc.

What makes you think that these mainly Christian views (some are Jewish, though, as I recall it) are more correct than the Islam ones? Here's an argument made by an Imam in reply to a Catholic who doesn't believe in Muhammed as a prophet. I'm not saying that the Imam is right, only that he uses an other set of beliefs than you use, for proving his point.

That's what religions are about, see. Beliefs. You choose to accept some and reject others. Your call. But don't assume that anyone will hail your opinions as informed, when you also use the kind of rhetorics that are usually found on extremist websites. For as long as you do so, I, for one, have great difficulty in taking you seriously.

Only by understanding why some Muslims react so strongly against depicting their Prophet on cartoons or teddy bears can you ever hope to change anything. And I'm not saying that I agree with them, because I don't. Arresting a middle-aged schoolteacher who happened to name a teddy bear Muhammed is ridiculous but insulting the part of the Muslim population (by insulting their religion; this you also need to understand) will not help. Quite the opposite.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 03:52:25 PM »
That is about his revelations being from Satan or God.   Since both do not exist, it doesn't matter anyways.   It has nothing to do with the claimed symbol on his back that supposedly marks him as a prophet and gives his revelations some kind of legitimacy.   My feeling is that he was a power hungry military warmonger (his actions in how he killed people prove this) that made up an additional religion devoted to the already over-worshipped Abrahamic God in order to give his reign more legitimacy and to unify the people he basically conquered.   In my opinion to be a prophet you either are A. Insane or B. Knowingly deceiving people by using religion to suit your own agenda.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 04:49:44 PM »
Can you prove that he knowingly deceived people? Your feelings are one thing, proving something is another. This is about beliefs, which is why your opinions are just that, opinions. Mine are too, obviously, but we differ in that I don't have to insult a whole group of people to support my opinions.

I doubt we'll get any further, here, so you go right on with your stuff and I'll spend time finding a worthwhile thread to spam.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »
I prefaced the sentence with "In my opinion", so it isn't a fact lol.  Of course no person can prove the thoughts of Mohammed as he deceived his people.   His deception could have just been due to him being insane.   I think Paul was insane.   Caligula might be the most insane historical figure imo.

The fact is that Muhammed/Mohammed/whatever didn't want images of him to be worshipped.   That was just a bear lol.   Muhammad Ali named himself after the prophet (same with many other people), when he was celebrated as a boxer then he would have been just as bad as a fucking bear being named that.   I know that is some kind of tribute, naming yourself after a prophet who doesn't want you to worship visual images of him.  Fucking retarded.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 10:01:48 AM »
The British should demand her safe release whilst telling Sudan to shove its laws up its ass.  If they find whip scars on her when they get her back, they should bomb the shit out of that place.  (If they insist on living in the dark ages, might as well complete the effect.)

duncvis

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 02:19:56 PM »
At least some sane Muslims are trying to get through to the mediaeval meatbrains.

British Muslims protested outside the Sudanese Embassy over the treatment of jailed teacher Gillian Gibbons.

The small but noisy group demanded the immediate release of Mrs Gibbons, who is currently serving a 15-day prison sentence in Sudan after her class of seven-year-olds named a teddy bear Mohammed.

Chanting "free, free Gillian" and "let her go, let her go", demonstrators attempted to hand over a "goodwill teddy" to the embassy, but a staff member refused to accept the gift.

If they carry on like this the miserable fuckers will go on Santa's 'naughty' list.

richard

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 07:12:39 PM »
i dont know why people even go into muslim countries who arent muslim. thats just asking for it

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 07:17:03 PM »
In college I had a friend from Saudi Arabia even he never wanted to go back
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

richard

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 07:20:24 PM »
i heard they cut off your hands and still stone people for sins. thats enough to keep me far away from muslims countrys, could you imagine being framed for a crime you didnt commit? orbeing accused of something you didnt do. i bet there justice system is totally unfair and jugdes people based on the koran

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 07:46:55 PM »
i dont know why people even go into muslim countries who arent muslim. thats just asking for it

the point is potent in its simplicity.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »
i heard they cut off your hands and still stone people for sins. thats enough to keep me far away from muslims countrys, could you imagine being framed for a crime you didnt commit? orbeing accused of something you didnt do. i bet there justice system is totally unfair and jugdes people based on the koran

Not only do they stone people, but they now hold up their camera phones and video the whole thing.  Just last April, a bunch of Yezidi (Iraq's answer to the Amish) dragged a 17 year old girl out into the street half-naked, stoned her, and then stomped her to death... all for dating a Sunni Muslim boy.  They made the mistake of taking video with their cellphones and posting it on the Internet, and deservedly became the most hated people in the world.  As far as I'm concerned, they deserved the truck-bombing they got a few months later that killed about 300.  And to think shit like that goes on all the time there and has been going on all the time for centuries.

In Iran, a similar crowd gathered to see some dude get whipped 80 times for drinking.  Again, out with the cellphones to record the whole scene.  Those motherfuckers must all be sick to call that entertainment.  Why else would they want to save a video of it?  So they can watch somebody being maimed or killed over and over again?  Do they really enjoy watching others suffer that much?

And then there's female "circumcision", which is even more fucked up.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »
indeed, i don't understand people who go to muslim countries. then complain when shit happens. wtf?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: