Educational

Author Topic: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again  (Read 6278 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2008, 06:58:45 AM »
You guys in Europe have to start having more kids before they out number you
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2008, 07:26:02 AM »
I think that if it is not fair to bash all Muslims for the action of (ostensibly) a few, then it is also not fair to uniformly bash people who are distrustful or confused about Muslims.  People can only function based on their own experiences and information.  If someone's experience has led them to have an unfair opinion of Muslims, surely it is better to open up a dialogue and add to their information (or change it , if incorrect) than to constantly repeat "bigot", "hyperbole" "I'm laughing at you" etc.  The Muslim bashers are just people who are genuinely confused for the reasons of the liberal's defending.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2008, 07:28:49 AM »
A few muslims who obviously didn't take the Public Relations 101 course:

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2008, 07:36:13 AM »
I have met many Muslims that I got along with very well it's the sheep of them that follow the lead of the fundie clerics I have a problem with
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2008, 07:44:12 AM »
I had a few Islamic friends at Uni.  A friend I got on very well whom I even helped him do his project in flash which was a website about his Mosque.  They look normal to me, though.  They all have short hair, regular clothes, etc.   Though, they did not drink or eat pork.  I liked and respected them.  Its the ones that look outwardly strange that make me nervous, with the dresses, hats and veils.  I have never had a friend of this type and whenver I see these I always imagine that they are on their way to a secret room beneath a pub to discuss a bombing of innocents.  Prejudice on my part, but thats the way the media has programmed me.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2008, 03:59:36 PM »
I think that if it is not fair to bash all Muslims for the action of (ostensibly) a few, then it is also not fair to uniformly bash people who are distrustful or confused about Muslims.  People can only function based on their own experiences and information.  If someone's experience has led them to have an unfair opinion of Muslims, surely it is better to open up a dialogue and add to their information (or change it , if incorrect) than to constantly repeat "bigot", "hyperbole" "I'm laughing at you" etc.  The Muslim bashers are just people who are genuinely confused for the reasons of the liberal's defending.

OK. Valid points. I hear what you are saying, and I'm sorry I dismissed you earlier. The one point I disagree with is the one I've marked in bold: In my experience, the majority of the Muslim bashers are certainly confused, but not for reasons having anything to do with anything the Liberals (also known as "Muslim apologists") say. The vocal ones often thrive on the hate-mongering, the appeal to the reader's fear of the unknown, and the general uneasiness in the Western world regarding any Muslims.

Certainly, after 9/11 it's been easy for these people to appeal to those fears.

If you look at the on-and-off debate re Muslims in this forum, you'll find little in way of balanced views and dialogue, unfortunately. More often than not, the discussion is polarised, resulting in hyperbole and name-calling, and quite frankly, I was tired of it long before you posted, hence my reply (for which I'm sorry).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline AspiePride

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2008, 04:28:21 PM »
Relgion is just one outlet for human hatred

If islam fucked off tomorrow something else would come along sooner or later and take it's place

The simple truth is human society even in the most democratic nation (country) is still ruled on the same feudal based principles as was in the middle ages

The fedual system for example we have today in the western world is free moving

Meaning anyone can through the theory and practice of wealth generation

Go from rags to riches so to speak

The only way this will ever change is when humanity has unlimited resources

Till that condition is met

The same principles will continue perpetuate

And so to the problems it produces
Normality Is A Myth

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2008, 05:10:11 PM »
Relgion is just one outlet for human hatred

If islam fucked off tomorrow something else would come along sooner or later and take it's place

QFT.

witches, christians, lepers, jews, witches again, christians again, muslims, gays, muslims...

etc., etc., etc.

what i want to know is how the fuck did the lepers get off so lightly?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »
what i want to know is how the fuck did the lepers get off so lightly?

:LMAO: :rofl: :LMAO:
:plus:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »
i knew that would tickle you!

:laugh:

:-*

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »
Their prophet's legitimacy is crap, which in turn makes Islam itself crap.    Their respect for the name and image of Mohammed is a false one, as his own prophethood is not even legit.   Basically they are morons, just like anyone who would throw a hissy fit over the image of Yahweh or Jesus.

Luckily you don't get to define the legitimacy of any prophet, Christian, Muslim, or otherwise.

Actually, we do. All prophets are illegitimate. They are either deliberate frauds or delusional nutjobs.

As George Carlin said, they are the undisputed kings of bullshit.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2016, 01:50:57 AM »
Their prophet's legitimacy is crap, which in turn makes Islam itself crap.    Their respect for the name and image of Mohammed is a false one, as his own prophethood is not even legit.   Basically they are morons, just like anyone who would throw a hissy fit over the image of Yahweh or Jesus.

Luckily you don't get to define the legitimacy of any prophet, Christian, Muslim, or otherwise.

Actually, we do. All prophets are illegitimate. They are either deliberate frauds or delusional nutjobs.

Actually you don't. You ca certainly try but you'll look awfully silly.

But then, you already look silly so...

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2016, 10:47:23 AM »

Actually you don't.

Says who? When are you going to figure out that religion is a lie??

You ca certainly try but you'll look awfully silly.

You're projecting here. I'm not the one defending people who believe in talking snakes and burning bushes.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »

Actually you don't.

Says who? When are you going to figure out that religion is a lie??

I did, a long time ago, but I'm not talking about my views. I'm saying that you don't get to decide, just as I don't get to decide.

You ca certainly try but you'll look awfully silly.

You're projecting here. I'm not the one defending people who believe in talking snakes and burning bushes.

I'm defending their right to believe. You should try it--I think your country supposedly supports that sort of thing. Or did, at least.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2017, 04:28:31 PM »
Don't generalise, Peter. This is about fucked-up Sudan authorities, teacher colleagues holding grudges, and fundamentalist views among some. Not every Muslim is like that.

Nor was every German in the 1930's a Nazi.

it only takes a very active minority for the tail to wag the entire dog.