Educational

Author Topic: How to Opt Into Pranks--The Please Prank Me List  (Read 18999 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: How to Opt Into Pranks--The Please Prank Me List
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2007, 03:40:19 PM »
The decisions that I'm alluding to all seem
in a gray area, to this member.

I didn't think you were alluding to any decisions- it looked to me like you just came right out and said what you meant. 
The scrap thing seems a non-issue to me since he'd already said he had no intention of running for admin again.  The way I see this whole situation is that he's been pushed and pushed until he completely hates a lot of the people here.  I can't say I blame him, to a certain extent anyway, but the fact that he was pushed to it doesn't make him any less of a liability sorry to say.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »

I didn't think you were alluding to any decisions- it looked to me like you just came right out and said what you meant. 
The scrap thing seems a non-issue to me since he'd already said he had no intention of running for admin again.  The way I see this whole situation is that he's been pushed and pushed until he completely hates a lot of the people here.  I can't say I blame him, to a certain extent anyway, but the fact that he was pushed to it doesn't make him any less of a liability sorry to say.

He did a lot of pushing himself, PI. You make it sound like him becoming a liability was all someone else's fault, and that's just not the case.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2007, 03:48:34 PM »
Or we could just take the staff off their pedestals and treat them like any other member unless they need to start officially waving the big stick around for any reason. I think its about time.  :laugh:

:agreed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »

He left that opening quite some time ago.
Yeah, things weren't perfect then either,
but I don't buy that as an excuse.

Anyhow, his intentions are really unimportant
here. It's the actions that we must judge. He
could have simply not revealed the issue, when
he did.

He did a lot of pushing himself, PI. You make it sound like him becoming a liability was all someone else's fault, and that's just not the case.

These things tend to deteriorate.
Not everyone is capable of pulling back
and observing everything dispassionately.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »

That's not how I meant it to sound at all.  I've argued with Scrapheap plenty of times myself.  I think that the way he spoke to a lot of the people here got a lot of people angry. And he ended up stuck in a cycle where whenever he posted he was responding to angry responses to his previous posts.  I think it must be a pretty shitty situation to find yourself in even if it was caused by your own actions.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2007, 04:27:45 PM »

He left that opening quite some time ago.

Yeah, things weren't perfect then either,
but I don't buy that as an excuse.

Anyhow, his intentions are really unimportant
here. It's the actions that we must judge. He
could have simply not revealed the issue, when
he did.

I don't buy that he did leave that opening sometime ago though.   I can't be 100% sure so I didn't say anything because I don't like to make this accusations without proof,  but when he posted with his sock puppet in the WC forum last week I asked Dunc why it wasn't marked as a sock puppet as the members voted all sock puppets should be.  I am pretty certain (but like I said not 100%) that I saw Dunc move it into the sock puppet user group- something which I think Scrapheap himself was hinting at when he mentioned the settings for that account had been changed recently.  So I think he probably set it back up himself when he had admin access at the weekend- but I can't be 100% sure.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »
I think that the way he spoke to a lot of the people here got a lot of people angry. And he ended up stuck in a cycle where whenever he posted he was responding to angry responses to his previous posts.  I think it must be a pretty shitty situation to find yourself in even if it was caused by your own actions.

Pretty much where lit ended up. I don't like this kind of
situation, but I don't see any way around it, so long as
there are cliques AND bad feelings, without killing free
speech.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2007, 04:43:23 PM »
I think that the way he spoke to a lot of the people here got a lot of people angry. And he ended up stuck in a cycle where whenever he posted he was responding to angry responses to his previous posts.  I think it must be a pretty shitty situation to find yourself in even if it was caused by your own actions.

Pretty much where lit ended up. I don't like this kind of
situation, but I don't see any way around it, so long as
there are cliques AND bad feelings, without killing free
speech.

I don't know a way round it either, when people's tempers get up its hard for them to back down or back off other people who've got more than enough on their plate. (Same goes for when its something that people feel strongly about).  Its just human nature and there isn't a way round that, even if we did introduce play nice rules it wouldn't stop this completely.   

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2007, 01:33:08 AM »
Or we could just take the staff off their pedestals and treat them like any other member unless they need to start officially waving the big stick around for any reason. I think its about time.  :laugh:
:agreed:
So do I.

I feel like I am just an ordinary member except I have extra access to ways I can help Intensity.

Does that sound sucky? It probably does but I hope you know what I mean.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2007, 01:39:04 AM »
I wanna be on a pedestal.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2007, 09:52:32 AM »
cum'ere, we can share one. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2007, 12:19:05 PM »
A piece of living sculpture?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2007, 06:29:24 PM »
everything is living.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2007, 07:59:35 PM »
So why have the word? I'd apply it,
not to the idea that all things have spirits,
but to the biological processes.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2007, 08:14:04 PM »
things seem to us more living than other things.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar