Educational

Author Topic: How to Opt Out of Pranks--The Don't Prank Me List  (Read 14529 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
How to Opt Out of Pranks--The Don't Prank Me List
« on: October 30, 2007, 02:47:20 AM »
Some people have been pranked in the past by administrators.

Duncvis suggested that we start a "Don't Prank Me" list, so the people who opt out of pranks won't be pranked.

Different people feel differently about being pranked. 

For example, I used to see pranks as relatively harmless fun, but since I have seen both firsthand and from other members how it can make someone feel, I have changed my opinion about this.  I pranked a few people on Intensity's Birthday which was April Fool's Day, but now I feel really bad that I might have hurt someone when I did.  I tried to prank people who I thought would not mind, but how do I really know?

If you would prefer to opt out of pranks, please sign up here.

I do not want to be pranked.

GalileoAce

Re: How to Opt Out of Pranks--The Don't Prank Me List
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:21:27 AM »
I do not want to be pranked.

Question: What happens if someone pranks a person who in on the do not prank list?

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 04:28:13 AM »
The prankee can ask a staff member to reverse the prank and their status as a 'no pranks' member will be brought to the attention of the prankster. In practice this shouldn't be a problem, as an elected admin should be respecting the wishes of those they were elected to serve.

The_P

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:58 AM »
This thread is ridiculous. My pranks were meant to provide a lot of laughs in this place (and they have done, mind you), not intentionally harm a person. If they're easily offended, fuck off. I already allowed the membership to vote me off over this prank business, but the majority decided to keep me in. What does that tell you?

If this list ever comes to pass by the WC, I do think that we should discuss whether it's worth this site being called "IntensitySquared" when we're too busy trying to keep everyone happy in fear of losing members. Quite frankly, we're becoming soft over this nonsense -- it's tantamount to weakness. You are all in a panic because a lot of users (Willow's leaving, omg!) are supposedly unhappy, which to me shows the current lack of backbone this site has.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 06:34:25 AM by King Peegai »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 06:33:47 AM »
Indeed. WITHOUT having some official status,
does this list just become some big "kick me"
sign?

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 07:02:34 AM »
The prankee can ask a staff member to reverse the prank and their status as a 'no pranks' member will be brought to the attention of the prankster. In practice this shouldn't be a problem, as an elected admin should be respecting the wishes of those they were elected to serve.
In other words, anyone who puts their name up here gets pranked to hell. If thats the case, where do I sign?  :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 07:12:37 AM »
This thread is ridiculous. My pranks were meant to provide a lot of laughs in this place (and they have done, mind you), not intentionally harm a person. If they're easily offended, fuck off. I already allowed the membership to vote me off over this prank business, but the majority decided to keep me in. What does that tell you?

If this list ever comes to pass by the WC, I do think that we should discuss whether it's worth this site being called "IntensitySquared" when we're too busy trying to keep everyone happy in fear of losing members. Quite frankly, we're becoming soft over this nonsense -- it's tantamount to weakness. You are all in a panic because a lot of users (Willow's leaving, omg!) are supposedly unhappy, which to me shows the current lack of backbone this site has.

Peaguy, as administrators we are here to serve the community, therefore we should respect the individual member's preferences as to whether or not they wish to be pranked, don't you agree?

GalileoAce

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 07:14:37 AM »
Is it anyone surprise that the first three negative comments to this list is from Peaguy, Calandale and Hadron.

The_P

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 07:16:40 AM »

Peaguy, as administrators we are here to serve the community, therefore we should respect the individual member's preferences as to whether or not they wish to be pranked, don't you agree?

Say what you like. I'm never going to concede to your boring vision of I2. The only way to stop me is to take away my admin privileges -- I'm never gonna stop pranking when I feel like it.

I'm a rebel, after all.

Oh yeah, I'm really disrespecting the community by making my poll. Jesus wept.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 07:18:20 AM by King Peegai »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 07:18:45 AM »
Is it anyone surprise that the first three negative comments to this list is from Peaguy, Calandale and Hadron.
Oh its not negative at all. In fact I think its briliant to have a targets list.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 07:22:34 AM »
I think the problem is that we're attracting a fair few people who would never have come near Intensity² when it was first started and we're trying to change the site to keep these members happy.  I'm not sold on this being a good idea personally, in some respects I think it takes away from what made us different in the first place and takes us a step closer to becoming a support site.  My worry is that, considering there's plenty of support sites out there, we're effectively leaving those who can't be (or don't want to be) tactful with no-where to go.  Like I said I'm not sure this kind of pandering to please a minority of members is really a good thing.

The_P

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »
I'm really fucked off by Callaway's smug PM, the cocky bitch.

I'll answer it in public later.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 07:27:05 AM »
I'm really fucked off by Callaway's smug PM, the cocky bitch.

I'll answer it in public later.
Do post the PM here as well. Maybe its an excuse for you to do another video...

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 07:37:41 AM »
Shoot me. NOW!

• Elder