Educational

Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 95823 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
What did you eat today?
« on: October 25, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »
i had pasta.

not really interested in what you ate, though, to be honest. this is a protest against turning Intensity into a moderated forum. allow me to quote from the Index Page:

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 02:01:33 PM »
So in effect you're also protesting against the democracy aspect of the site since a decent majority voted that it should be moved.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 02:07:14 PM »
i'm protesting against the thread being moved before the vote was over, primarily, but i'm also exercising my right to post in this forum according to its guidelines. and, of course, i'm interested in seeing what will happen--will there be a vote about this one, too, and will the world council decide to move the thread, against my wishes? will the board be moderated, in the end?

i'm planning to have a salad, tomorrow, and maybe some toast. that, of course, could change.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:13:18 PM »
sulky boots.  :smarty:

if you're very good and don't sulk, i'll make you some more dotty bread, okay?   :-*

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 02:17:22 PM »

if you're very good and don't sulk, i'll make you some more dotty bread, okay?   :-*

:laugh:  Does dotty bread make everything better?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 02:17:58 PM »
depends under what circumstances you're eating it, i suspect.

/whistles, innocently.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 02:18:33 PM »

:laugh:  Does dotty bread make everything better?

pretty much, yes, now that you ask.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 02:25:36 PM »
not as good as :boobs: though, eh?

:angel:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 02:48:07 PM »

How is this thread a sulk?

I agree with Odeon in that moving a thread before a vote to move the thread is completed is ... well, it's ... Uhm ... fascist or something.

WTF?

Have we lost all respect for saved bookmarks?!?

Where is this trend leading?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »

Oh, yeah ... I made good with the last of the fresh summer vegetables by turning them into an awesome chili - about three gallons worth. This stuff is not exactly Texas style, but it is really tasty (I found fresh chocolate to put in it!!) and everyone will eat it, except my daughter, who won't eat any mixed foodstuffs anyway.

I held off on the hot stuff, but I have a small pot of concentrated, habenero "education" for when I want my chili to smart. It will be stored in self serving sized containers for extraction during the most dismal of winter months.

*shows biceps*
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
i'm protesting against the thread being moved before the vote was over, primarily, but i'm also exercising my right to post in this forum according to its guidelines. and, of course, i'm interested in seeing what will happen--will there be a vote about this one, too, and will the world council decide to move the thread, against my wishes? will the board be moderated, in the end?

i'm planning to have a salad, tomorrow, and maybe some toast. that, of course, could change.
If the WC votes to move/ add your thread then, yes it will be moved into the correct place. And no it isnt moderating at all, I left a link for all those who wanted to be able to find this thread. Grow up...

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 04:41:01 PM »
I don't want the board to be moderated either. However, posting crap like this just out of spite just pushes the board closer to that inevitability. When Atomika spammed up the board, it was put to a vote and he was moderated, definitely for the best, but what's the difference between that instance and this instance? A matter of scale, both in the quantity and the spamminess of the post itself. If we keep making spite posts like this the same thing happens. I'd rather not have the question of moderation come up than have to make a decision about it.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 04:53:05 PM »

If the WC votes to move/ add your thread then, yes it will be moved into the correct place. And no it isnt moderating at all, I left a link for all those who wanted to be able to find this thread. Grow up...

that *is* moderating the board, whether you like it or not. leaving a link doesn't change the fact that you moved the thread. also, it's abusing your power as an admin, to move it before the vote is finished. it's not in your job description to make those decisions.

and how is this *not* the correct place? read the description: "Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board."

so you grow up. and do it quickly, please, because right now you're like a twelve-year-old with a new, slightly forbidden toy.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 05:13:58 PM »

that *is* moderating the board, whether you like it or not. leaving a link doesn't change the fact that you moved the thread. also, it's abusing your power as an admin, to move it before the vote is finished. it's not in your job description to make those decisions.

and how is this *not* the correct place? read the description: "Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board."

so you grow up. and do it quickly, please, because right now you're like a twelve-year-old with a new, slightly forbidden toy.

And you are acting like the typical grumpy old man who is complaining about their not being enough rain. Given the extent of the majority, moving the topic seems like what needed doing. If you are so bothered move it back...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 05:22:24 PM »

And you are acting like the typical grumpy old man who is complaining about their not being enough rain. Given the extent of the majority, moving the topic seems like what needed doing. If you are so bothered move it back...

the vote isn't over yet. i'm asking you to respect that.

and yes, i could move it back, but that's not in my job description. it's in YOURS.

- Albert Einstein