Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97108 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #6495 on: April 21, 2018, 04:09:51 AM »
Gluten free pizza

Chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Roast Chicken and French fries.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6496 on: April 21, 2018, 04:15:09 PM »
Not quite sure what did it, but someone or  something I ate has gone  through me like a battery acid smoothie. Ugh. Painful gas,  plus the shits all day.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6497 on: April 22, 2018, 12:46:54 AM »
My friend on a diet convinced me to join her at a cafe to eat waffles with ice cream and maple syrup. She had a stomach ache afterwards but I was fine.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6498 on: April 22, 2018, 01:23:45 AM »
I'd like a nice fish soup. Not sure on the type of fish but definitely nice and creamy.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6499 on: April 22, 2018, 01:41:28 AM »
Hi Tequila! :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #6500 on: April 22, 2018, 06:42:04 AM »
Tesco brand bran flakes and a slice of cheesecake.
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6501 on: April 22, 2018, 08:57:23 AM »
Waffles sounds good ren. That sounds tasty. I did manage to get some sleep last night, ended up taking some buscopan (I've had some really bad stomach problems in the past, bad enough that I got a script for about 7-8  different stomach meds, including ondansetron, which they usually reserve for cancer patients on the nastiest types of chemo, gutbusters like cisplatin and the mustard gas type chemo agents [no joke, they actually use one of the military nitrogen mustards, either HN1 or HN3 IIRC, the chemical weapon blister agents for wiping out bone marrow], although its pricey as hell, ondansetron IS effective as it is expensive) and a couple of other things, plus 5mg nitrazepam and some adrenolytic meds to help knock me out. slept in until 4 pm, which suits me just fine. Slept in until whatever was going for my insides wore off.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6502 on: April 22, 2018, 09:19:14 PM »
I've tried Buscopan for my IBS and it never worked. It wasn't the prescription sort, just OTC at the chemist.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6503 on: April 23, 2018, 03:45:43 AM »
Here it can either be bought or prescribed, our laws are thankfully, rather lax as to what can be bough in order to stuff a cork up your backside. They 'even' sell o.6g/500ml codeine syrup albeit its going out of fashion quicker than stepping in dog crap, I only know one place in the entire CITY that cells  opium tincture (aka gee's linctus, its kinda spicy and if you carefully boil it down so as not to theo piate  content or the fire, its got a really nice peppery taste, if you are super-careful so as to tread the line between opiate and chewy, you can make the worlds best (IMO) toffee from it:autism:

The codeine syrup, I only know one place for it, and online as well, which is a shit, because I need a specific brand of codeine syrup for my signature cocktail, the 'manhattan project' (its a blend of tesco own brand (has to be the cheap own brand stuff, nothing else, nothing else will do, lime soda, plus some vodka, a good brand, grey goose or stoli, the vodka/lime soda mix floated carefully over the far denser syrup, then one uses artfully arranged slices of lemon and lime to 'lock' a little glass of diethyl ether (diisopropyl if needs must, or a mix, can live with it, don't taste as good plus DIPE likes to go boom from peroxidation)  into place, with a little grated lime zest.

Personal special, got a kick like a nuke,  tastes great, packs one helluva punch, but its getting SO hard to get the ingredients for it, as it HAS to be this specific brand of cough linctus, care+, no other can fill in for it. Its got, of all the surprising things, chloroform as a preservative, and although hepatotoxic, and a figure from the victorian ages, its still there, some sort of ancient throwback, I figure for a once in a blue moon sort of use like blending a special cocktail, fair enough, its not like I'll never go through a few hundred liters at least, of chloroform in a lifetime, just enough to lend a cocktail a flavour element, isn't going to kill me, but it does PISS me off that its only possible to make for one bottle of the syrup a month, enough to make perhaps two or three  of the cocktails, and I shouldn't have to conserve the stuff as if it were platinum plated electrodes, just to make any at all (the other versions of codeine syrup are made either of pine oil as an additive, which both tastes AND smells disgusting, or synthetic sugar-free orange and they are both pretty foul in their own right), but just this one brand, can be used for a manhattan project (pun off the US nuclear weapons dev project), anything else, and it would taste like sucking on a humongous arse, shouldn't have to walk an entire city's length just to find one of the key ingredients for a cocktail, sufficient for two, or perhaps three people to enjoy (the other being the ether, although that I've no problem at all finding, its just this highly specific brand of cough syrup, thats going out of fashion big time, thats really difficult to find) Ether, I can buy in 10/20 cans if I need to, but this fucking cough mixture is going the way of the damn dinosaurs, and it does make for the keystone of a REALLY good cocktail, if made right. Now its something I can only serve to a truly honored guest, and if I wish to partake myself, ideally knowing they'll be here a month or more in advance.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6504 on: April 23, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »
the usual - (plain this time) oatmeal with peanut butter stirred in.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6505 on: April 23, 2018, 12:15:43 PM »
Some rather  yummy pastrami spicy beef slices. Ate the entire pack and wished there had been more on sale, but I got the only one left.

Plus a big pot of onken cherry yoghurt. Had a liter of rum and a bottle of cherry wine. Did wake up with a hangover, not a terribly severe one, just that noxious taste of fruity, horrid acetaldehyde on my breath and a headache. The headache dissipated when 430 and initially, 70 milligrams of morphine sulfate and oxycodone respectively, was administered by intramuscular injection and insufflation respectively, and subsequently, caught some nice relaxing sleep, after some cimetidine (a stomach med, and also helps slow the metabolism of morphine, oxy and some other opioids to inactive metabolites) and 3 caps of chlormethiazole, my antiseizure med.

Now, I'm tempted to have another yoghurt pot, although I'm really rather thirsty atm, so, after finishing the bottle of bitter lemon I had been drinking, I went out and bought a couple of liter bottles of tonic water, nice and bitter and refreshing.

Hangover all gone, nicely relaxed, after a second morphine shot, and a blister strip of 140mg oxy up the nose :) feeling pretty good actually, just relaxing with the tonic water in front of the TV, watching star trek TNG, and andromeda, whilst playing fallout-tactics.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6506 on: April 23, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »
Pastrami is definitely yummy.

I bought some greek yogurt with mango and some with cherries.  They were 5 for $5.50, with a $1 coupon off each one.  Net cost 10 cents a piece.  Had one of the mango ones.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6507 on: April 23, 2018, 05:32:32 PM »
Yeah, it was on offer too, but the fucking shop had sold all but the last one, otherwise I could have bought more on offer. Gits. Never had it before, but I am SOLD on that stuff. Yum. Those cherry yoghurts didn't last me long either. Both of them went straight down the hatch one after the other.

*gnarf..scoff..snarff snaffle gnarffle *burps*

I love mangos, QV, one of my favourite fruits, apart from lychees and longans, those are probably my favourite, as was star fruit, although I now won't eat star fruit, after some HIGHLY disturbing research articles I read, about a neurotoxin, caramboxin, a modified phenylalanine analog that acts as a potent convulsant, with potentially lethal effects, its particularly toxic to those with poor kidney function, and has killed quite a few such people, although it can also cause symptoms in healthy people, and in a particularly grim twist, its full of oxalic acid, which is directly nephrotoxic. If the symptoms progress to seizures, its a seriously grim prognosis, they are highly resistant to treatment, and its likely to end fatally. Even as little as one slice has fatally poisoned kidney-impaired people. People with healthy kidneys clear caramboxin much more efficiently, but its still caused trouble before, and for those who survive, permanent brain damage is possible. So unfortunately, star fruit had to go and be knocked off my menu :( (I'd suggest nobody eat it, quite honestly, its actually pretty toxic, and if your kidneys aren't in tip top shape and you don't know it, it could well kill you, in a most unpleasant way)

Lychees, longans and their hairy relatives rambutan, are probably my favourite, but its hard to beat just gorging down on a really ripe, squelchy, sweet and aromatic, fat mango, juice dribbling down your chin like slobber dribbling from a politician's lie-factory :autism:

Or popping the leathery outside of a longan between your fingers and firing the ball of lychee-like sweet, perfumed juices into your mouth.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6508 on: December 13, 2018, 10:10:23 AM »
Currently eating scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6509 on: December 13, 2018, 02:47:38 PM »
B'fast was pimento loaf (think bologna with bits of pimento in it) on white bread.

Lunch was spaghetti and meatballs.

Dinner will be baked potato and cheese, beef stew from the hot line at the grocery.