Educational

Author Topic: New Normal  (Read 4450 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: New Normal
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2023, 05:27:30 PM »
Almost all the people I see wearing masks these days are wearing them wrong, you would think after all this time they would have figured it out by now

Most of the people I see wearing them are probably required to wear them, so they might be having trouble giving a crap, staff in medical offices and people like that. The few I see wearing them voluntarily in public are doing it right, though it's rare to see masks in stores at all anymore. Today I saw a lady wearing a mask and also wiping off her grocery cart.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2023, 09:59:24 PM »
At the local Aldi, the hard plastic barriers at the checkouts have been removed and no staff are wearing masks.

At the local chemist, the hard plastic barriers are still up and all of the staff are wearing masks.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2023, 01:52:06 PM »
The Aldi here still has the plastic shields. I hope they keep them. They are a good idea even without pandemics.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2023, 12:20:01 AM »
They've also removed the plastic barriers at reception at work. They still have the big outdoor sign telling people with any flu or Covid symptoms not to come in though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2023, 08:53:34 PM »
I stopped wearing mine when I ran out of fresh ones and couldn't afford to buy more.  Since then I think I've been getting sick.  I keep feeling extra tired and sleepy.  Course I also had a gap with one of my HRT medications, so we'll see how I feel once I've readjusted (or rather, re re re re readjusted, since my meds keep getting interrupted by budgetary constraints  :( ).  But I really want to start wearing my masks again.  Little afraid of what other people will think of me, though, when they see me wearing them.  Specifically people who may be in charge of hiring me.  So maybe I'll wait until I have a new job before re-upping  :dunno:

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted