Author Topic: A1(M)  (Read 1423 times)

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
Re: A1(M)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »
Well, it is a very frustrating road, but luckily I don't have to drive!! :P

But I kind of like it because it is interesting. Its got lots of nobbly bits (and tits) that the newer motorways lack. Some parts are 4 lane plus hard shoulder (very wide) especially near Peterborough. Then after that it goes back to a pre-1960's 2 lane dual carriageway. Then you get all the roundabouts from Grantham up to Newark (not quite sure as it is a while since I did the journey). Its amazing. You come straight off a roundabout at one point, and back onto a brand new stretch of 3 lane motorway plus hard shoulder!!

I've never been further north of scotch corner, but I believe the A1 north of Newcastle gets really funny. At several points it reverts to a single carriageway (mostly in Scotland) that goes through villages and stuff just like you would expect a B-Road to. The road of extremes is the A1!!

I guess I have sent everyone to sleep now!!!

I could start talking about the M4, or the M62, but I'll leave that for another day!!

duncvis

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 04:03:45 PM »
Heh. I think some of you guys might enjoy this site: Pathetic Motorways

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 10:10:09 PM »
nice one.

reminds me of "the day today" and the gay report, where they reported which motorways/seas etc.  were gay that day.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »
Robert if you come to visit me, your gonna end up thrown in the middle of a dual carriageway, and i wont care how many cars, lorries or whatever hit you. ;D
I will be sitting playing a little game..............count how many times robert gets thrown in the air/ends up on a windscreen/smacked by a vehicle. There will be a point system based on the force of each hit, the color of the vehicle, type of vehicle etc etc.
I imagine its miles better than monopoly. :laugh:

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 03:56:15 PM »
Cool. It will be the strangest sex scene ever.

Me and Hypnotica_Gaze getting busy on a moving car bonnet!! :laugh:

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 08:09:11 PM »
You obviously missed the bit where your being killed in a busy road by oncoming traffic, whilst i look thru some binoculars and laugh, a short distance away.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 11:46:33 PM »
easy to gloss over the less promising bits, i feel.

but HG, i do think you're being a bit harsh.  i mean, think of all the trauma.  those poor people having to scrape bits off robert off their bonnets and bumpers, not to mention windscreens, cos blood and brain matter dries so quickly on paintwork and stuff in this weather - it's bad enough when you're driving fast and splat an insect or too.  honestly - have you a secret profit pact with those people at traffic lights who insist on washing your car, whether you like it or not?

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 04:31:39 PM »
Now theres a way to make some easy cash, a share in a forensic clean up company. ;D

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 04:43:11 PM »
Your missing me already, aren't you HG? :-*

Told you, she only comes on when I'm on!!

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 04:56:48 PM »
dont you mean that the other way round.
YOU STALKER!