Author Topic: PICTURE? ASSOCIATION? GAME?  (Read 19362 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: PICTURE? ASSOCIATION? GAME?
« Reply #1155 on: June 25, 2007, 03:06:55 PM »
Do you hate me, were you serious when you cursed at me? Did you realy mean what you said? If you were just playing around, I apologize.

Do you have any concept of the how important you would have to be to someone for them to actually hate you?

It's common sense to know when someone dislikes you when they flame you or curse at you, insult you, etc. But unfortunitly, it's hard to tell on here because I get flamed, etc and then they are nice to me, then they aren't. It's confusing. The comment Catkiller left in my blog on WP, I thought he hated me, then he is nice to me in my Spokane thread ??? I thought McJagger hated me, then he is nice, I have thought Calendale hated me, then it seems like he doesn't.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1156 on: June 25, 2007, 03:07:09 PM »
Do you hate me, were you serious when you cursed at me? Did you realy mean what you said? If you were just playing around, I apologize.

no, i don't hate you.  i haven't got the motivation.  but you started on someone i care about, and i won't have that, even though he's perfectly capable of fending for himself.

but you don't need to apologise, hon - i'm not in the least offended.  i just wondered if you would.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1157 on: June 25, 2007, 03:08:36 PM »
Spamming? Spamming? Hey look lady, this is a picture thread we're posting. Aren't we supposed to post pics we like? I like B&J so that is my theme I'm doing on the movie.

No; each picture is supposed to be related to the picture posted before it, not simply "pictures we like."  Hence, you are techically spamming.  It's fine, it's all good, it's intensity; I'm just suggesting that the rest of us don't have to get derailed by it, nor do we have to get mad at you or attack you for it.  It's much more logical just to ignore it.

Oh this is like The Google Image thread? My bad. I understand the game now, thanks.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1158 on: June 25, 2007, 03:11:07 PM »

no, i don't hate you.  i haven't got the motivation.  but you started on someone i care about, and i won't have that, even though he's perfectly capable of fending for himself.

but you don't need to apologise, hon - i'm not in the least offended.  i just wondered if you would.

I'm sorry.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1159 on: June 25, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »

I'm sorry.

don't worry about it, hon, really.  maybe just have a think about how people might be pissed off if you keep posting the same sort of photos.  if you didn't know to start with, then there's no blame attached - you made a mistake, and fuck knows we all do that.  but now you do know, and i'm sure you won't carry on.

so don't beat yourself up about it.  just don't do it again, and then you don't have to worry that people will be horrible to you.  not for that, anyway.

this is intensity, hon - the ideal place to learn how to toughen up.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1160 on: June 25, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1161 on: June 25, 2007, 03:30:48 PM »
I apologize to Spokane girl as well- I assumed you knew the rules of the game and were ignoring them!   :asthing:

it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1162 on: June 25, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
That's what Odeon was probably talking about when he said, "it was getting old." I thought he was talking about the same kind of theme I was doing, not about because he thought I was doing it just because you know...

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1163 on: June 25, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »

Do you have any concept of the how important you would have to be to someone for them to actually hate you?

It's common sense to know when someone dislikes you when they flame you or curse at you, insult you, etc. But unfortunitly, it's hard to tell on here because I get flamed, etc and then they are nice to me, then they aren't. It's confusing. The comment Catkiller left in my blog on WP, I thought he hated me, then he is nice to me in my Spokane thread ??? I thought McJagger hated me, then he is nice, I have thought Calendale hated me, then it seems like he doesn't.

Hypothetical:

I have an analogy that comes to my mind about playing games, which could be helpful to you, if you can get what I am talking about. "You win the game by playing the ball, not the man." (It's a famous basketball quote) In other words, "The Ball" is a thread issue up for debate and "The Man" is the specific posting member who opposes you in a debate. As long as we are talking about something on which we disagree, we are antagonistic towards each other, but it is NOT personal, it is merely a disagreement on an issue. Feel free to show your passion, but be prepared to have it challenged and opposed. It is NOT personal.

If someone disagrees with you on an issue, they might beat the shit out of you for your opposing opinion, but it has nothing to do with you - it is about the issue  (The Ball).

The next issue that comes up, it is quite possible that we could agree, completely, and I might defend your viewpoint, along with my own, in that case. I would not be toying with your mind, I would simply be supporting our common viewpoint, together, against those who have an opposing viewpoint. It is still NOT personal. No need to answer, right away. Think about it a bit. Try to imagine that we could disagree vehemently and still not hate each other.

BTW, That's a beautiful Phalaenopsis pic.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 03:43:49 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1164 on: June 25, 2007, 03:50:31 PM »
never mind - all sorted now.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1165 on: June 25, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »
I THOUGHT that was O'Keefe, and lo and behold, according to the URL, I'm right!  :D

it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1166 on: June 25, 2007, 03:58:49 PM »
I THOUGHT that was O'Keefe, and lo and behold, according to the URL, I'm right!  :D

you little culture vulture.  ;)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1167 on: June 25, 2007, 04:00:29 PM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1168 on: June 25, 2007, 04:02:43 PM »
Very good point, DirtDawg.

We might violently disagree with one another about various issues, but we like one another as people anyway.  At least that is how I feel.

I'm sorry, Spokane Girl.  I also assumed that you knew that this was the picture association game thread, but you were just doing what you wanted to do anyway.

My Picture:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1169 on: June 25, 2007, 04:05:08 PM »