Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 94442 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #4320 on: June 16, 2010, 03:01:47 PM »
^My day started with the :kitten: from next-door paying us a visit.

Good thing of the day?

Had a very effective meeting, teacher of my girl, coordinator of the new school, her and me. Just to check on things that may need attention.
The coordinator was creative in bringing up issues and solutions herself, and they were good suggestions.
It's looking good.

Also found a creative solution for too much hassle tomorrow at school for the 12 yo. And that will mean that in stead of getting a stressed out girl home, I'll get a relaxed and content girl home. Huge difference.

That's really good. How much of a relief is it when someone actually listens and takes on board how to move forward with things.

Indeed, and the step to secondary school is so huge.

I have no complaints on how primary school treated her. Over all, they have been very good. And they have taken her autism in account way before I had a clue on what the autistic spectrum was. They just prepared her for changes, because they saw the kid did a lot better if they did that.

Year 7 and 8 were tougher on her though, not because of school, but because kids in her class changing more and more into group creatures beginning puberty kids. And the not fitting in has never been as clear as the past two years.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4321 on: June 16, 2010, 03:08:19 PM »

Good thing of the day?

Had a very effective meeting, teacher of my girl, coordinator of the new school, her and me. Just to check on things that may need attention.
The coordinator was creative in bringing up issues and solutions herself, and they were good suggestions.
It's looking good.

Also found a creative solution for too much hassle tomorrow at school for the 12 yo. And that will mean that in stead of getting a stressed out girl home, I'll get a relaxed and content girl home. Huge difference.

That's really good. How much of a relief is it when someone actually listens and takes on board how to move forward with things.

I have no complaints on how primary school treated her. Over all, they have been very good. And they have taken her autism in account way before I had a clue on what the autistic spectrum was. They just prepared her for changes, because they saw the kid did a lot better if they did that.

Year 7 and 8 were tougher on her though, not because of school, but because kids in her class changing more and more into group creatures beginning puberty kids. And the not fitting in has never been as clear as the past two years.

I hope things improve then. I remember having trouble understanding how that whole 'clique' thing worked. Didn't start to improve until I was around 14.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4322 on: June 16, 2010, 03:11:01 PM »

Good thing of the day?

It's looking good.

I hope things improve then. I remember having trouble understanding how that whole 'clique' thing worked. Didn't start to improve until I was around 14.

You were quick.

Didn't get it at all at secondary school.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4323 on: June 16, 2010, 04:05:02 PM »

Good thing of the day?

It's looking good.

You were quick.

The cliques pretty much ignored me after eighth grade, as they became busy with dances and after-school jobs. People ignored me. It was great!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Celticgoddess

« Reply #4324 on: June 16, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »

Good thing of the day?

It's looking good.

I'm sooo happy to read that. Slowly but surely things fall into place. Remind me of my own wisdom next time I email you my frustrations. :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4325 on: June 17, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »

I'm sooo happy to read that. Slowly but surely things fall into place. Remind me of my own wisdom next time I email you my frustrations. :laugh:

:laugh:

I may need to hang that over my bed to overcome the next few weeks.

I'll remind you.  ;)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4326 on: June 17, 2010, 03:57:28 AM »
Woke up to find that mum had sorted out the garage.  I left it in a mess yesterday after digging through a big pile of wood scraps, planks, sheets of OSB, ladders, folding chairs, large wooden pallets and other stuff to get at the blackbird chick.  She's surprising strong for a small woman who's nearing 62 and has arthritis in her hands.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4327 on: June 17, 2010, 05:01:52 AM »
Finished writing a document that I've been struggling with all week.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4328 on: June 17, 2010, 07:34:20 AM »

Good thing of the day?

It's looking good.

You were quick.

I was good at a couple of sports, which helped, speed skating and hockey.

Looking back...speed skating was the focused, escape stuff, hockey was running my ass off to bash the fuck out of a ball with a stick to get out frustration. Plus our school was very competitive regionally and state wide hockey wise....so the boys played the girls at lunchtime to increase the competitiveness of the girls team.

I should have been born a boy.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4329 on: June 17, 2010, 07:41:02 AM »
My wife was into hockey when she went to school. Something about violence against other girls I think :chin:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #4330 on: June 17, 2010, 09:35:17 AM »
Sat on the garden swing with monkeyboy and had a nice swing/chat.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4331 on: June 17, 2010, 02:27:38 PM »
My daughter returned home after a week of ice skating.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #4332 on: June 17, 2010, 03:26:20 PM »
Getting my long rest after a really long day of college.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4333 on: June 17, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »
Completed the job I was working on and had left over materials plus I picked up a check
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Celticgoddess

« Reply #4334 on: June 17, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »
Taught monkeygirl how to play badminton. Given that she just turned 5, it was a lot of me watching her try to hit the birdie. :laugh: