Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93891 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #3405 on: December 12, 2009, 10:16:58 AM »
So do I but in sales it can be a fine line many push to fit themselves I don't.

Yeah I agree entirely. The way I approach sales is not to give a prospective customer something that they are likely to come back and complain about later because you KNOW that customer will say they spoke to you and you said....

I had a customer who wanted to leave his other service providers. The phone and internet package and ISP was much more expensive than what he had. Already $80/mth than what he was currently with. He wanted me to "make a deal" and reduce our costs. I examined everything. At one point he said "OK the phone broadband package is there some thing cheaper than the one you have proposed?" I said "Yeah there is. I could reduce your speed by 4 times and therefore save you $10/mth, but I think I would be doing you a disservice and won't suggest it as a solution unless you are really sure you want really bad speed".

He was surprised but said he appreciated the honesty. I discovered that his current ISP was giving him about 10 times the download limit to what he had been using and charging him a great price for the higher limit, but was a lot higher than the ISP we could provide to fit his download usage. I saved him on the entire package $30. I told him this was absolutely the best we could do for him. He thought for a bit and said, "Yeah fair enough. I appreciate your help. Let's do it"

I got his phone and broadband access, his ISP, and he bought over three mobiles to us. Big win and he came out of it really knowing what he was getting and what we could and could not do and as our calls are time recorded if he was the type of person to claim false or misleading advice, I am covered and so is the business. Was a sweet sale worth about $130 to me.

Going to plus you too.  :plus:  :laugh:

Good that you don't cover the Netherlands with your working calls. I'd be losing the pride I take in resisting telemarketers.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3406 on: December 12, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »
I brought my shoes to the shop to get them re-soled. And walked past an outlet store with shoes.
Walked in. Got myself two pairs of good and good-looking low booties, for the price of one.

I hate buying shoes. Really hate it.

This was nice. The woman there listened to what I needed, and found shoes that fitted me without a problem.

She also had gorgeous fuck me boots in my size, but they were beyond what I could pay.

Besides her finding me good and nice shoes, she also gave me an address of a bureau working with youngsters with a label. That was what she had recently put up the shop for, after retirement. To have it as a training place for kids with ADHD and Autism.  If my other plans of re-integrating in a decnt job won't work, I'm going to give them a call to see if I can be of service there.

Brought my other shoes to get them repaired. I think I won't need to buy winter shoes for three years. Absolutely delighted.  :laugh:

Blasted

« Reply #3407 on: December 12, 2009, 10:30:49 AM »
Hasn't happened yet but will later on.  I'm getting drunk tonight  8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3408 on: December 12, 2009, 11:18:13 AM »
Drove on I-95 and didn't die
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3409 on: December 12, 2009, 12:57:54 PM »
big fat furball slept stretched out on my pillow while i slept with my neck bent and my head on the duvet  :lol:t

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3410 on: December 12, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »
Found a very cool combi sound on the korg.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3411 on: December 12, 2009, 06:00:37 PM »
got a christmas card from my aunty

Celticgoddess

« Reply #3412 on: December 12, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »
Have spent the weekend in a hotel getting my head together about all the separation stuff. Have got it all sorted out and am ready to tackle the big stuff ahead of me. Am currently drinking wine and eating fish n chips while I enjoy my last night here.

Blasted

« Reply #3413 on: December 13, 2009, 01:39:09 AM »
Had 12 hours of lovely, uninterrupted sleep.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3414 on: December 13, 2009, 03:10:31 AM »
Being home alone.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3415 on: December 13, 2009, 06:28:10 AM »
The best thing about today? It was almost entirely argument-free. No raised voices, no petty verbal sniping or bickering, no accusations, not even much whining. Doesn't happen too damn often, but I enjoy it when it does. 8)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #3416 on: December 13, 2009, 12:38:42 PM »
My 12yo son got his yellow belt today in karate. He was really proud of himself and so was I. This was the first time I got a chance to see him do karate and he was really good. He is interested in eventually becoming a sensei and his sensei thinks he would be good at this too.

P7PSP

« Reply #3417 on: December 13, 2009, 12:57:16 PM »
That's ^^^ cool. Being able to deliver a good punch can be handy. I am going to the range today have time off from helping someone move all their shit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:13:10 PM by PPK »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3418 on: December 13, 2009, 12:57:54 PM »
got a fishy, 2 shrimps and a snail

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3419 on: December 13, 2009, 09:27:26 PM »
My 12yo son got his yellow belt today in karate. He was really proud of himself and so was I. This was the first time I got a chance to see him do karate and he was really good. He is interested in eventually becoming a sensei and his sensei thinks he would be good at this too.

Congrats to... Nicholas? (I forget which is your eldest) on his achievement. My sons, long ago, took lessons in taekido, a fusion of taekwondo and aikido. They didn't keep it up after the second year, but a few of their mates did and have reached high levels of proficiency. Hope your boy keeps enjoying his sport for a long time to come.