Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93679 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #3390 on: December 11, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »
i got my new computer today.
this is really good. i bought a warranty on the old one and the company would not honor it. they were wrong - they decided based on evaluating someone else's computer.

two month fight is over now. that is really good.

now i have a full size keyboard and a nice sized screen for when i can't get out of bed or have to rest my back. that is really good.
it has a 500G hard drive. dunno what i'll do with that. maybe play with linux. that would be good.

i am still scared this is a dream and i will wake up with a dead computer and so forth. that's not good. that means i should shut up now.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3391 on: December 11, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »
Binty had an orgasm  :thumbup:

Actually I sincerely congratulate you on this I know you were having problems in this regards. Hope whatever inhibitors are gone and it will be one happy orgasmic fingerfest from hereon in.
:agreed:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Blasted

« Reply #3392 on: December 11, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »
Old college friends are back in London and wanna meet  8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3393 on: December 11, 2009, 05:36:07 PM »

Actually I sincerely congratulate you on this I know you were having problems in this regards. Hope whatever inhibitors are gone and it will be one happy orgasmic fingerfest from hereon in.

:indeed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #3394 on: December 11, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
 :laugh:

Cheers guys.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3395 on: December 11, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »
Found out being brutally honest with a prospective customer isn't always bad he respected it greatly and I got the job even though I wasn't his first pick till talking more to me
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Blasted

« Reply #3396 on: December 11, 2009, 07:45:50 PM »
I usually prefer people to be honest to me.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3397 on: December 11, 2009, 07:54:25 PM »
So do I but in sales it can be a fine line many push to fit themselves I don't.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3398 on: December 11, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
I lobe ny cqt

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3399 on: December 11, 2009, 09:32:18 PM »
kinxer egg chpcplate bra

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3400 on: December 12, 2009, 07:36:20 AM »
So do I but in sales it can be a fine line many push to fit themselves I don't.

Yeah I agree entirely. The way I approach sales is not to give a prospective customer something that they are likely to come back and complain about later because you KNOW that customer will say they spoke to you and you said....

I had a customer who wanted to leave his other service providers. The phone and internet package and ISP was much more expensive than what he had. Already $80/mth than what he was currently with. He wanted me to "make a deal" and reduce our costs. I examined everything. At one point he said "OK the phone broadband package is there some thing cheaper than the one you have proposed?" I said "Yeah there is. I could reduce your speed by 4 times and therefore save you $10/mth, but I think I would be doing you a disservice and won't suggest it as a solution unless you are really sure you want really bad speed".

He was surprised but said he appreciated the honesty. I discovered that his current ISP was giving him about 10 times the download limit to what he had been using and charging him a great price for the higher limit, but was a lot higher than the ISP we could provide to fit his download usage. I saved him on the entire package $30. I told him this was absolutely the best we could do for him. He thought for a bit and said, "Yeah fair enough. I appreciate your help. Let's do it"

I got his phone and broadband access, his ISP, and he bought over three mobiles to us. Big win and he came out of it really knowing what he was getting and what we could and could not do and as our calls are time recorded if he was the type of person to claim false or misleading advice, I am covered and so is the business. Was a sweet sale worth about $130 to me.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3401 on: December 12, 2009, 07:42:02 AM »
^ Wish that all customer-service reps had your attitude.

:plus:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3402 on: December 12, 2009, 08:05:40 AM »
Thanks.
It was really surprised with that one as he was going ahead knowing that we were still $50/mth in total worse off. Better than $80 more expensive but still. Thing was he hated the people he was with and was using the exercise to test me and see if he was comfortable with our service. The money was important but not the motivation. He did not want to go to another company who's service was worse.

I have been sidestepped into a role which is more outbound sales and customer retention. I honestly thought my sales and commissions would go down the gurgler. Not so. Second month there and my commissions look to eclipse the other role. :D
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3403 on: December 12, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »
i got my new computer today.
this is really good. i bought a warranty on the old one and the company would not honor it. they were wrong - they decided based on evaluating someone else's computer.

two month fight is over now. that is really good.

now i have a full size keyboard and a nice sized screen for when i can't get out of bed or have to rest my back. that is really good.
it has a 500G hard drive. dunno what i'll do with that. maybe play with linux. that would be good.

i am still scared this is a dream and i will wake up with a dead computer and so forth. that's not good. that means i should shut up now.

Well done.  :plus: for fighting.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3404 on: December 12, 2009, 10:11:55 AM »

:agreed:

fourded

:plus: Bint, for treating yourself so well.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!