Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93612 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #3240 on: November 09, 2009, 06:57:58 PM »
I finally was able to get my daughter an H1N1 influenza shot today.  They gave her their very last one. 

They had a little of the nasal spray vaccine last weekend, but that's only for people with no medical issues, and they were only giving it to toddlers.

I don't particularly care whether or not I get vaccinated, but I really don't want my daughter catching swine flu, given her health issues.

The nurse who gave the shot said that H1N1 influenza seems to be decreasing here now, but they have had hundreds of kids with it over the past couple of weeks.

It's increasing here. A million people have had their flu shots now but it seems to be a bit late to stop it now.
If you vaccinate enough people, then it will die out. Also it slows the rate of spread, particularly advantagious to those especially at risk - who are first in line for the jab, along with those who might be treating them.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3241 on: November 09, 2009, 07:22:27 PM »
I'm guilt-tripping my mother into getting me a ukulele

[mothermode]I've got a guilt-tripping allergy.[/mothermode]

got a guilt-tripping allergy when not in mother function too btw.

And it is growing. Doing me a lot of good. This bitch will just say "no!"
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3242 on: November 09, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
Got a new hardbound book
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3243 on: November 09, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »

I kind of think it's not your mother mode that had a guilt-tripping overload that triggered the allergy, but I agree saying no to someone trying to guilt trip you is probably a good thing.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #3244 on: November 09, 2009, 08:42:21 PM »

That's what I was thinking too. :laugh: Can't be bothered to give them and it sure doesn't work on others who try to use it on me. Kids or otherwise. ;)

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3245 on: November 10, 2009, 03:51:44 AM »

I kind of think it's not your mother mode that had a guilt-tripping overload that triggered the allergy, but I agree saying no to someone trying to guilt trip you is probably a good thing.

You are right there. I was just the girl who got herself guilt-tripped from very young on. Personality? Calvinism? Example of parents, feeling overly responsible for all around them? Who knows. Not a bad thing to develop an allergy for that in the past years. And yes, it has been played on me a lot, and I did let that happen. Not any more though.

P7PSP

« Reply #3246 on: November 10, 2009, 06:04:24 AM »
The final bit of business in wrapping up my grandmas estate will be complete soon. So my aunt and mother will be done with all the work they have had to do as executors and myself and 19 cousins will soon have a bit of money to invest or play with.  :thumbup: My grandma was cool while she was with us and wrote her will with an eye to us being able to have a good time on her dime after she left. She taught me how to read and always had Dr. Seuss and dinosaur books around for me to read when I was little.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:19:23 AM by PPK »

Blasted

« Reply #3247 on: November 10, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »
A book-stealin' girl I used to date won't be at a comedy gig tomorrow!

Celticgoddess

« Reply #3248 on: November 10, 2009, 12:12:45 PM »
Surprise phone call from the boy this morning. Still smiling.

Blasted

« Reply #3249 on: November 10, 2009, 02:13:11 PM »
Am full of nicotine and have whiskey  8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3250 on: November 10, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »
I finally was able to get my daughter an H1N1 influenza shot today.  They gave her their very last one. 

They had a little of the nasal spray vaccine last weekend, but that's only for people with no medical issues, and they were only giving it to toddlers.

I don't particularly care whether or not I get vaccinated, but I really don't want my daughter catching swine flu, given her health issues.

The nurse who gave the shot said that H1N1 influenza seems to be decreasing here now, but they have had hundreds of kids with it over the past couple of weeks.

It's increasing here. A million people have had their flu shots now but it seems to be a bit late to stop it now.
If you vaccinate enough people, then it will die out. Also it slows the rate of spread, particularly advantagious to those especially at risk - who are first in line for the jab, along with those who might be treating them.

Yes, of course it will die out. At this rate, up to a million people will have had it here before it has, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Celticgoddess

« Reply #3251 on: November 10, 2009, 04:58:19 PM »

Yes, of course it will die out. At this rate, up to a million people will have had it here before it has, though.

What is the vaccination schedule like for you guys? Here, you can only get it if you're high risk. The rest of the public isn't eligible yet.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3252 on: November 10, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »
The rest of the population are getting it starting yesterday. The risk groups have been vaccinated.

I got mine last week and I'm still not walking backwards. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3253 on: November 10, 2009, 05:04:41 PM »
Almost finished the house I am working on. It's a vary simple house with no surprises 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3254 on: November 10, 2009, 05:58:31 PM »

What is the vaccination schedule like for you guys? Here, you can only get it if you're high risk. The rest of the public isn't eligible yet.

My parents got the first shot last Saturday, next week they'll get the regular flu shot, and the week after that the second Swineflu jab. It's organised like a decent slaughter line there. People go in one side of the building, and on their way out get checked on glucose too.

All the people eligible for the regular flu-shot are eligible for this one. And kids till the age of five. That last has been decided yesterday.